Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By Scott at Team Harco
Spoilers below:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... R0oSm.html

The stewards were a bit too active today, in my opinion. Most of the infractions handed out looked, to me, to be racin' deals. I don't think Perez was hurt by his penalty, he'd already done that to himself. Lando's penalty may have cost him second place.

Would have been nice to see Russell/ Williams get that first point on the season. Hopefully, he can get a few before the end of the year. Both McLaren and Ferrari are tight with each other. Good to see close competition behind the top two teams. I find it especially refreshing to see a shake-up continuing. Hammy is on the backfoot, and not optimistic for the next few rounds.
By David993S
I agree Scott. I think both penalties were unwarranted, and just racing incidents. Regardless, a good race. Max and the Red Bull are looking stronger with each outing. I hope it continues.
By Multi21
yea, the stewards were calling it very closely today.. a little too closely IMO, but there were instances where they could have left the other driver a little more space to go side by side like Russell and Alonso did.

Very impressive defense from George against Fernando. He's going to be a very good driver for Mercedes if he has a chance in that car and predict he will give Lewis all he can handle if he's allowed to race him. The biggest travesty would be if Mercedes keeps Bottas in the 2nd seat for 2022... If that happens Russell needs to go to McLaren - they're on the way up!
By Scott at Team Harco
That would be an interesting line-up - Norris and Russell on the same team. Where does that leave Danny Ric? He seems to be struggling with coming to grips in the McLaren. I think he is still too good to be without a seat in F1, but he does need to up his game.
By SeanR
Spent the day on the golf course yesterday and it was had to avoid seeing the results but I managed it.

I have to say, this has been the best season in many, many years. For this race I agree with the above on the penalties but it worked out for Norris who is really damn impressive. Perez got his comeuppance x2 and since I've never really been a fan of his, I was happy with it. The race with the McLaren and Ferrari's was fun to watch and the race with Russel was fantastic, wish he would have been able to hold off Alonso. After race interviews are going to be fun to watch.
By JustBud
2022 car intro...... pretty slick looking, let's hope it promotes closer racing.
Huge side panels on the front wing and the nose looks raised a bit with a droop to the front wing.
Back end looks great.

By SeanR
Been watching a bunch of that today and I think the car looks great. They’ve not gone in to much detail on how teams can tweak things so it is going to be an interesting first year on this car.

Anyone have bets on how Silverstone goes this weekend? I think Hammy will come back if the sprint race goes his way. I am looking forward to seeing how this new format goes.
By Multi21
Looking forward to the sprint race format to see if it brings some sort of excitement.

With regard to how it will go at Silverstone, I have to believe Mercedes will bounce back after a subpar performance in Austria. The fast sweeping corners definitely suit the Merc as well. Hammy hasn't won a race in 5 straight weekends now equaling the dry spell he had in 2016 when he didn't win the championship. All that being said, if Max or Perez get out in front watch out! The Merc doesn't like to follow in dirty air and those long corners will create aero wash.
By Multi21
FRIDAY: the fact that Russell beat Sainz in a Ferrari straight up is impressive. There are some drivers who just do more with less... Russell is one of those. Wait 'till he gets into the Merc that he actually fits into... he's going to fly!

Max continues to impress as compared to his teammates. Perez just hasn't gotten to grips with the car just yet.

SATURDAY: I liked the Sprint qualifying format after the first try. If Lewis gets head of Max tomorrow it'll be hard for Max to pass with Lewis' straight line speed and Max is going to have to do it all by himself against both Mercs as Perez made another unforced error and will start dead last.

Mercedes again sacrificed Bottas qualifying to help Lewis by putting him on soft tires and hoping he would jump Max at the start and let Lewis go off into the distance by blocking Max until VB's tires burned off. Didn't work out this time.

Alonso is still a beast...
By SeanR
Multi21 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:25 pm FRIDAY: the fact that Russell beat Sainz in a Ferrari straight up is impressive. There are some drivers who just do more with less... Russell is one of those. Wait 'till he gets into the Merc that he actually fits into... he's going to fly!

Max continues to impress as compared to his teammates. Perez just hasn't gotten to grips with the car just yet.

