Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Appreciate the patience as the forum started looking quite foreign throughout today for those of you on the Flatboots theme (the majority of you).

I believe things should pretty much be back to normal except for a few things in the footer that I'll fix after dinner. But fingers crossed that the software is stable again. I likely will not bother with any upgrades any time in the near future if I have to go through this again!
By fpena944
Oh and for the record everyone, I'm pretty damn proud of myself for being able to find a way to get things back to normal here.

Had to brush up on my SQL, PHP, and CSS skills. So far no more errors from what I can tell. There are a couple of little things that still need fixed but I think we're almost where we need to be.

Yeah I'm patting myself on the back! :biggrin:
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:50 am Great!
Now let's discuss my website. ;)
Let's meet for lunch one of these days and discuss what you need so I can help set it up for ya!
ranger22 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:35 am Two weeks to stop the spread……
Two weeks...two years, what's the difference?!?
By 911Königin
still no luck with the avatar.....................
By fpena944
911Königin wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:48 pm still no luck with the avatar.....................
I did some testing and it appears that the resize function isn't working properly.

Limit the size of your upload to 300x300px and it should upload without a problem.
By jcnesq
Just out of curiosity, did the reworking result in any loss of posts and/or pics? I could swear I made a post, probably last December, with pics, but it seems to have disappeared.
By fpena944
jcnesq wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:42 pm Just out of curiosity, did the reworking result in any loss of posts and/or pics? I could swear I made a post, probably last December, with pics, but it seems to have disappeared.
It shouldn't have made a difference for posts themselves as the database was not affected, only the software.

Pictures however are stored a bit differently. If they were uploaded to IMGUR then it's possible they did something to them but the post would appear although with a "missing image" icon. If it was uploaded as an attachment though it should still remain because then it's on my own server.

Hope that helps!
By jcnesq
fpena944 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:17 am Oh and for the record everyone, I'm pretty damn proud of myself for being able to find a way to get things back to normal here.

Had to brush up on my SQL, PHP, and CSS skills. So far no more errors from what I can tell. There are a couple of little things that still need fixed but I think we're almost where we need to be.

Yeah I'm patting myself on the back! :biggrin:
Had to bring my own like button, and I clicked it!
By Gretch
I do miss the "copy" and "paste" function for placing pictures in posts.........

that was a slick feature........

:frown:
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:15 am I do miss the "copy" and "paste" function for placing pictures in posts.........

that was a slick feature........

:frown:
Yeah I'm trying to see if I can find another version of it as I used it a lot myself before.

That one though stopped working before the upgrade and was part of the reason I went through with the change - hoping it would start working again. But after more research I discovered the original publisher disappeared and it hasn't been updated in years. So something in the browsers changed and that caused it to break.
By Scott at Team Harco
fpena944 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:25 am
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 am Image
Oh yeah I do remember we had to make that change. Let me see if I can pull that piece of code from my backup!
I might be the only one affected by this, since my screen name is so long.

But scrolling through the thread to get to my last post is kind of annoying.

Don't go out of your way just for me. :beerchug:
By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:30 pm
fpena944 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:25 am
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 am Image
Oh yeah I do remember we had to make that change. Let me see if I can pull that piece of code from my backup!
I might be the only one affected by this, since my screen name is so long.

But scrolling through the thread to get to my last post is kind of annoying.

Don't go out of your way just for me. :beerchug:
My fault as I was going to look for the old code and never got around to it. I'll put it on my list for tomorrow!
Abandoned Sharks in Cali Desert

Cool story just popped up on my news feed this mor[…]

We have a friend that is considering the MC20, as […]

Wooohooo https://i.gyazo.com/e1a624f35792428a69dd[…]

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60898300/2025-p[…]