Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By mussberger
New Q2 with pretty basic amenities. Technically I just funded it cause I can't own a vehicle in Portugal yet. New cars are in very short supply there unless you want a battery powered car. Sound familiar?
TheDeckMan, fast_freddy liked this
By i am not a traitor
mussberger wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:15 pm New Q2 with pretty basic amenities. Technically I just funded it cause I can't own a vehicle in Portugal yet. New cars are in very short supply there unless you want a battery powered car. Sound familiar?
Wait, you moved to Portugal? How did I miss this or am I just not remembering? Weren't you living in Jersey???

Car looks great!
By lupo.sk
Make an LLC, buy car without VAT.
Ez.
By ny991
Nice, you’ll be hooked. I bought my first in 2004 and I’m still buying them.
By mussberger
i am not a traitor wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:56 pm
mussberger wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:15 pm New Q2 with pretty basic amenities. Technically I just funded it cause I can't own a vehicle in Portugal yet. New cars are in very short supply there unless you want a battery powered car. Sound familiar?
Wait, you moved to Portugal? How did I miss this or am I just not remembering? Weren't you living in Jersey???

Car looks great!
Yeah still in Jersey for the most part but the future may be somewhere else or combination of Jersey,Florida and Portugal. Liking PT a lot though so it might be a large part of the equation.
i am not a traitor liked this
By mussberger
lupo.sk wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:33 pm Make an LLC, buy car without VAT.
Ez.
I'll run this by my Accountant but I'm not sure how an LLC would help my situation with VAT. Thanks for the idea though!
By lupo.sk
mussberger wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:10 pm
Ez.
I'll run this by my Accountant but I'm not sure how an LLC would help my situation with VAT. Thanks for the idea though!
Dude, how many european LLCs do you need? I have mutiple as I use SPVs for every bigger investment.

With an LLC you registered for VAT in yerp, you van buy cars and everything without VAT (savings of 17-25%). Even as a US citizen, you can still be the shareholder and all you might need (depending on the country) is a manager, there are a fuckton of nominee services that you can find with local laywers.

The you just buy the car in the name of the LLC and voila - save on VAT, write it off etc.
By mussberger
lupo.sk wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:18 pm
mussberger wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:10 pm
Ez.
Dude, how many european LLCs do you need? I have mutiple as I use SPVs for every bigger investment.

With an LLC you registered for VAT in yerp, you van buy cars and everything without VAT (savings of 17-25%). Even as a US citizen, you can still be the shareholder and all you might need (depending on the country) is a manager, there are a fuckton of nominee services that you can find with local laywers.

The you just buy the car in the name of the LLC and voila - save on VAT, write it off etc.
I'm going to contact the law firm in PT that I used when I bought the flat in Costa Nova. Despite all the yerp union stuff they seem to have their own nuances in PT. Need to contact then anyway about the requires of the D7 visa which can provide a path to citizenship.

Thanks Lupo!
By Fox_
Had Q5 from early 2018 through end of 2023.

Falls into same category as the Land Rover I had. I loved it and I'll never own another one.
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]