SATURDAY: I liked the Sprint qualifying format after the first try. If Lewis gets head of Max tomorrow it'll be hard for Max to pass with Lewis' straight line speed and Max is going to have to do it all by himself against both Mercs as Perez made another unforced error and will start dead last.

Mercedes again sacrificed Bottas qualifying to help Lewis by putting him on soft tires and hoping he would jump Max at the start and let Lewis go off into the distance by blocking Max until VB's tires burned off. Didn't work out this time.

Alonso is still a beast...
Just finished watching todays activities and you put it all great, nothing more to add. Tomorrow is going to be interesting and I think we need to do this sort of weekend a few times before I pass judgement.
Multi21 liked this
By Spanky
Wake up, wake up . Its Silverstone race start time. :order: :burnout: :burnout:
By David993S
I'll spoil a little........Thank goodness Max walked away from that accident. No secret I'm not a Hamilton fan so I'll try to put my bias aside. Having raced Formula Ford, Formula Continental and Formula Atlantic for many years and having been involved in a few wheel banging incidents, I think Hamilton was at fault and being way too desperate to pass Max. He had 3 or 4 ft of track at the apex and his left front hit Max's right rear......pretty clear IMHO. The Stewards seem to agree.
Last edited by David993S on Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SeanR
I'm so tired of Hamilton.

Besides lap one the race was fun to watch and had high hopes for Norris to win, but that pit stop and the hard tire performance was lacking for the orange cars. I really thought Charles was going to have an power unit failure early but they held out until the end and P2 is pretty good for them. Overall disappointed in the ending but that's my personal bias there.
By Spanky
Damm : Ferrari is gifted a 14 sec lead, a perfect drive by their driver with a clean track in front of them, LH front tires are blistered and 2 laps older than the Ferrari's and they still lose the race. How can this car be so slow??? :cussing:
By Multi21
David993S wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:02 am I'll spoil a little........Thank goodness Max walked away from that accident. No secret I'm not a Hamilton fan so I'll try to put my bias aside. Having raced Formula Ford, Formula Continental and Formula Atlantic for many years and having been involved in a few wheel banging incidents, I think Hamilton was at fault and being way too desperate to pass Max. He had 3 or 4 ft of track at the apex and his left front hit Max's right rear......pretty clear IMHO. The Stewards seem to agree.
My thoughts exactly. First, I'm happy to see there was not a death or serious injury today as going into a corner at 180 MPH and having a 51G impact is quite serious. Lewis Hamilton has been called many things, but "a dirty racer" was never one of them....... until today. He could find the apex when he passed LeClerc at Copse, but couldn't find it when racing the championship leader at Copse. The decision provided by the race stewards was accurate, but the punishment didn't fit the crime as 10 seconds is virtually meaningless when compared to the fact that a red flag session allowed the culprit to fix damage with no consequences to his actions.

Any update on Max? Last I read he was in the hospital awaiting MRI. Concussion or not?
SeanR liked this
By David993S
Max is out of the hospital, and made this statement:

Someone on FChat posted this opinion. I can't disagree:

I’ve been watching F1 for over 45 years. I fully admit I do not like Lewis Hamilton because of his behavior. This critique is in spite of my dislike. When you send your fellow competitor to the hospital and put him into a potentially fatal accident, you DO NOT celebrate on the podium like you just won your first race. You DO NOT run around the circuit waving flags, and accepting adulation from your adoring fans, home race or not. You should give a monotone post race interview and say while I’m very happy to have won, my main concern is for my fellow drivers well being, and I will celebrate after I know he is 100% ok, and we’ve had a chance to talk through the incident. There was certainly a way to thank the fans and accept the trophy with a lot more class, especially from a driver who should know better. It solidifies my already held belief that the guy is a class A jerk, that cares only about himself and his precious image.
By JustBud
Wow....

