Classic aircooled
By fpena944
Guess I'm a little late to the party but I just got around to reading my September 2020 issue of Panorama magazine.

In there is an article about an owner who purchased a GT4 but for various reasons sold it to look for something more raw and simple. Ended up with a 1964 356 that is gorgeous.

I know personally I always like the fastest and newest but after reading this I can feel what the author was saying and would like to one day make a similar decision.

Anyone else read it? Thought it was a well-thought piece. Here is the cover photo:
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By amdavid
Not getting Pano these days, I take a break every few years (from PCA). They're hard to throw away, but if you don't they stack up quickly. There are some great articles, but after reading, I just can't "collect" them.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm Not getting Pano these days, I take a break every few years (from PCA). They're hard to throw away, but if you don't they stack up quickly. There are some great articles, but after reading, I just can't "collect" them.
Only magazines I get these days are Pano and Excellence. Yeah I agree they stack up quickly and I feel bad throwing them away because there is some nice photography in there but if I kept them I'd end up on an episode of "Hoarders" before long.
By Ponchobroke
I remember that article. AND, to a certain extent I lean in that direction also. Any more, our cars over drove our abilities more than a few years ago even with nanny guidance. So, these days drives are more about being out to enjoy the drive rather than prove my dominance over the vehicle and/or the road. And I do long “for a simpler and perhaps a more mechanical time” when one could figuratively “will” a car to its best, much like riding a horse.

BUT, ain’t technology great!
By fpena944
Ponchobroke wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:21 pm I remember that article. AND, to a certain extent I lean in that direction also. Any more, our cars over drove our abilities more than a few years ago even with nanny guidance. So, these days drives are more about being out to enjoy the drive rather than prove my dominance over the vehicle and/or the road. And I do long “for a simpler and perhaps a more mechanical time” when one could figuratively “will” a car to its best, much like riding a horse.

BUT, ain’t technology great!
I almost feel like I need a different car for each different mood and purpose. Just wish my garage and budget could support that desire!
XR4Tim liked this
By XR4Tim
fpena944 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:39 pm I almost feel like I need a different car for each different mood and purpose. Just wish my garage and budget could support that desire!
Exactly how I feel. I like cars that accelerate fast, cars that feel light and tossable, cars that are comfortable, RWD, AWD, and I always want at least one with a stickshift.
Bring A Trailer finds

no it doesn't Right, so the Shelby Do[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]