Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Addlight
During routine maintenance today I puled my passenger-side fender liner to check on the Y-connector to the charcoal canister. It had broken, as they are notorious for doing. So, I have another on order.

I know there is a metal replacement available, but has anyone had any success reinforcing the plastic one? Any reasons not to scuff it with 80-grit and apply a thick layer of plastic epoxy over the center area where it is likely to break?

Will this help? I can't see how it would do any harm, even if it does no good. Or, has anyone found an effective way to keep this Y from breaking?

Matt
By worf
Addlight wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:37 pm Or, has anyone found an effective way to keep this Y from breaking?
Yes. Get the metal one.

I made several batches of 100 per batch, first back in 1999 and sold them on what would become Rennlist. I got out of that “business” in 2006.

Roger makes them now.
By SeanR
Metal one will last you for the rest of the life of your car. I forgot Roger had a source for them, you'd think since we are in the same building that I'd know these things. Sigh.
By potdog
I make them and supply Roger can send them for $35.
JBT3 liked this
87-95 door air vents

agreed. Other than where the slider is, no differe[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Modern 'take' on D90s or just fugly? https://i.[…]

Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

Thansks

That sucks Here in N Fla the Brodozers take them […]