Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Mid-engine cars
By N_Jay
Registration Days Posts
I am heading close to 100k, and need to drive to FL in March.

I decided that doing the serpentine belt would be a good idea since I don't have a good record of the maintenance history.

I have heard that the water pump is a regular maintenance item. 60k miles or so.

Guessing that I should do that at the same time.

Anything else??
Thermostat?
AOS?
By fpena944
Registration Days Posts
N_Jay wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 pm I am heading close to 100k, and need to drive to FL in March.

I decided that doing the serpentine belt would be a good idea since I don't have a good record of the maintenance history.

I have heard that the water pump is a regular maintenance item. 60k miles or so.

Guessing that I should do that at the same time.

Anything else??
Thermostat?
AOS?
If you're doing the water pump then then the thermostat is a "while you're in there" repair.

Might want to consider plugs and coils. The AOS should be ok if you haven't seen any smoke symptoms. I did mine on my 996 long after passing 100k miles. Oh check your battery too and make sure it's not expiring soon.
By N_Jay
Registration Days Posts
Did the plugs at 80k
Didn't do coils, but will with the next set of plugs.
I get no smoke at all.
Probably can use a new battery by age, but so far has been fine through the winter.
I know batteries like to die suddenly these days.

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) similar […]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Those wheels are Pirelli P Slots, OEM on certain 8[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!