Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By linderpat
Hi Sterling - I happened to be going through some old threads on TOS, and was looking at the 2008 SITM thread - that was the only time I attended. There are pictures of you there, with Roger and the rest of the TX crew, but no pictures of your car. lol. So I did see you there after all (and I'm not crazy, at least yet), but I must be dreaming about seeing your car there. :beerchug:

Here's the link: https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/4 ... stuff.html.

Lots of good pics. I see you too Worf. We were all a bit younger :hiding:
By worf
I’m not sure what plot is thickening.

I remember very little from SITM 2008 as I was busy with the SC install and locked away in D.R./Jeannie’s shop.

I am… curious … as to why the 928 Owners club deleted Ernest’s pictures from the OC site.

It’s very interesting to see how … selective … is the OC with the event photos it deigns to post.
By maddog2020
linderpat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 am Hi Sterling - I happened to be going through some old threads on TOS, and was looking at the 2008 SITM thread - that was the only time I attended. There are pictures of you there, with Roger and the rest of the TX crew, but no pictures of your car. lol. So I did see you there after all (and I'm not crazy, at least yet), but I must be dreaming about seeing your car there. :beerchug:

Yes I was there for 2008, as I rode with John Curry and Roger. 2009 I drive my 928 and that was the only year my car has been there.
By Gary Knox
Yep, I remember 2008 SITM as well. Remember the TX crew had some difficulties on the way - but the teamwork allowed all to participate in the event. All SITM's I attended were outstanding events, and so glad that David and Jeannie made it possible for so many of us to meet one another. Thanks Jeannie.
Gary
By linderpat
maddog2020 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:34 am
linderpat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 am Hi Sterling - I happened to be going through some old threads on TOS, and was looking at the 2008 SITM thread - that was the only time I attended. There are pictures of you there, with Roger and the rest of the TX crew, but no pictures of your car. lol. So I did see you there after all (and I'm not crazy, at least yet), but I must be dreaming about seeing your car there. :beerchug:

Yes I was there for 2008, as I rode with John Curry and Roger. 2009 I drive my 928 and that was the only year my car has been there.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll put it to bed. Can't wait to see your car in the wild at some point in the future!
By linderpat
worf wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:14 am I’m not sure what plot is thickening.

I remember very little from SITM 2008 as I was busy with the SC install and locked away in D.R./Jeannie’s shop.

I am… curious … as to why the 928 Owners club deleted Ernest’s pictures from the OC site.

It’s very interesting to see how … selective … is the OC with the event photos it deigns to post.
Hmm, not sure why. Likely a band width issue? Sme reason rennlist lets some pictures expire from old threads? I'm not really sure how all of that stuff works.
By hernanca
linderpat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:36 pm
worf wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:14 am I’m not sure what plot is thickening.

Hmm, not sure why. Likely a band width issue? Sme reason rennlist lets some pictures expire from old threads? I'm not really sure how all of that stuff works.
It's just voodoo and magic, plus a little man surrounded by green smoke behind a curtain in some dreamland just outside of Kansas. Nothing to be concerned with.

To also reminisce a bit, before I ever purchased my first 928 (July 1999) I attended a Frenzy or two, and a Sharktoberfest. Then after purchase, continued going to Frenzies, SITHarbor (Kennesaw, GA) and SITM's, and a few OCIC's. Sharktoberfest/California is a bit far from Florida. Then life started getting in the way for a bit. Finally starting to get back into it now, but the 928 is getting a bunch done to it so 2x so far it has not been drivable for an event. I need to get better at timing the work! Another challenge is that we joined another cult... er, I mean "club" for our RV and it's annual national rally (in Elkhart, Indiana) is also the first week in June which competes with SITM :banghead: Ah, well, First World problems. :burnout:

Speaking of conspiracies (per thread topic), did you know that interdimensional creatures are starting to cross over from the 8th Dimension due to incursions enabled by oscillation overthruster developments? (name that film!).
linderpat liked this
By worf
linderpat wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:28 am The new Ghostbusters movie?
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
By worf
First IOC brings back fond memories.

Carlos? Right?

Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]