Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Watercooled 911s
By N_Jay
I have a friend looking for his first Porsche.

Looking for insight on this opportunity.
By worf
What are you looking for in terms of insight?

IMO, for a modern Porsche (997/987/991/981/718) the two most important things to decide upon are:

- Manual vs. PDK.
- Seats: Sport Seats (SS) (2/4-way manual, 14-way electric), Sport Seats Plus (SSP) (2/4-way, 18-way), and fixed buckets.

The first is obvious.

For the second, FBS were not an option (IIRC) on a base 991. That leaves the two typical seat *architectures* SS and SSP.

Based upon my reading, about 25% of people can’t stand SS, about 25% can’t stand SSP, and 50% don’t GAF.

It’s important to decide in which group one resides.
By N_Jay
Is there a sport and sport Plus models like the pdk Caymans or was the 991.2 have all that?
By worf
N_Jay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:41 pm Is there a sport and sport Plus models like the pdk Caymans or was the 991.2 have all that?
The option you seek is called Sport Chrono (SC.) In terms of non-GT cars (not GT-3/4 [RS], Spyder [RS]) it:

- is standard on GTS.
- optional on Base and S.
- standard on 991.2 Turbo/S, Standard on 991.1 Turbo S, Optional on 991.1 Turbo
- for all 991 Turbo/S adds “overboost” for 20 more ft-lbs in mid-range.
- adds clock “wart” on top-middle of dash (easiest way to recognize if a Porsche has SC.)
- adds Sport+ button to center console (for 991.1/981.)
- adds Sport Mode for PSM
- adds active magnetorheological drivetrain mounts (PADM.)
- for PDK, adds Launch Control
- for 991.2 and 718 adds mode switch dial to steering wheel (with selections for Normal, Sport, Sport+, Individual.)
- for 991.2 and 718 PDK-only adds “sport response” button to mode selector which (more-or-less) provides 20 seconds of Sport+ and then reverts to previous selection.

And probably one or two other trivial-ish things I’ve forgotten about.
By N_Jay
He bought it.

Guess I get a ride when I am in Austin next month.

I still remember giving him a ride in my 914 when the big engine (2.4) was fresh.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:59 pm He bought it.

Guess I get a ride when I am in Austin next month.

I still remember giving him a ride in my 914 when the big engine (2.4) was fresh.
That's the way to do it, just jump right on it!
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]