Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By Scott at Team Harco
With the exception of Russell, Mercedes power does not appear to have party mode. :beerchug:

Way to go, Checo! :rockon:
By Crisis
Yup, 7 of the bottom 9 qualifiers are Mercedes-powered. Makes Russell’s result actually look pretty impressive.
By Multi21
David993S wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:27 pm The Saudi GP weekend is already a good one. The Cry Baby didn't make it out of Q1.
Probably a car issue, but the result is the same. And Russel made a good showing.
Gotta be the car right? LOL... I think it's a 1 off and the just didn't get the set up right on his car.

HAAS will only field 1 car tomorrow and regroup for Australia. Glad Mick is okay and could only think of what Karina was thinking given all she's gone through with her family....

So Happy for Checo! That T1 and T2 area is going to be mighty tight tomorrow.
By Scott at Team Harco
Good race. Nice rebound for RBR. Bad luck for Checo.

Poor Hammy.... :roflmao:
By Crisis
Two races in a row where we’ve had some real good wheel to wheel entertainment. Let’s hope it continues through the season.
linderpat liked this
By linderpat
Crisis wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:36 pm Two races in a row where we’ve had some real good wheel to wheel entertainment. Let’s hope it continues through the season.
Yes, the races are almost as good now as the Netflix show :bigok:

Kidding aside, I like the rule change that allows racing. I hope it doesn't turn into open wheel NASCAR though.
By JustBud
The only thing that could have made that race better is if Hammilocks had finished in 11th........
David993S liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
JustBud wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:01 am The only thing that could have made that race better is if Hammilocks had finished in 11th........
Had Bottas or Alonso finished, he might well have had to settle for 11th.
By JustBud
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:43 pm
JustBud wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:01 am The only thing that could have made that race better is if Hammilocks had finished in 11th........
Had Bottas or Alonso finished, he might well have had to settle for 11th.
Very true, I like that Valtteri is in a faster and much better looking car.... I would love to see VB ahead of Hamilton in the WDC... I know, as I said earlier, hard to fathom but it is a wish..
By JustBud
A friend just sent me this....... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Multi21, David993S liked this
By Multi21
I know it's early, but so far, 2 races in and it's looking like a fun season! Love the fact that Max and LEC are giving us some really close, hard, clean racing lap after lap. Let's see how other circuits are in terms of passing because both Bahrain and SA had back to back DRS zones that helped the car that was passed get the pass back on track.

LECs driving style is definitely more cerebral than both Hamilton and Max, but Max is picking up on the little nuances of strategic driving and learning on the fly which makes him a better driver than he was last year.

RUS 1 HAM 1. The fact that Russell had to wrestle a bad F1 car for 3 years and HAM has always had a perfect car will play into RUS's hands. Let's see how good Hamilton is now. :lol2:
By JustBud
Multi21 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:05 pm I know it's early, but so far, 2 races in and it's looking like a fun season! Love the fact that Max and LEC are giving us some really close, hard, clean racing lap after lap. Let's see how other circuits are in terms of passing because both Bahrain and SA had back to back DRS zones that helped the car that was passed get the pass back on track.

LECs driving style is definitely more cerebral than both Hamilton and Max, but Max is picking up on the little nuances of strategic driving and learning on the fly which makes him a better driver than he was last year.

RUS 1 HAM 1. The fact that Russell had to wrestle a bad F1 car for 3 years and HAM has always had a perfect car will play into RUS's hands. Let's see how good Hamilton is now. :lol2:
Agree with everything you wrote.... CLC is a future WDC (maybe even this year).

The irony when Hamilton fans blame the car when he doesn't do well...... and swear he's the GOAT when he has the most dominant car in history.... I really hope Russell drives him into retirement.
Streck-Fu liked this
By Multi21
Yup.... a driver in a HAAS and who wasn't even in F1 last year beat Lewis Hamilton in a Mercedes in a straight up fight yesterday and finished in front of him? Just curious because I've always been told that it's not the car by HAM fans....
By JustBud
Don't know that it is 100% accurate but I still laughed... a little blending of current events and F1.

By Streck-Fu
JustBud wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:14 pm I really hope Russell drives him into retirement.
From your keyboard to God's ears..... I hope so too.
By Multi21
Who knows how this season will end, but I've got a feeling Hamilton is going to regret not retiring whilst on top because his legacy will be highly tarnished if his new teammate beats him and he can't get out of his own way.
SeanR liked this
By JustBud
Drivers reaction to the Las Vegas GP.... I HATE Vegas, but this may be fun.....

SeanR liked this
By Multi21
“But Lewis Hamilton is not coping at all. He’s always had a perfect car, he never had to push because they were so much faster. In the race yesterday he did alright, but on Saturday he was nowhere to be seen.” - 1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve

of course he did alright because of so many DNFs in front of him Sunday. 😂
By David993S
JustBud wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:51 am Drivers reaction to the Las Vegas GP.... I HATE Vegas, but this may be fun.....