By Multi21
David993S wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:45 pm Max is out of the hospital, and made this statement:

Someone on FChat posted this opinion. I can't disagree:

I’ve been watching F1 for over 45 years. I fully admit I do not like Lewis Hamilton because of his behavior. This critique is in spite of my dislike. When you send your fellow competitor to the hospital and put him into a potentially fatal accident, you DO NOT celebrate on the podium like you just won your first race. You DO NOT run around the circuit waving flags, and accepting adulation from your adoring fans, home race or not. You should give a monotone post race interview and say while I’m very happy to have won, my main concern is for my fellow drivers well being, and I will celebrate after I know he is 100% ok, and we’ve had a chance to talk through the incident. There was certainly a way to thank the fans and accept the trophy with a lot more class, especially from a driver who should know better. It solidifies my already held belief that the guy is a class A jerk, that cares only about himself and his precious image.
Glad he's ok and that there's 2 weeks before the next race weekend as I'm sure he'll be quite sore after that hit. The statement above is something we've all known for a while about LH. A man with uncanny natural talent, but not a real good human being. And the video posted by JustBud of the impact shows how the car didn't really lose much speed because of the gravel vs. asphalt there might be at other tracks. Were those spectators being pelted with gravel from the crash?
By SeanR
Having watched all the post race interviews and presser Hammy has no remorse about what happened and does not see himself at fault in the slightest. What a tool.
By JustBud
One comment on the Formula 1 YouTube video of the Highlights of the British GP....... :lol2:

1. Send your rival into the barrier;
2. Make your teammate let you pass;
3. “Get in there Lewis!”
By SeanR
^^ yep.

And this morning woke up to some of the top F1 articles talking about how people were going all racist on Hamilton but there was only one single example I could find where some guy in Europe used a gorilla emoticon on a comment.
By JustBud

Pretty good analysis.

I will add Hamilton's behavior post race was abhorrent.
By JustBud
Just another reason to like Danny Ricc.
Genuine concern.....

By Multi21
Gotta love RIC!! Good dude and someone who you'd love to have a beer with.

On the other hand, you have a complete Asshole who won the race by putting his main rival into the hospital, then received team orders for his teammate to pull over so he could pass him and then passed a Ferrari with engine cut out issues, but yet acts like he won the 2021 championship. Total class by Louise. :puking:
By David993S
Today's F1 race in Hungary might be interesting considering the events at Silverstone.
One comment I read after Silverstone was something like ' Hamilton has been called a lot of things but never a "dirty driver"...until today'. I have to agree especially after his antics in the last few minutes of Q3 yesterday when he purposely did a painfully slow out lap to keep Max behind him. Why? It was all about making Max's tire temps cool off. Here's something from Grandprix.com:

https://www.grandprix.com/news/hamilton ... marko.html

Hamilton is now using dirty tactics because of the pressure he has been under from Max and Red Bull. I dislike him even more now.
Multi21 liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
What a mess. Lap 1, in the wet. This will be interesting once it gets going again...
By SeanR
Sure didn't take long for these to pop up.
image.png
image.png
image.png
Earlier today: That russel boy sure does look promising.. Anyway.. Regarding that contract.. I need a small favor
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By David993S
What an incredible race. Glad for both Ocon and Vettel. Bad luck for Max dealing with the start and a damaged car, and masterful strategy from Mercedes as usual.
I thought it was ironic that Hamilton complained about Alonso running wide when Hamilton tries to pass on the outside, and say s(of Alonso) 'it's so dangerous at that speed'. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
By SeanR
That was a heck of a fun race to watch and agree, great for Ocon and Seb. Alonso did great and huge congrats to Williams on the points. Bottas taking a 5 grid penalty isn't harsh enough in my opinion but it is what it is. I feel worst for Norris out of all the crap at the beginning.
By Scott at Team Harco
That was exciting. I'm torn by that track. So little chance for passing, yet good racing.

I sure hope Max's luck turns around. He's had some real setbacks. Little Lewy has to be one of the luckiest SOBs on the planet. I thought Mercedes screwed up when Ham was the only car on the grid for the restart. That was surreal.

Good to see both Williams' drivers score points.
By SeanR
Too bad Alonso couldn't keep Hamilton behind him the rest of the race.

image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By JustBud
You guys have covered everything already..... a couple more items....

How do you spell fan in the Queen's English, HOMER.....

and does anybody other than me want to punch Crofty right in his pie hole? :cussing:
By SeanR
JustBud wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:33 pm You guys have covered everything already..... a couple more items....

and does anybody other than me want to punch Crofty right in his pie hole? :cussing:
I find Crofty more likeable that that guy we had doing the commentary for us before we got Sky. Yea, he's a bit excitable but he does know his stuff.
By JustBud
SeanR wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:58 pm
JustBud wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:33 pm You guys have covered everything already..... a couple more items....

