Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By SeanR
I'm pretty much speechless, stunned and amazed all in one feeling. Was pretty pissed about the call not to investigate the off track Lulu antics and knew that the game was over for any one but Hamilton. Glad I stuck with it. Perez was the real driver of the day today with his defense of Lewis for as long as he did and then we got to watch him just drive away and Max not seeming to be able to make those new tires work to pull the gap down. Huge thanks to Latifi for the SC. That ending was just amazing.

Congrats to Max, but honestly, I would have rooted for Mazapin over Lewis in any race this year. Can't say there has been a better season than this one. Doubt there will be again.
By JustBud
So to next year, does Russell expose Hamilton in the same car or will Mercedes Bottas him (as they did in his previous Mercedes start) just to allow their "GOAT" to fight for his 8th?
By JustBud
Alonso is a legend....

SeanR liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
^ We need similar rating on his headset.

Last lap from Lulu's car...

"We went car racing".

SeanR liked this
By JustBud
Was thinking about making some "Filled with Hamilton fans tears" coffee cups.....

Or "filled with British F1 fans tears" cups, can't decide because they're technically one in the same.
By Gator_86_951
JustBud wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 pm Was thinking about making some "Filled with Hamilton fans tears" coffee cups.....

Or "filled with British F1 fans tears" cups, can't decide because they're technically one in the same.

:lol2: :lol2:
linderpat liked this
By Multi21
I couldn't watch the race today but read and heard all about it.  Now that I've had a chance to watch the race, it was crazier than I imagined!  Mercedes and Hamilton had it locked up, but when Latifi hit the wall and brought out the safety car, all I could think about was how Lewis' luck had finally run out.  My mind IMMEDIATELY went back to Interlagos 2008 when Felipe Massa had the race and WDC locked up until it started to rain at the very end of the race and Timo Glock was stuck on dry tires.  Lewis passed Glock on the last corner of the last lap of the year for 5th place but 1 point ahead of Massa for his 1st WDC.  Heartbreak for Felipe, stroke of luck for Lewis but that is live sports... you never know what's going to happen.

Great pit wall strategy by Red Bull today and they were rewarded for taking risks whilst Mercedes played it more conservative even though they had the outright speed.

At the end of a long 22 race year, the best driver won the championship and the best car won the constructor's title.  

Conflicted emotions as I'm happy to see Honda win at the end of their latest stint in F1 but sad that they are leaving while at this point.  My how far they've come from a "GP2" engine as coined by Fernando Alonso to now.  

Perhaps most surprising is the composure of class shown by Hamilton in the aftermath.  It looked like he took his time to process all that happened while still in the cockpit and was magnanimous in defeat.  It's great to see both fathers speaking with their adult sons.  What a 2021 season!!!

Moving forward, I'm sure 2022 will bring new players to the front and those teams that elected to spend their budget money on next year's car (Ferrari, HAAS, etc) will come out fighting and competing for podiums.  Can't wait to see the behind the scene footage on Netflix, "Drive to Survive" as well.
SeanR liked this
By SeanR
Multi21 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:13 am I couldn't watch the race today but read and heard all about it.  Now that I've had a chance to watch the race, it was crazier than I imagined!  Mercedes and Hamilton had it locked up, but when Latifi hit the wall and brought out the safety car, all I could think about was how Lewis' luck had finally run out.  My mind IMMEDIATELY went back to Interlagos 2008 when Felipe Massa had the race and WDC locked up until it started to rain at the very end of the race and Timo Glock was stuck on dry tires.  Lewis passed Glock on the last corner of the last lap of the year for 5th place but 1 point ahead of Massa for his 1st WDC.  Heartbreak for Felipe, stroke of luck for Lewis but that is live sports... you never know what's going to happen.

Great pit wall strategy by Red Bull today and they were rewarded for taking risks whilst Mercedes played it more conservative even though they had the outright speed.

At the end of a long 22 race year, the best driver won the championship and the best car won the constructor's title.  

Conflicted emotions as I'm happy to see Honda win at the end of their latest stint in F1 but sad that they are leaving while at this point.  My how far they've come from a "GP2" engine as coined by Fernando Alonso to now.  

Perhaps most surprising is the composure of class shown by Hamilton in the aftermath.  It looked like he took his time to process all that happened while still in the cockpit and was magnanimous in defeat.  It's great to see both fathers speaking with their adult sons.  What a 2021 season!!!

Moving forward, I'm sure 2022 will bring new players to the front and those teams that elected to spend their budget money on next year's car (Ferrari, HAAS, etc) will come out fighting and competing for podiums.  Can't wait to see the behind the scene footage on Netflix, "Drive to Survive" as well.

