By Streck-Fu
Max gets max points.
Red Bull gets P1 and P2.
Lewis out of the points.
Bottas pushed Norris to the end.
Toto probably bitching to the race stewards...lol

Hell of a race.
By Scott at Team Harco
That was nice. I have nothing against Ferrari, but I openly root for Red Bull. This really helps them.

I feel bad for Carlos and Fred. No feeling of sorrow for Lulu. Russell 4th and Lulu 10 places back. :lol2: In the same car.
By Streck-Fu
Toto's face during the interview when asked about protecting Lewis' confidence going into Miami....... :rockon:

Lewis is such a prima Donna that he needs his ego protected. It's not enough that he is top 5 in number of championships by a driver ....lol
By linderpat
I was very disappointed to see Ferrari lose the podium spot at the end, especially on the "home" course. Oh well, that's racing. Overall, good race. Very narrow track though!
By dernflatlander
senna_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David993S liked this
By JustBud
The last part is just one more reason to like Danny Ricc. :beerchug:

Even F1 made a special video for Danny Riccs love of our national anthem.

By Streck-Fu
Will LH be allowed to practice with F1 enforcing the jewelry ban? I am not sure there is much of reason for the F1 bosses to blink on this with LH essentially out of the championship contention.
By Scott at Team Harco
He's been on track. Maybe he took the metal out. Or maybe the race officials will prevent him from driving on race day if he doesn't comply... :roflmao:
By Streck-Fu
I dislike LH so I think they should let him run the race, then disqualify him...

The libertarian leanings in me want to ask the rule makers for examples of when jewelry contributed to injuries or hindered rescue/medical assistance.
By JustBud
CLC driving Gilles Villenueve's Ferrari.

By dernflatlander
When is Billie Bob going to figure out that American Black Women don't want to talk to him?
By David993S
dernflatlander wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:06 pm When is Billie Bob going to figure out that American Black Women don't want to talk to him?
About the same time he realizes that all tall black guys are not Patrick Mahomes. :lol2:
Last edited by David993S on Sun May 08, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dernflatlander liked this
By David993S
Another brilliant strategy call by the Scuderia. :rolleyes:
Mattia Binotto: "Let's give our cars lots of downforce for speed in corners where no one is going to pass anyway".
Christian Horner: "Let's run less downforce to enhance our top speed advantage to pass LeClerc on the long DRS straights".
By Scott at Team Harco
Another good race. Too bad for Checo. He probably could have had third if not for the sensor failure. Good to see Russell beat Hammy, again. Would have been nice to see Bottas beat him too.

Mick had bad luck at the end - could have had his first point.

When I heard the announcement that Willy T Ribbs was going to do the post-race interviews, I cringed. I heard him do 'color' on a recent race. He is not good with a mic.

Oh boy, more cringe. Football helmets on the podium? :banghead:
Last edited by Scott at Team Harco on Mon May 09, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
David993S liked this
By linderpat
David993S wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:26 pm Miami GP hasn't started yet, but worst pre-race show ever. But it's ABC, so of course it's unwatchable.
You are not kidding. That was about the most classless pre-race show I ever saw. Made us Yanks look like insufferable huckleberrys. :barf:
By JustBud
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:28 pm Good to see Russell beat Hammy, again. Would have been nice to see Bottas beat him too. :banghead:
Mercedes even made George concede the position when he passed Sir Whines a Lot the first time..... only for Toto's boy.
I was ecstatic when Russell made the pass on Hammy the second time....

I actually yelled at the TV when Bottas went wide..... I want Valterri to beat the Ham Sandwich every race and finish ahead in points at season's end.....

Unless Ferrari comes up with an answer to RB's speed Max will repeat..... CLC's is in Max's position of the last few years..... competing against a faster car.....

You can tell Max and Charles have a lot of respect for each other, they've already had better cleaner battles than the Ham-Ver matchups.....
By JustBud
oops.....

no commentary....enjoy the sound.

By Streck-Fu
That would be gut wrenching but it looks like a mechanical failure...

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/pictu ... /10305384/
As Motorsport.com's exclusive photograph shows, Leclerc's incident appears to have been caused by a total failure of the front left brakes.

The image taken shortly before Leclerc spun shows a shattered brake disc on the floor after it had come loose from the front left caliper.

With no stopping power on the left front corner of the car, the brakes would have grabbed entirely on the right side, leaving Leclerc powerless as the car would have snapped instantly right.
By David993S
It was a mechanical failure. The left front brake rotor broke into many pieces when he braked. Must have been old original brake rotors.......originality and all. :banghead: Guess someone will have to put new rotors on it now.
You can see rotor pieces just under the left side of "Lauda's" car.