I find Crofty more likeable that that guy we had doing the commentary for us before we got Sky. Yea, he's a bit excitable but he does know his stuff.
To me, Crofty and Diffey cancel each other out. I miss Matchett and Hobbs. Brundle is even more of a Hamilton homer than Crofty.

You can almost hear Brundle saying, "Get in there Lewis!"
By Scott at Team Harco
SeanR wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:27 pm This sucks. Vettel disqualified due to fueling sampling.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... OAohQZRUZM
Wow. It just gets uglier. I think a couple of guys ran out of fuel before getting back to the pits. Vettel was one of them. Still, the rules indicate that 1.0 liters must be able to be drawn at any time. AM may need to find out what the hell happened with their fuel system.

The worst part of this is Hammy's promotion to 2nd and, additionally extends his lead over Max in the championship. I was happy when Gasly stole the fastest-lap point away.
Last edited by Scott at Team Harco on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By David993S
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:34 pm
SeanR wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:27 pm This sucks. Vettel disqualified due to fueling sampling.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... OAohQZRUZM
Wow. It just gets uglier. I think a couple of guys ran out of fuel before getting back to the pits. Vettel was one of them. Still, the rules indicate that 1.0 liters must be able to be drawn at any time. AM may need to find out what the hell happened with their fuel system.

The worst part of this is Hammy's promotion to 2nd and, additionally extends his lead over Max in the championship. I was happy when Gasly stole the fastest-lap point away.

Agreed. Hamilton's promotion to 2nd just rubs salt in Max's wound. Scott is right........he's one lucky SOB.
Disappointing for Vettel. He certainly deserved 2nd.
By linderpat
That sucks about Vettel, but I guess the rules are the rules. Anyway, hellova race. I also switched back and forth to Spa 24 too. That one was pretty exciting. Happy to see Ferrari finally win one.
By Crisis
Rules are rules but this is one instance when the punishment doesn’t fit the crime IMHO.
Regardless, still an entertaining race. Alonso holding off Hamilton for so many laps was the definite highlight. Could just picture Hammy’s frustration growing with every lap. His comment about Alonso’s “dangerous “ driving was so beautifully ironic.
By JustBud
That Alonso defense was pretty epic, turns out it wasn't just for Esteban......

By Multi21
Better to be lucky than good. I swear Hamilton was born with a horseshoe up his arse... It doesn't matter what happens, what the rules are, he always seems to come out smelling roses from red flag sessions where he's able to unlap himself or fix damage or his teammate taking out 2 Red Bulls on 1 try, great drives by Seb being disqualified, it doesn't matter, LH always seems to benefit from whatever happens on track and off.

A quote from Hamilton when racing Alonso for position:

HAM
“At that speed it’s so dangerous”

GTFOH.... now he's going to milk the fact it was hot and humid and blame it on long Covid... something for his twitter feed during summer break...
By Streck-Fu
SeanR wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 pm And now Lulu is saying he thinks he has long Covid and that's why he was so disorientated on the podium. I figured he was just taken aback by all the boos.
All those European F1 fans are just so racist.
or his teammate taking out 2 Red Bulls on 1 try
Red Bull has taken a beating with crashes and it looks like they will incur an engine penalty as they need to replace damaged engines.
Asked about the chance of Red Bull getting to the end of the season without having to incur engine penalties for using more than the allowed three units per year, Horner replied: “Very little I’m afraid, and that is hugely frustrating for Honda as it’s not due to reliability; it’s due to accidents that we haven’t caused so they are feeling the brunt of this as we are on the chassis-side and it’s not to be underestimated on the cost cap side.
By JustBud
Vettel names EVERY F1 champion......

By Spanky
The Japanese F1 race schd for 10/10/21 at the Suzuka race track has been canceled due to Covid -19 :surrender:
By David993S
Spanky wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:10 am The Japanese F1 race schd for 10/10/21 at the Suzuka race track has been canceled due to Covid -19 :surrender:
Jeeze, here we go again.
By Scott at Team Harco
The Japanese are very cautious.

I had a night to sleep on my choice of words...

Now look at NZ and Australia... :banghead:
By Gator_86_951
SeanR liked this
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]