Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By jacke2c
I think I have about the same sentiments about Jaguar's as Richard Pryor did in the Movie "Silver Streak" ... see the time stamp about 35-38 seconds in....

By fpena944
So glad you filled the empty garage space :biggrin:

Looks good, can't wait to hear more about driving impressions when the weather improves!
David993S liked this
By ranger22
Car looks great! I hope it serves you well for many years to come!
David993S liked this
By David993S
NSXguy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:10 am Yes, that car looks nice and clean :thumbup:
Yes, it is, even underneath. The suspension, chassis, and everything are amazingly clean. No rust or corrosion anywhere. Not even any curb rash on the wheels. It had one tiny rock chip on the nose, but I've already fixed that, and you can't even tell.
Last edited by David993S on Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By David993S
fpena944 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:07 am So glad you filled the empty garage space :biggrin:

Looks good, can't wait to hear more about driving impressions when the weather improves!
Yes, unfortunately it will stay in the garage until Spring. Then I get the hand control installed and then I can start driving it. Since I've only ridden in it with Diane driving, it seems to be very similar to my SL550 in ride and performance. Certainly, it's not a screamer like my 360, but a very nice GT cruiser, which is what I wanted.
I was lucky to find one in such great condition as I specifically looked for an '09 XK in black. That was the last year for the 4.2 as in '10 they went to the 5.0 which is known to have some potentially expensive problem areas. The 4.2 is bullet-proof.
Also didn't want the XKR with the supercharger as I just didn't want the additional maintenance associated with a supercharger, and frankly, I don't need the extra hp. It's no DB9, but for a daily driver and road trip car, I think this will do just fine.
By fast_freddy
@David993S Dats purdy. It looks like the love child of a 993S and an AM DB9. A great blend of mixing masculine and feminine elements. Me likey!
David993S liked this
By 911Königin
D@mn, you have good taste, my friend! Super Sexy :eyepop: Everything I've been looking for :rockon: So sad it is already taken ~ apparently I need to look elsewhere!
David993S liked this
By David993S
911Königin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:01 pm D@mn, you have good taste, my friend! Super Sexy :eyepop: Everything I've been looking for :rockon: So sad it is already taken ~ apparently I need to look elsewhere!
Keep looking.......there are quite a few for sale. Just finding exactly the right one is the trick. This one was the "right one" for me.
911Königin liked this
By Crisis
Beautiful car! I’ve always liked these and think they’re a really good value at this stage in their lives.
David993S liked this
By 911Königin
David993S wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:22 pm
911Königin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:01 pm D@mn, you have good taste, my friend! Super Sexy :eyepop: Everything I've been looking for :rockon: So sad it is already taken ~ apparently I need to look elsewhere!
Keep looking.......there are quite a few for sale. Just finding exactly the right one is the trick. This one was the "right one" for me.
Thanks :thumbup: Don't need to look anymore ~ have found the perfect one. But, the whole thing has been so fickle that I have no idea whether or not it will ever happen :bigcry:
By Chaos
Had same car, best road tripper! Back seat useless. People always tell you your second back up light is out. There’s only one. Air filter pi’s as it’s behind the drivers side fender liner. I’d definitely buy another one! Congratulations
David993S liked this
By David993S
Chaos wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:54 am Had same car, best road tripper! Back seat useless. People always tell you your second back up light is out. There’s only one. Air filter pi’s as it’s behind the drivers side fender liner. I’d definitely buy another one! Congratulations
Agreed, and thanks. I'm sure I'll get the backup light comment sooner or later. In fact, when we first went to see the car, I made the same comment not knowing about it. Right side is back up light, left is fog light. Jag changed this beginning with the 2010 model as they too probably realized it was as stupid feature. I just had a full service done (by my Porsche mechanic - The Garaj in Dayton, OH) including air filter, and he commented on what a PITA it is to change something as simple as an engine air filter. Not difficult......just a design that makes one say, "what were they thinking?".
But it is a beautiful car and I think I'll enjoy it. Getting hand controls installed next week.......just couldn't wait until Spring.
Last edited by David993S on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
By David993S
911Königin wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:03 pm
David993S wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:22 pm
Thanks :thumbup: Don't need to look anymore ~ have found the perfect one. But, the whole thing has been so fickle that I have no idea whether or not it will ever happen :bigcry:
Hey Karen - what did you buy/find?
By 911Königin
Yes David, I have found the perfect one for me ~ but I believe there is zero desire to change, so I may be looking elsewhere VERY soon :bigcry:
By David993S
FINALLY ! After a little over two months, my hand controls are installed, and I got to drive the XK for the first time Monday.
Put about 140 miles on it. It drove like I expected from my ride-a-long's with the wife driving. It's silky smooth with sufficient hp for just cruising / road-tripping. Reminds me a lot of my SL550 but the SL somehow feels a little sportier - maybe my imagination since it's a retractable top. That's good in one way, and perhaps not good in another. Good if you want a smooth, reasonably firm ride and enough power in a fairly big car. The brakes are outstanding. Not good if you want to be blown away with "sports car" performance. But the "good" aspect was what I was going for with this GT car.
Drove it in both automatic and "manual" mode (using the paddle shifters) and frankly I found it just as enjoyable in automatic as in manual. If I want sports car performance, I'll drive the 360 or the 993S. It's plenty responsive in automatic mode - doesn't shift to soon and get bogged down.
I think I made a good choice to add to the stable, and I plan on driving it a lot.
Cheers.
By fpena944
David993S wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:33 pm FINALLY ! After a little over two months, my hand controls are installed, and I got to drive the XK for the first time Monday.
Put about 140 miles on it. It drove like I expected from my ride-a-long's with the wife driving. It's silky smooth with sufficient hp for just cruising / road-tripping. Reminds me a lot of my SL550 but the SL somehow feels a little sportier - maybe my imagination since it's a retractable top. That's good in one way, and perhaps not good in another. Good if you want a smooth, reasonably firm ride and enough power in a fairly big car. The brakes are outstanding. Not good if you want to be blown away with "sports car" performance. But the "good" aspect was what I was going for with this GT car.
Drove it in both automatic and "manual" mode (using the paddle shifters) and frankly I found it just as enjoyable in automatic as in manual. If I want sports car performance, I'll drive the 360 or the 993S. It's plenty responsive in automatic mode - doesn't shift to soon and get bogged down.
I think I made a good choice to add to the stable, and I plan on driving it a lot.
Cheers.
So glad to see you made the right choice!