This is perhaps my favorite F1 car of all time.
Last edited by David993S on Fri May 20, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By David993S
Good racing at the Spanish GP today.........except for LeClerc. Feel bad for him but glad to see Verstappen pull it off. Although I think Perez feels differently due to the team orders.

(Still don't like DRS, Scott :wink: )
By Scott at Team Harco
Cut it out.

Maybe that's a way to handicap Max by keeping his DRS intermittent.
By Crisis
David993S wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 pm (Still don't like DRS, Scott :wink: )
Don’t think that Max was much of a fan of the DRS system either today, but he sure liked it better when it was working.

Much as I’m not a fan, Hamilton drive a very strong race today. Looks like Mercedes have clawed their way back to being competitive every week. Definitely far more interesting with 3 competitive teams this year.
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
agreed, it's all more fun when there are a few competing for real. Good racing overall.
By Scott at Team Harco
Crisis wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:12 pm
David993S wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 pm (Still don't like DRS, Scott :wink: )
Don’t think that Max was much of a fan of the DRS system either today, but he sure liked it better when it was working.

Much as I’m not a fan, Hamilton drive a very strong race today. Looks like Mercedes have clawed their way back to being competitive every week. Definitely far more interesting with 3 competitive teams this year.
Yet George Russell is carrying the torch for Mercedes. The team is stronger now, with the latest engine upgrade. I feel no sympathy for Lulu's lackluster performances.

Totally agree, though, it's nice to see more teams at the top and reasonable parity between 4 through 7. Kind of sad to see AM, Haas and Williams struggling, but they're still fighting for points at the lower end.
By JustBud
street circuits.... what the drivers think.

dernflatlander liked this
By dernflatlander
Pretty sure that if you are here you've watched the Senna documentary. Monaco was his Holy Grail. When McLaren asked him to slow down it totally ruined his CPU clock resulting in an unforced error. The concentration level is in uncharted territory. I am old and set in my ways, but Monaco is the standard to judge F1 drivers by.
By dernflatlander
Rain in the Principality. This should be interesting. Over / under on finishers?
By Gator_86_951
linderpat wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:41 am I understand the significance of Monaco, but damn it’s the most boring of them all.
I haven't sat through an F1 race in probably two years, honestly. I just watch the YouTube highlights for all the coverage. I just don't have the patience to sit through one of those races, even though they are sprint races. Now, sit and watch Daytona 24 or something similar, I like that more because of the strategery and the diversity of the field.
By David993S
Monaco is always a parade, but I have to admit this one was kind of interesting, especially the last 10 or so laps. Nice to see Checo win. And leave it to Ferrari to cock-up the pitstop/tire strategy. It probably cost LeClerc the win.
Since the Cry Baby is now a non-factor, I don't get to rag on him much these days. But here goes.........I thought Ocon's 5 sec penalty for "causing a collision" with the Cry Baby was a bad call. Ocon turned into the corner and the Cry Baby's left front wing endplate hits Ocon's right rear tire. I just don't see that as Ocon turning into the CB and causing a collision. To me it looked like the CB trying to stick his nose where he didn't have a chance in hell to make a move. But typical of the CB; always complains and claims everything is someone else's fault.

Can't watch the 500 live. Blacked out here where I am in Indiana. Rebroadcast at 8:30 tonight.
By JustBud
David993S wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:12 pm Monaco is always a parade, but I have to admit this one was kind of interesting, especially the last 10 or so laps. Nice to see Checo win. And leave it to Ferrari to cock-up the pitstop/tire strategy. It probably cost LeClerc the win.
Since the Cry Baby is now a non-factor, I don't get to rag on him much these days. But here goes.........I thought Ocon's 5 sec penalty for "causing a collision" with the Cry Baby was a bad call. Ocon turned into the corner and the Cry Baby's left front wing endplate hits Ocon's right rear tire. I just don't see that as Ocon turning into the CB and causing a collision. To me it looked like the CB trying to stick his nose where he didn't have a chance in hell to make a move. But typical of the CB; always complains and claims everything is someone else's fault.

Can't watch the 500 live. Blacked out here where I am in Indiana. Rebroadcast at 8:30 tonight.
I thought Monaco was a great race this year.... after all the delay.
Heartbroken for CLC, he just can't catch any breaks at his home race...
I bet he gets very fluent in Italian curse words during the debrief.
Sainz redeemed himself with a good drive after some blunders the last few races.
Nice to see Checo win, he is the tire whisperer as Coulthard said in the post race interview.
And I completely agree with you regarding the Whiny One... it is so nice to see him struggle and being consistently outdriven by his new teammate.... Ocon got robbed with that penalty.

and I too, have an Indy 500 moment from today.... I haven't watched it or followed it in years to be honest.
So since it's raining here I search on my fire TV for Indy and find it! Nice!
I watch the whole thing and it is beyond exciting watching all the passing and such....
and bonus I get to watch Castroneves win a record tying 4th time!!!

