Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By lupo.sk
Install a standalone EBC with a set of APR R1 valves.

I have a greddy profec EBC and dual APR R1s on my modded 955 TTS, it’s really really good at keeping the boost curve flat AF
Crumpler liked this
By worf
Roger, Roger!
By Crumpler
Now.
Let’s pontificate on the experiment results.

With one supercharger the car was in the 5-7 pound boost range.
With two superchargers in parallel the car is in the 5-7 pound boost range.

My only theory is that I have increased air flow but not compression, because it’s the same unit with the same specs on each side of the engine.

To increase compression I would have to put them in series, again guessing.

There does seem to be an increase in the boost curve after 5000 rpm now which was not there before. The original goal was to get another 20 mph faster punch in forth gear for the straight away. Hopefully have accomplished that at least.
XR4Tim liked this
By hernanca
Reminds me of a discussion I had over the weekend with the guy troubleshooting the electrical for our RV. Electricity is mostly foreign to me, and RV's are extra fun because they can have multiple sources (shore/main power, 12v battery(ies), and solar) playing in the same sandbox. He said if they all provide the same voltage (14.something volts with no more than 1 volt difference and probably needs to be much closer than that) then the voltage is said to "float", where none of the power supplying systems is causing a problem to any of the other power supplying system. I found that interesting. Be glad it is not RV electrical you are wrestling with!

(Note the brass/copper vertical strip on the 5 minibreakers (and two below it) starting in the top right. Everything connected to those strips can be providing power!)
By Crumpler
Well I’m out of fiddle time for the car. Track event next week. The headlight delete looks ok at 10 feet ;)

Interesting to me, now that I’ve researched twin blower data (loose term because it’s all random forum stuff) and why research before you do something right?
Parallel blowers into same plenum get you same boost as a rule. Advantages are boost faster, less heat. Definitely more airflow, probably more HP, but the how much gets murky pretty quickly based on system.
If I had time I would dyno, or try the system in a serial configuration, or buy the bigger SC with the 12 rib set up that BC wants me take off his hands :)
By Crumpler
DE event this week.
Same car, bottom line.
Ran hotter but I was pushing her harder.
I guess I will look at reconfiguring the blowers in serial now, and complete the arc of insanity.

After that I may have to admit she is a fourty year old car:(

I’m still amazed at the money showing up for these events. Multiple Ferrari’s, GT3 RS, etc.
I was most impressed with the new corvettes.
They now corner as well as they dominate the straight.
By worf
Crumpler wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:24 am I’m still amazed at the money showing up for these events. Multiple Ferrari’s, GT3 RS, etc.
Yeah. One reason I stopped doing DEs at Lime Rock (and indeed at any track 1/2-day from NYC bedrooms)…

… some folks would show up with a trailer and a crew for DE.

And then never give a pass by.
By Crumpler
I’m frankly not a good enough driver to complain, but they put an 75 year old woman in my intermediate group.
I was thinking, ok don’t judge, she’s probably done ringer.
Nope. Erratic and slow, no point by’s. Bad to the point of a danger. No awareness of anything going on around her.
Left her turn signal on for a 20 min session.
Then pulls into my garage bay by mistake and they have to help her get out of the car.
I was pissed.
And she had a fucking instructor with her. What was he doing?
By Crumpler
Sequencing the blowers was the key apparently.
First test drive it was obvious. The boost was 8.5 pounds by 3500 rpm. I need to remap the VE and ignition tables before I drive it again.

Obviously one P-1sc was not giving me the output that it should have on paper. Factory specs and pulley math, it should have. I don’t know.

Air temps don’t seem terrible. But i technically don’t have an intercooler in the circuit:(
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]