Watercooled 911s
By TheDeckMan
Thanks David! Cannot wait to get some good wrenching done in the garage soon.
amdavid liked this
By TheDeckMan
Scooped up a new lip for the 997, looks a little more aggressive and for $135 why not?!

old

new

now needs to just be moar low.
By linderpat
Happy Friday and Memorial Day weekend folks. this weekend is Pagid's, wheels/tires and hi-temp brake fluid to get track ready for next Friday.
By TheDeckMan
Sounds like a fun weekend project! Not too hot to be out in the garage! Headed to Lime Rock to watch the IMSA races.
By amdavid
Dug up a pic of the departed 997 that’s now sporting a 4.0l. Yes, I will be back in a 997...waiting for the expanding bubble to pop.

Louis de Funes liked this
By linderpat
So sick of easy projects becoming disasters! Stripped the hex head caliper bolts on 2 of the calipers this weekend - the front right and the rear left side :banghead: The brake job on these cars is ridiculously easy, right up until they are not. So now, because I need to car for a big drive later this week, it has to go to the shop to do the two bad wheels.

I hate allen head bolts. I've had them strip out on the oil pan bolt. The new caliper bolts are torx, tells you something!
By groovzilla
Just bought this 2006 997 C4 Cabriolet.
Very happy with it. Really nice cruising around with top down.

Bought in San Francisco and drove home 1000 miles to Seattle with top down. WIndscreen really nice optional feature.
This photo taken at winery in Roseburg Or. Wife did some tasting, I did some photos :beerchug:

:cool:
By TheDeckMan
They can be a pita, a little Kroil prior and heat the head a little to pass some heat into the threads, this normally will break loose the loctite on them or corrosion in the aluminum housing. That royally sucks :puking:

Most of the coolant hoses showed up and o-rings for the motor drop on the 997, still have to chase down a few more. Now I just need to my buddies 996tt wrapped up this weekend and can move onto getting the 997 fixed.
By Skyhawk172
groovzilla wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:40 pm Just bought this 2006 997 C4 Cabriolet.
Very happy with it. Really nice cruising around with top down.

Bought in San Francisco and drove home 1000 miles to Seattle with top down. WIndscreen really nice optional feature.
This photo taken at winery in Roseburg Or. Wife did some tasting, I did some photos :beerchug:

:cool:
Beautiful car Groove
groovzilla liked this
By groovzilla
Liking the full leather. But the best aspect are the black faced guages. I don't dig the white.
Black Gauges Matter.
XR4Tim liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
The leg must be healing well. I expected to see an automatic transmission shifter. :thumbup:
By groovzilla
Knee is coming along. Surgery Oct 27th and almost 8 months later I can move the knee well. Only issue is it is still weak and I just am able now to climb steps without holding handrail.
Doctor said full year before it is back to close to new so have to be patient.
All the best.
TRAKCAR liked this
By linderpat
it sure is quiet here. Not like the 928 forum, where there is a lot of activity daily. Anyway, looking at my post count (997 on this one) I thought I'd drop that one in here just for giggles. We'll see how long it is before anyone responds :beerchug:
By latonnelier
After I put the car on the lift and unclipped/unhooked and unbolted a bunch of stuff. I slid the lift table under the motor with some judiciously placed 2x4s and away she went. Now I start the tedious process of removing all the peripherals and sending the case halves to LN, the heads to Hoffman and wherever I can find for the crank that is reputable--can anyone in the Phoenix area recommend a good machine shop? If everything goes well, she'll be back running in 2-3 months.

The car has had a bit of ticking at startup lately, so I'm interested to see what the cylinders look like under all the dirt that seems to be holding everything together now. I also have to rebuild the starter and maybe I'll put a new regulator on the alternator. Have some new Bilsteins (I bought last year--or was that a year or two before?) and I'll also be replacing a whole bunch of cooling hoses, seems only appropriate for a 198k pcar. For your entertainment, I give you my 2006, C2S; under the knife(or wrench)...

OH, by the way. If anyone has any small parts for the motor they might be looking to sell but didn't want to bother with a classified, let me know and perhaps I can relieve you of your burden:)
By ranger22
Last Friday, I dropped off Chik-Fil-A to finish the makeover and turn this car into the beast that it deserves to be.
4B1983C1-9DF9-4808-913C-5EEEA159369A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Scott at Team Harco
latonnelier wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:30 pm After I put the car on the lift and unclipped/unhooked and unbolted a bunch of stuff. I slid the lift table under the motor with some judiciously placed 2x4s and away she went. Now I start the tedious process of removing all the peripherals and sending the case halves to LN, the heads to Hoffman and wherever I can find for the crank that is reputable--can anyone in the Phoenix area recommend a good machine shop? If everything goes well, she'll be back running in 2-3 months.