Hold on to that one as look at the plans Jag now has with their lineup going forward. Not sure how much longer they'll be around with an all-EV lineup:

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/03/jagua ... in-on-evs/
Text Snippet

Jaguar is taking a different approach in its plan of producing nothing but battery-electric vehicles. Whereas most other brands are slowly making the transition over the coming years if not decade, Jaguar has confirmed it will cease production of its gas-powered models before introducing a new lineup comprised exclusively of BEVs.

The British marque has been preparing for its EV transition over the past three years. In the U.S., its current lineup includes the XF, E-Pace, F-Pace, F-Type, and I-Pace. According to a recent interview with Road & Track, Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO of Jaguar Land Rover North America, revealed that the company intends to cease production of its current models before transitioning to an all-electric lineup.

“The majority of our products cease production in June, but they will be on sale for a much longer time,” said Eberhardt.

Jaguar To Kill All Gas Cars In June To Embrace EVs

“We will have a production schedule that enables us to have a continuous supply of vehicles until the new cars come… We’re trying to time it so we have enough volume to take us through to the launch of the new product and have a clean handover,” he added. “Whether it will be as perfectly planned as that, we’ll see – maybe we’ll sell out more quickly, or maybe it will take a little longer to sell through the current inventory. But the plan is to sunset the current product portfolio and then launch the new ones.”

As it moves to an all-EV line-up, Jaguar acknowledges that it will sell fewer vehicles than it has in the past. In 2017, it sold almost 180,000 cars and SUVs globally but that figure may hover around the 50,000 mark when its first three new-age EVs hit the market.

These three models will be underpinned by the Jaguar Electric Architecture (JEA) and start with a four-seat GT set to be unveiled this year before hitting the market in 2025. This new model will be the most powerful Jaguar ever and have a range of up to 430 miles (692 km). The second JEA-based EV will arrive in late 2025 while the third will debut in 2026.
By AKSteve
Well that scratches Jaguar off the list of cars I'd like to maybe own. I like the current F-type, but I've never had a chance to see one in person or sit in one. There aren't a lot of really powerful 2 door coupes/convertibles available with AWD and it's sad to see this one go. I have no interest in an electric version of that car.
David993S liked this
By fast_freddy
My wife spotted an XK this weekend and said, "I think I'd rather have that than the CL63". Rut roh, here we go....
jacke2c, milrad liked this
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]