SUVs and sedans
By dryadsdad
It's only a matter of time before our Panny battery fails. My lackadaisical research on replacing it keeps saying that after replacement, some sort of re-programming's needed. This seems to me to take a simple battery change from the realm of the owner to one of the dealer or at least a well-equipped and knowledgable indie.

Is changing a battery on this car really such a big deal?
By fpena944
dryadsdad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm It's only a matter of time before our Panny battery fails. My lackadaisical research on replacing it keeps saying that after replacement, some sort of re-programming's needed. This seems to me to take a simple battery change from the realm of the owner to one of the dealer or at least a well-equipped and knowledgable indie.

Is changing a battery on this car really such a big deal?
What year Panamera?

If it's a 2010-2016 I found this video:

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2010 ... ce_battery

Doesn't seem so bad but not sure how it is on the newer versions.

If it's anything like the Cayenne then it's a hassle but not impossible to anyone with a good set of German car tools.

On my CTT it is located under the driver's seat. Requires actually removing the seat just to get to it. Sounds scary but the only strange tool needed was the star socket wrench to remove a few bolts.

So not quite something the Autozone guys can do but not beyond the realm of what many of us consider to be DIY repairs you can do in your garage.
By dryadsdad
Thanks.

We're 2012. I looked through the videos prior to posting finding that the change required only a few Torx sockets I lack (E30 was one). What I found out by stumble after posting is that if you change to or from a GSM to or from a conventional flooded battery you need to re-program something that I surely cannot program. I think the key is to, when changing, keep the same tech battery and it'll be all right.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]