The car has had a bit of ticking at startup lately, so I'm interested to see what the cylinders look like under all the dirt that seems to be holding everything together now. I also have to rebuild the starter and maybe I'll put a new regulator on the alternator. Have some new Bilsteins (I bought last year--or was that a year or two before?) and I'll also be replacing a whole bunch of cooling hoses, seems only appropriate for a 198k pcar. For your entertainment, I give you my 2006, C2S; under the knife(or wrench)...

OH, by the way. If anyone has any small parts for the motor they might be looking to sell but didn't want to bother with a classified, let me know and perhaps I can relieve you of your burden:)
Gary - please start a dedicated thread related to this rebuild. I have a few used parts from my 3.4 rebuild. You are welcome to any you want. There would obviously be risk with any of these parts. I do have a new chain that drives the IMS. If you don't have the internal drive style chain, then this might work for you.

Do you have the Raby DVD set? If not, I know a guy...
By linderpat
yes, let's keep this one as a dedicated thread - would love to follow the updates. Good luck with the rebuild :thumbup:
By latonnelier
[/quote]

Gary - please start a dedicated thread related to this rebuild. I have a few used parts from my 3.4 rebuild. You are welcome to any you want. There would obviously be risk with any of these parts. I do have a new chain that drives the IMS. If you don't have the internal drive style chain, then this might work for you.

Do you have the Raby DVD set? If not, I know a guy...
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, moved the thread. I do have the internal tooth kind of chain, not the duplex.
I also don't need the DVD set, I attended Jake's class, pre-covid, and have a special book;)

I may not be as prolific as your EPIC thread, but we should have some fun. I'm already down to the long block and should get things torn apart in a couple of days; I'm also remodeling our utility room at the same time. The boss says I have to make a certain amount of progress or I might wake up dead one of these days. Gotta work on her schedule, not mine:)
By ranger22
Cam actuators look good, clutch has some wear, but prob only need to add the 4.0 pressure plate. I had some RS4.0 wing end plates CNC’d from aluminum and then worked with Getty Design to made molds. Now anyone can buy a set at a reasonable price instead of the $3800 for OEM plates.
C04CB730-0796-433C-8030-E2627BAEC58B.jpeg
A2420137-5451-4350-8AEC-44995BE0D64D.jpeg
EF525359-C9A7-43A8-9AD5-0901CE1FCB2A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDeckMan liked this
By latonnelier
Last edited by latonnelier on Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ranger22
Finally got my car all buttoned up. Looks, sounds and feels a little different now…..
9B0C301B-E8F0-4A9E-992A-8CDA58933103.jpeg
B1A06A36-1F3B-4735-85A9-E56D465C07C3.jpeg
486AFBD9-31AF-4328-BDD9-AD8A5A72A5B3.jpeg
TheDeckMan, amdavid liked this
By TheDeckMan
looks great!
By linderpat
love that exhaust. I'll bet the sound is awesome.
By amdavid
Mucho better....yes, would love to hear it.
By ranger22
Thanks guys! I’ll see about making a video, but videos never seem to do the sound justice.

Is there a way to uplink a video direct to the site? Or do I need to use one of the YouTube/Vimeo places?
amdavid liked this
By TheDeckMan
Always found uploading to YouTube the easiest or Instagram for short clips.

Fired my 997tt up for the first time in months to move it around the garage, hopefully can chase down the rest of the back ordered hoses and tensioners to be able to overhaul this winter.
amdavid liked this
By Skyhawk172
Well looks like I should have left the 911 home today but it was her turn to go to work. she is my Girl Friday as my office assistance always says.

By TheDeckMan
Is that paint?
By amdavid
Yeah, those aren't pits/chips are they??
By Skyhawk172
Ash from the Caldor fire
By TheDeckMan
Skyhawk172 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:34 pm Ash from the Caldor fire

Yikes, at least that washes off!
By Skyhawk172
most of it blew off on the way home :lol2:
By ranger22
Took the wife out for a spin, her first ride. Car has no mufflers now, but she didn’t complain. She’s afraid to drive it though! 😉

She’s a keeper.
55469548-6181-4F0D-9D23-D61499A5D075.jpeg
amdavid, Louis de Funes liked this
By JRMaroon
*Double post
Last edited by JRMaroon on Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JRMaroon
Sold the prior 997 Turbo in 2016 and have missed it ever since. The last was a Tip, this is a 2008 Six Speed. A few small projects and parts ordered from Pelican to get it dialed in.
i am not a traitor liked this
By linderpat
nice. I sold my 997 a few weeks back. I think I will miss it a lot. It'll cost me dear if I do - these aren't depreciating anymore :banghead:
JRMaroon liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]