Then I get on YouTube and see highlights of Ericsson winning the 500?????? :confused:

I realized then I just watched the full 2021 Indianapolis 500!!!!!

What a day!!! One of the best days of the year.... even if one of these took place a year ago today!!!!
I'm an idiot! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
David993S, linderpat liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
Old news. :lol2:

Agree that was a bad call to penalize Ocon. Video (must watch at YT) is cued at that replay. Edit: Nope, that does not transfer when clicked on. Go to 1:54...

Too bad for the red flag. Wet track attrition would have made my prediction much closer.
Last edited by Scott at Team Harco on Mon May 30, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By linderpat
Of the big 3 races yesterday, this was was at the bottom for me in terms of excitement. The Coca Cola 600 was #1, followed by Indy 500. Nevertheless, great day for racing all the way around.
By SeanR
We have our F1 Paddock event at the cigar lounge and as the race was getting ready to start we were all taking bets on how many DNF's there would be and who it would be. I bet 5 and lost. We all agreed that Latifi would find the wall first and sure as shit, he hit the wall on the formation lap. Alonso was fun to watch as he frustrated Lulu. Love it when those two get together because most times Alonso pisses him off.

I thought it was a pretty fun race to watch this year due to the rain. Ferrari just can't help but to step on their own peckers..........every.........freaking.........year.

Couldn't watch the 500 since I've got Sling but saw the highlights, very happy for Erickson.
By dernflatlander
What a damn shame to have a Mickey Mouse circuit like Azerbaijan scheduled the same weekend as the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I miss the days of real race car drivers competing in multiple formulas. AJ, Mario, Dan, Jimmy, those were some real men.
By Scott at Team Harco
dernflatlander wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:22 pm What a damn shame to have a Mickey Mouse circuit like Azerbaijan scheduled the same weekend as the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I miss the days of real race car drivers competing in multiple formulas. AJ, Mario, Dan, Jimmy, those were some real men.
True. Sadly, those days are long gone. There are so many races in each series, these days. Finding open weekends away from ones regular series is more rare.

Also, most teams/ sponsors have specific contractual obligations for their drivers to remain faithful to their team and series. There hasn't been a big name crossover for decades, as far as I can recall. It the Indy 500 and the Charlotte 600. There are a few guys that jump between IndyCar and IMSA. Still very rare.
By David993S
The Azerbaijan track sucks. Much worse than other wall-lined street courses such as Miami, Monaco, and not-yet-raced Vegas.

I'm beginning (OK, more than beginning) to lose hope that Ferrari will win the Constructors title, and that LeClerc will be champion. Even when they don't have a DNF, they mess up the pit stop strategy. :rolleyes: But if Ferrari/LeClerc can't win I'm glad to see Max taking a strong lead. Just as long as the Cry Baby doesn't set foot on the podium, I'll be happy.
By Crisis
David993S wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:52 am The Azerbaijan track sucks. Much worse than other wall-lined street courses such as Miami, Monaco, and not-yet-raced Vegas.
As a layman fan, who is not a racer, I'm curious as to dislike for the Baku circuit. The main straight may be overly long, but at least it presents passing opportunities. So, what makes Baku so bad?
By dernflatlander
Too many unsettling bumps. Thread the needle corner complexes are dangerous and detrimental to competition.
By Scott at Team Harco
Not specific to Baku: No where to go to avoid collisions. Concrete barriers line nearly all portions of the track. Minimal or no runoff room.

By Crisis
Should be very interesting in Montreal tomorrow. Qualifying saw 2 Alpine & 2 Haas in the top 7, but that was in the wet. Forecast for tomorrow is sunny & dry, so what's that gong to mean? Not likely to be a parade, in my opinion.
By Crisis
The Canadian GP certainly turned out to be less exciting than hoped. While the Alpine and Haas cars were somewhat competitive for awhile, they dropped back to their usual positions in the dry. I picked a bad week to drop the Ferraris from my Fantasy F1 team - their recent woes and Leclerc's last row start gave me confidence in them, but they ran a good race - Sainz just didn't have enough to really put much of a scare into Max at the end.
By JustBud

:lol2: :lol2:
By dernflatlander
Good job by Carlos on a crappy weather day. Tomorrow's forecast looks dry. Should be a good race.
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]