Very well stated and I agree 110%. Going to be a new era next season.
By David993S
As much as I don't like Middle East (and Russia and China) F1 races, you gotta admit the Abu Dhabi trophy is absolutely gorgeous.
Looks just like one of my SCCA Formula Ford trophies. :lol2:
Multi21 liked this
By JustBud
Multi21 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:13 am Perhaps most surprising is the composure of class shown by Hamilton in the aftermath.  It looked like he took his time to process all that happened while still in the cockpit and was magnanimous in defeat.  It's great to see both fathers speaking with their adult sons.  What a 2021 season!!!
I have to agree, Hamiltons father consoling Lewis and Jos congratulating Max...... proud fathers both. I think we can all understand how that feels. Hamilton was very gracious in defeat, that was character.
David993S wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:54 am As much as I don't like Middle East (and Russia and China) F1 races, you gotta admit the Abu Dhabi trophy is absolutely gorgeous.
Looks just like one of my SCCA Formula Ford trophies. :lol2:
I was saying the same thing that trophy was stunning... Max will be proud of that one, to win that one while winning your first WDC......nice.
By Multi21
I kept waking up in the middle of the night with the voice in my head of a man in heavy German accent saying, "No, no Michael this isn't right".  :lol2:
SeanR liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
Multi21 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:12 am I kept waking up in the middle of the night with the voice in my head of a man in heavy German accent saying, "No, no Michael this isn't right".  :lol2:
Let's see how far this goes...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3849 ... %20Openers
By Crisis
They already lost that protest, but I believe they are able to appeal it. Even if they were to win the appeal, I think most people would still consider Max, the champ, simply based on him taking the checkerd flag first.
By JustBud
Multi21 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:37 pm This guy is dead on. :lol2:

His Max, Lewis, Carlos and Christian are fantastic.... he does Lando too in the video I posted earlier.... His Lance and Papa Stroll need a bit of work.
By Multi21
Hope he incorporates a few more drivers into his routine next year like Ricciardo... That big ass smile and the "yea"... are a good start. :lol2:
By linderpat
Multi21 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:57 pm Hope he incorporates a few more drivers into his routine next year like Ricciardo... That big ass smile and the "yea"... are a good start. :lol2:
Scroll up and see the first vid. He does a great Ricky.
By JustBud
This is awesome...... the man has always had his priorities in order when it comes to sport.

Godspeed Kimi and enjoy your retirement and family.
David993S, Multi21, linderpat and 1 others liked this
By Multi21
Lewis did not attend the post race conference after the race even though he is mandated to do so. I completely understand given how the race ended.

Earlier this week, Mercedes and Toto Wolff did not send their 2021 F1 winning car to the FIA gala as is mandatory supposedly in silent protest for what happened last weekend.

Today, Toto and Lewis will not attend the awards ceremony in Paris as is mandatory for Lewis. Shades of 2016 when Hamilton was beat by Rosberg and was a sore loser then too.

Sack up and be men or at the very least be professional. When people show you who and what they are, believe them.
SeaCay, SeanR liked this
By David993S
Multi21 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:10 pm Lewis did not attend the post race conference after the race even though he is mandated to do so. I completely understand given how the race ended.

Earlier this week, Mercedes and Toto Wolff did not send their 2021 F1 winning car to the FIA gala as is mandatory supposedly in silent protest for what happened last weekend.

Today, Toto and Lewis will not attend the awards ceremony in Paris as is mandatory for Lewis. Shades of 2016 when Hamilton was beat by Rosberg and was a sore loser then too.

Sack up and be men or at the very least be professional. When people show you who and what they are, believe them.
Poor losers, both of them. And Mercedes, as a Team, should be embarrassed by their actions. No secret I've never cared for Hamilton, but I used to have respect for Toto. Not any longer.
By JustBud
David993S wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:29 am
Multi21 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:10 pm Lewis did not attend the post race conference after the race even though he is mandated to do so. I completely understand given how the race ended.

Poor losers, both of them. And Mercedes, as a Team, should be embarrassed by their actions. No secret I've never cared for Hamilton, but I used to have respect for Toto. Not any longer.
Ironic that Valterri and James were the ones who showed up for Mercedes at the Awards Celebration.
I would have gained a lot of respect for Hamilton if he had attended. To lose graciously shows true character.
Wolff has always struck me as some sort of narcissistic bully, how appropriate that he and Hamilton found each other.
Multi21 liked this
By Multi21
More "hammer time" to be bestowed toward Lewis Hamilton by new FIA president.

New FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem says Lewis Hamilton can be given "no forgiveness" if he is found to have breached Formula 1's rules in missing the annual prize-giving gala.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...R_gMUJttCXPS8U
By JustBud
By JustBud
Just don't watch any F1 videos on YouTube. The British crying is at a high that hasn't been seen since 1776......

Seb for some lighthearted (bad) jokes. (I know I was hard on him at Ferrari but I really like how he has relaxed.)

By JustBud
Kimi..... :frown:

Can't wait for 2022.......
SeanR liked this
By Kris
Few years ago we regularly got together with colleagues at the karting track in Genk, Belgium. It is close to work and rather impressive as the largest outdoor track in Europe. Made use of the pro and fun tracks. On more than one occasion it was mentioned that the Verstappen clan (Max’s mother is Belgian) were doing test rounds. Never thought much of it, never thought that 12 year old kid would be WC one day.

SeanR, Multi21 liked this
By Multi21
No surprise as Max Verstappen voted best driver by his fellow drivers as well as the F1 team bosses. Interesting list of top 10 though....

Norris had a great 1st half of the season, but not a great 2nd half. Sainz definitely shined, but don't know about LeClerc being as high this year. I would have rated Gasly higher. Finally, there must have been something the other drivers saw in the way Mick performed in the worst car on grid to put him at #10.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...gxtXoZmkCbXkJM

POSITION DRIVER
1 Max Verstappen
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Lando Norris
4 Carlos Sainz
5 Charles Leclerc
6 Fernando Alonso
7 Pierre Gasly
8 George Russell
9 Esteban Ocon
10 Mick Schumacher
By Multi21
In 2 pieces of news coming out of F1 and the FIA today, Honda has changed their minds and will supply engines to RBR and sister team until at lease 2025. Smart move being so close to the constructor's title and given how far they came from a "GP2 engine".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...7FNhGyrUNake2Q

Also, Mercedes doing what they do best and that's to lobby politically behind the scenes for advantages or a pound of flesh in this instance, even if it's after the fact and highly improbable of happening again. For the first time, the FIA says that Michael Masi could be replaced:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...DMZ-MoDGDEes7E
By JustBud
I really like the subtle number change..... from 33 to 1. :rockon:

Multi21 liked this
By JustBud

David993S, SeanR liked this
By Streck-Fu
Multi21 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:27 am Also, Mercedes doing what they do best and that's to lobby politically behind the scenes for advantages or a pound of flesh in this instance, even if it's after the fact and highly improbable of happening again. For the first time, the FIA says that Michael Masi could be replaced:

Link messed up? I don't think the whole url pasted.

Page not found
You are looking for something which we could not find for you.
By Multi21
Streck-Fu wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:33 pm
Multi21 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:27 am Also, Mercedes doing what they do best and that's to lobby politically behind the scenes for advantages or a pound of flesh in this instance, even if it's after the fact and highly improbable of happening again. For the first time, the FIA says that Michael Masi could be replaced:

Link messed up? I don't think the whole url pasted.

Page not found
You are looking for something which we could not find for you.
Perhaps they took it down? Here is a new link.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/fia-make ... -replaced/
By SeanR
I love how the RB's use the V8 cars for all the fun stuff that they do for promotional events. Guess that's more due to the reliability and ease of using those instead of todays ultra complex hybrid systems that just sound like crap.
By JustBud
First REAL car reveal of 2022......

By Multi21
When a driver has to have a security detail to protect him from irrational Hamilton fans after crashing into a wall, things have gotten out of hand... (not placing any blame on LH personally, just pointing out the sad state of affairs in what is supposed to be sport and entertainment). If Latifi is getting death threats I would imagine Verstappen and Masi received death threats as well but elected to not discuss them in public. This is where we're at at this point... sad.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...reats/8201000/
By Scott at Team Harco
Well, soccer fans have been known to take things waaay too far. F1 is probably close to that level of insane fanaticism.
By Multi21
With such a tight championship season, I'm sure it'll be a good watch. Netflix got lucky as they were focused on the McLaren team at Monza and Riccardo just so happened to win the race that weekend. Looking forward to it!
By JustBud
Ferrari. F1-75 reveal..... looks purty, hope it's fast.
I hope C&C can give Merc/Hammy/Russell a run this year......

By JustBud
Multi21 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:36 am Masi is out as race director.
Well now we know Merc/Ham Sandwich have Toto control over the FIA.....

yeah, I'll get my hat.
By JustBud
SeanR liked this
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]