8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By milrad
I'm looking for that little rubber cover that goes over the spring on the level switch. Mine is torn, and it's not sold as a separate part. I was hoping someone may have a bad reservoir laying around and may be willing to part with that little rubber cover.

TIA
By Crumpler
I checked my parts hoard last night and didn’t have one.
How is the project otherwise?
Are you going to be at DE in October? I’m registered, not sure if I will make it yet, or if I will present NA or SC’d.
By worf
The brake fluid reservoirs for the 928 are priced like gold. Maybe the reservoir itself is unique to the 928, but the rubber cap, I bet, is used on many models of ATE reservoir from the 80s/90s. How to go about finding out? Dunno. Measure the cap or OD of the surround for the cap. Visit some forums and/or junk yards.
By milrad
Crumpler wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:57 am I checked my parts hoard last night and didn’t have one.
How is the project otherwise?
Are you going to be at DE in October? I’m registered, not sure if I will make it yet, or if I will present NA or SC’d.

It’s coming along, but slowly. Just got half a five gallon bucket of miscellaneous hardware and brackets, plus fuel rails, hard lines, and other NLA parts back from the plater. Front crossmember and just about everything else up front that bolts in and was painted black are back from the powdercoater. Still doing some cleaning but getting ready for reassembly. Heads and intake refresh are out with Roger and Sean. Have a few parts on the way from Greg. Can’t wait to put down the Xenit, toothbrushes, and q-tips and pick up the wrenches again!

I’ll be at the DE next month. I’ll be trying out a little bit different suspension set-up. Hope to see you there!
By SeanR
Heads should be done next week but I'm leaving for Frenzy this Thursday. I'll get the intake done when I get back and you can pick up all of it from here.

Just thinking out loud, but possibly the flappy cap on top of the intake will fit. I've not tried it and don't want to take one of the caps off the customers car here in case it tears.
Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Interesting, Fred. What is perhaps the most inter[…]

There were more 928s there, but I was happy to rem[…]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) simila[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]