By fpena944
Man how does a car get to that point?!?

I guess I've gotten spoiled by life in Colorado and the Southeast.
By Scott at Team Harco
fpena944 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 am Man how does a car get to that point?!?

Michigan uses salt on the roads in the winter. I have had to junk several cars over the years because I can't beat the rust. Otherwise, I'd be able to keep just about anything going.

I have found that German cars have the best corrosion resistant fasteners of any I have worked on. This makes working on them far less annoying than most others.

Rust never sleeps. It's killed nearly all of our Dodges, Mitsubishis, Subarus and Fords.
By mussberger
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
fpena944 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 am Man how does a car get to that point?!?

Michigan uses salt on the roads in the winter. I have had to junk several cars over the years because I can't beat the rust. Otherwise, I'd be able to keep just about anything going.

I have found that German cars have the best corrosion resistant fasteners of any I have worked on. This makes working on them far less annoying than most others.

Rust never sleeps. It's killed nearly all of our Dodges, Mitsubishis, Subarus and Fords.
I'll attest to the Cayenne being very well protected from rust. Mine is an 08' and has seen many salted roads. drive through coin op wash by our house has a good under carriage rinse that certainly helps.
By Scott at Team Harco
mussberger wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:09 pm I'll attest to the Cayenne being very well protected from rust. Mine is an 08' and has seen many salted roads. drive through coin op wash by our house has a good under carriage rinse that certainly helps.
Right - now try that on cars that are 25 - 30, even 40 years old. The Germans understand this better than anyone (in my experience).
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]