Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By hlee96
Searched through 20 years of Rennlist topics on CIS and wondering if I am on the right track and any recommendations to further improve or send the WUR in to SpecialTauto for rebuild.

History: 1978 #414 sat while I was gathering parts and doing water pump/belt change, along with dragging my @ss. It failed to start before my water pump/belt work when I added gas into the tank while it was idling and likely disturbed the sediments and clogged the fuel pump/filter.

Finally did the right thing and got Stan (MrMerlin) to help.
In summary:
1. New duel fuel pumps (below the tank and inside the rear fender)
2. New Greg Brown fuel lines (both inside the engine bay)
3. New injectors (all 8)
4. Took a few tries to start and finally did and, although a little rough at first, it settled to a nice idle after a few rough runs. However, it would stall when gas is pressed.
5. Ran Techron/Chemotool in the tank and jumpered the system to help to clean the varnish a bit.
a. The car would not start after this.
6. Check pressures: reviewed the CIS gauge to ensure proper connections (it was)
a. System pressure 80-82 PSI (little high but liveable?)
b. Cold control pressure: 80 PSI!
7. Removed and clean every part of the WUR top chamber and inlet screen (plenty of junk and finally cleaned)
a. Easily injected brake cleaner through both the inlet/outlet both sides and liquid easily comes out the other side.
b. Followed by compressed air and cleaned
c. Verified the placements of the diaphragms (one without the off-center hole against the inlet/outlet holes-WUR, followed by the diaphragm with a small off-center hole, followed by the machined plate with a tiny cup in the center for the pin)
8. Rechecked Pressures:
a. System pressure: 80 PSI
b. Cold control pressure: 42 PSI (improved but still ~15-18 PSI too high)
9. Followed Rennlist suggestions/Watson suggestions on quick check on CIS blockage with fuel pump running:
a. Cracked open the inlet to WUR --> Cold control pressure decreased from 42 PSI to ~20 PSI with brisk fuel
b. Cracked open the outlet of the WUR --> Cold control pressure did not decrease with slower fuel leak

So, accordingly, the blockage is still with the WUR between the inlet/outlet of the fuel lines on the WUR. Where do I go? Should I start pressing on the adjusting pin? It is ~2 mm below the WUR surface. Maybe I can tap it and see if it can lower 10-15 PSI? Metal diaphragms looked good. Would the bottom half with the rubber diaphragm of the WUR affect the cold control pressure? It shouldn't according to the concept.

Before going any further, I am thinking about running some BG44K through the system and check again.

Maybe I need to rebuild the WUR with o-rings and all, but I am trying to avoid going into the bottom half.

Thank you for all and any advice/recommendations!
Hoi
By Mrmerlin
Hi Hoi I just saw this and thought i would add a suggestion I had a similar problem with my early cis machine and it needed to have the mixture screw turned CW a bit, you need a longer 3 mm allen wrench to get to the screw.
Mark the position so you can return, let me know what you find
Rear Brake line Seized

Hi Fred, I'm changing the two rear brake lines fo[…]

Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

My age and mobility has led me to decide to sell m[…]

Nothing important, but it struck me this morni[…]

Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]