Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By hernanca
Before this special day* ends, I wanted to be sure I shared the work I have started on my gauge cluster mod. I have @maddog2020 to thank for the materials used. Here's the progress thus far. Can anyone guess where this is headed?

(* @worf 's favorite day of the year!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
:popcorn:
By hernanca
:evilgrin: :roflmao:
(it's not finished yet - that's all I can reveal at this point!)

(Edit: Well, OK, a wee bit more progress showing a big hint - see pic, below!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By hernanca
Now we're getting somewhere!
By Gary Knox
Dual tachometers for the two engines on your boat!!
hernanca liked this
By hernanca
Well, I should come clean on these shenanigans to close the loop... :burnout:

Dual motors was indeed the primrose path I was trying to persuade. :biggrin:

Actual backstory: I bought two complete 85-86 gauge clusters from BC when he was clearing out his parts stash because a) I want to experiment with some gauge cluster modifications and b) it was a screamin' deal! Then Eplebnista asked later on BC's thread if they were still available. So I reached out and asked what he needed from them which turned out to be the tachometers. My auto does not need the 5 speed tachs (and I have no evil plans for them, though it did make me think for a minute about a stealth auto setup), so we made a good deal and the pictures document how I protected the gauges for shipping since they would be out of their cluster!

I ended up having to cut up the mounting plastic to best position the mounting holes, but I plan to scan that pattern and post it here (for all the gauges in the 85-86 cluster) so no one else has to do that!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :beerchug:
checkmate1996 liked this

If someone cancels at Best Western please PM me

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Had my D90s powder coated black, don’t have […]

Moderators can unsticky this thread now. Thank you[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks gentlemen