Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By fpena944
Out of curiosity I looked up my old 944 that I traded in back in 2009 to see who might have ownership of it now. But when I ran the Carfax the last record it showed was the dealer putting it up for auction.

So what does this all mean? Was the car transferred out of the country? Sold for parts? I'm really curious now if someone else is still enjoying the car that introduced me to Porsche ownership.
By XR4Tim
Could be any of those things, out it could be sitting in someone's garage not getting used. A couple of my cars have Carfax reports like that because they just never do anything that would get reported to Carfax.
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:48 pm Could be any of those things, out it could be sitting in someone's garage not getting used. A couple of my cars have Carfax reports like that because they just never do anything that would get reported to Carfax.
But that would mean someone purchases it and never registers? Is there a such thing as an international Carfax? Just curious if it ended up leaving the country.
By XR4Tim
Not every state reported to Carfax back then, and some states have permanent registrations, so it's possible someone has had it on a permanent registration since then.
There's no international CarFax, but other countries do have their own ways of looking up vehicle records. You could check VinWiki to see if anyone's posted it there, because there are a lot of international users.
fpena944 liked this
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:21 am @fpena944 having 944 dreams.... :biggrin:
I do miss my car and wish I would have kept it! Look at this rare beauty (oops I should have blacked out the license frame :biggrin: ):

amdavid, XR4Tim, Wade B liked this
By NSXguy
I can imagine an owner getting Historic plates like we did for our 944, which in MI only renew every ten years....so barring any other re-portables possibly going off the radar for a decade.

Nice looking S2 Cab, BTW!
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]