Adding yet another race to an already brutal schedule, and on a shit-street course. Probably rough pavement (but maybe not), no runoff area, concrete walls, and probably very little passing.
I'd like to see another GP in the US, but not this. Put me in the "not a fan" category.
Now if they were getting rid of some of the middle east GP's that would be some consolation.
By Multi21
Dominicalli says he wants 30 races in one year!!!!! that sounds insane to me but as a fan I'd welcome it but the budget caps have to go up with the added expense of shipping, crash damage etc.

I don't think the Vegas date is a race in the traditional sense than more of "an event" where big shots, high rollers and title sponsors can come and hob nob in an international destination. Kind of like Monaco but without the water and yachts.
By SeanR
Multi21 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:23 pm Dominicalli says he wants 30 races in one year!!!!! that sounds insane to me but as a fan I'd welcome it but the budget caps have to go up with the added expense of shipping, crash damage etc.

I don't think the Vegas date is a race in the traditional sense than more of "an event" where big shots, high rollers and title sponsors can come and hob nob in an international destination. Kind of like Monaco but without the water and yachts.
Yep, just like Monoco. Not like we watch that for the actual race. Qualifying sure, race, not so much.

I like the idea as the more races here the larger the sport grows. I’ve not been to COTA for an F1 race but I will make a concerted effort to make it to Las Vegas for the show alone.
By Gator_86_951
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Crisis
I find the timing for the Aussie race weekend to work pretty nicely. In my time zone qualifying goes at midnight Friday, while the race starts at 11pm Saturday night. I prefer that to the early morning weekend viewing for the races in Europe.
By Scott at Team Harco
Crisis wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:15 pm I find the timing for the Aussie race weekend to work pretty nicely. In my time zone qualifying goes at midnight Friday, while the race starts at 11pm Saturday night. I prefer that to the early morning weekend viewing for the races in Europe.
I'll be watching replay for the race. 1AM is not going to work for me. Depending on other Ps and Q, I'll probably watch on my computer, at my leisure. Can skip ahead, as needed, too.
By Multi21
10 PM race start on the left coast. I considered having a viewing party/get together/dinner etc., but wife said it was too late. I think we're getting old.
By Gator_86_951
I’m with @Scott at Team Harco , way past my bedtime. I also have an all day clinic I am doing Sunday so even if I wanted to I can’t stay up. At least this season is shaping up nicely so far.
By Crisis
Multi21 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:10 pm 10 PM race start on the left coast. I considered having a viewing party/get together/dinner etc., but wife said it was too late. I think we're getting old.
Some of us that are in our F1 Fantasy league at work are actually considering hitting a bar that will be televising the race. Watched other sports at bar, but never an F1 race. Should be over by 1am - The night's still young.
By Crisis
Looks like it could be a pretty good race in a few hours Bad break for Alonso cost both him and Sainz a few spots on the grid, but nice to see that the McClarens & Alpine cars are both competitive with the Big 3 teams.
By Multi21
What a mixed bag for the entire weekend. Ferrari and Charles LeClerc were flawless in the grand slam but Sainz had some bad luck followed by an unforced error and DNF on lap 1. No bueno Carlos. If the gap widens between the teammates, we know what Ferrari's going to do to secure that WDC.

Red Bull reliability is horrendous. There's a lot of Max haters out there that are loving the 2 DNF's out of 3 races but none are Max's fault. Regardless, it's going to be an uphill battle to try and compete for the championship with 2 DNFs so early in the season.

Don't look now, but the Mercedes may not be as fast as the Ferrari's but they sure looked to be running the same pace as Perez in the Red Bull and they're reliable. I think they will be a factor down the stretch.

Good to see McLaren back in the top 10 after dismal performances in the 2 ME races.

The race itself didn't measure up to Bahrain or SA. Perhaps they should have left that 4th DRS zone in.
By Gator_86_951
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By linderpat
Good race, but not heart pounding. Happy to see Char doing well; I like Ferrari. And I agree - can't rule out Mercedes - after a slow start, they are finding their stride with the cars again.
By Multi21
There is no bigger douchebag who cries about rules being applied that Toto but Lewis is right there....

In yet another display of entitlement, Lewis Hamilton is DIRECTLY challenging the FIA and the rules set forth about wearing jewelry whilst in an F1 car and says "you should be able to be who you are." So I supposed he wants some rules enforced and not others? Got it. If I'm the FIA, and he directly goes against a safety rule, he doesn't race. Period.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...pdown/9859351/

Hamilton: My jewellery will be staying despite F1 clampdown
Lewis Hamilton has no plans to comply with the FIA’s clampdown on Formula 1 drivers wearing jewellery in cars – as he says some of his ear-rings cannot physically be removed.

Ahead of last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix, the FIA reminded drivers that the sport’s rules outlaw the wearing of certain jewellery on safety grounds.

