Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Watercooled 911s
By Skyhawk172
Registration Days Posts Custom
So our local Porsche dealer had a Cars and Coffee event last weekend and a chance to drive the new Macan. Not really a good test drive but one none the less, While making small talk with the sales person I mentioned I had a 09 997tt and he said Porsche has come out with a new PMC with apple car play associated with it. I'm thinking that sounds interesting @ 1700.00
but I really don't drive it that far. What's the 997.2 crowd think about this.
By fpena944
Registration Days Posts
Skyhawk172 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:48 pm So our local Porsche dealer had a Cars and Coffee event last weekend and a chance to drive the new Macan. Not really a good test drive but one none the less, While making small talk with the sales person I mentioned I had a 09 997tt and he said Porsche has come out with a new PMC with apple car play associated with it. I'm thinking that sounds interesting @ 1700.00
but I really don't drive it that far. What's the 997.2 crowd think about this.
It seems Porsche has found a golden opportunity by releasing updated technology for the older cars. I know there is now an option to do the same for my 996s as well.

It certainly is tempting to enable more modern functionality on a classic vehicle. Yeah the price is high but if you want it nicely integrated and not fitting into the Porsche aesthetic, then it probably is worth the investment.
By TheDeckMan
Having Wayze/apple car play is nice. I have been toying with the idea as well for my 997tt once finishing up the turbo/engine work as it will get a lot of miles and having modern nav without having to rig up the phone is pretty nice. When I got my Tundra it came with Apple Car Play, at first I missed old CD's but it is one of those things that really is nice when driving a lot.
By Skyhawk172
I need to research the car play again had it for a short while in my Boxster when I put an aftermarket head in.
Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Congrats to Lando. RB's not working too well in Mi[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]

Rear Brake line Seized

Now I will need to pass the new right line over […]