The long-standing regulation, which forms Article 5 of the third chapter of Appendix L from the governing body’s International Sporting Code, was highlighted in the event notes released for the Melbourne event by race director Niels Wittich.

The full wording of the rule states: “The wearing of jewellery in the form of body piercing or metal neck chains is prohibited during the competition and may therefore be checked before the start.”

With enforcement of the rule having not been in place for many years, the reminder has come as part of a desire by F1 race director Wittich to ensure safety standards are as high as possible – especially with lessons learned from Romain Grosjean’s fiery crash at the 2020 Bahrain GP.

But while there are obvious safety grounds that have prompted the decision, Hamilton believes that enforcement is a step too far.

Furthermore, he says that it is physically impossible for him to remove some of his ear-rings so he will be unable to comply with the FIA request.

“I don't have any plans on removing [jewellery],” he said. “I feel there are personal things. You should be able to be who you are.

“There's stuff that I can't move. So I can't even take these out. These ones on my right ear, they're literally welded in. So I will have to get them chopped off or something like that. So they will be staying.”

“I don't have any plans on removing [jewellery],” he said. “I feel there are personal things. You should be able to be who you are.

“There's stuff that I can't move. So I can't even take these out. These ones on my right ear, they're literally welded in. So I will have to get them chopped off or something like that. So they will be staying.”
SDGT3 is online now Report Post
By JustBud
I'd happily volunteer to help Lewis get the "welded" in earring out of his right ear......I have some pliers laying around somewhere. :evilgrin:

My goodness how narcissistic can one person be? He and Toto are made for each other.

My take on Mercedes is they are looking much better now than the first two races..... but they aren't as far into joining RB and Ferrari at the front as some say...

Put Sainz and Alonso back into the results and they aren't nearly as high up as they seem...

How ironic is it that Merc seems down on power compared to the Ferrraris and Honda powered cars..... deliciously satisfying to say the least.

The thing that annoys me is the typical Ham Sandwich luck.... he's scoring MANY more points than he should right now which keeps him much closer to the WDC hunt than he should be.
By Multi21
JustBud wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:29 am I'd happily volunteer to help Lewis get the "welded" in earring out of his right ear......I have some pliers laying around somewhere. :evilgrin:

My goodness how narcissistic can one person be? He and Toto are made for each other.

My take on Mercedes is they are looking much better now than the first two races..... but they aren't as far into joining RB and Ferrari at the front as some say...

Put Sainz and Alonso back into the results and they aren't nearly as high up as they seem...

How ironic is it that Merc seems down on power compared to the Ferrraris and Honda powered cars..... deliciously satisfying to say the least.

The thing that annoys me is the typical Ham Sandwich luck.... he's scoring MANY more points than he should right now which keeps him much closer to the WDC hunt than he should be.
Agree with everything you wrote. Lewis has always had a lucky horseshoe stuck up his ass. The Ferrari's seem to have the speed and reliability. I'm confident Mercedes will get faster and faster as the year goes on but not confident that Red Bull will be able to be as reliable as they are fast. In 3 races, taking both their cars into account, they've only crossed the line 50% of the time. Lewis' biggest threat is Russell right now. The moaning he displayed in the car where "the team put him in a difficult situation" was spun as heating issues, but we all know that Hamilton wanted Merc to tell Russell to move aside.
By Scott at Team Harco
What's Lulu going to do about the vagina piercing?

It's is nice to see 'his' teammate leading the way.
By JustBud
Multi21 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:02 am Lewis' biggest threat is Russell right now. The moaning he displayed in the car where "the team put him in a difficult situation" was spun as heating issues, but we all know that Hamilton wanted Merc to tell Russell to move aside.
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:39 pm What's Lulu going to do about the vagina piercing?

It's is nice to see 'his' teammate leading the way.
:lol2: Scott, I was thinking the same thing, maybe his little blondie gal can help him with that, I'll stick to the welded earring....

I laughed when Princess Whines a lot complained about being in a difficult position..... then George made it easy as he drove away from him...... as I hope he does for the rest of the season.
By SeanR
All of this is squarely on the Mercedes team. They wanted Masi out and now they reap what they sow. Want rules followed? But only certain ones apparently. Screw them.
By Gator_86_951
More Latifi Meme :roflmao:
By Crisis
Qualifying at Imola was a complete shitshow. Will be interesting to see the starting grid for Sunday after today’s sprint.
By David993S
That was a good Sprint race. I would have preferred a LeClerc win. Max's pass highlights why I don't like DRS. Just not a fan of one car having an aerodynamic advantage over another at a critical point. Let cars/drivers race head to head. With Red Bull solving their reliability issue, it's shaping up to be a great season. I'm torn between hoping Max gets his 2nd title, and wanting Ferrari to win both the constructors and drivers title.

Oh yeah..........and the Cry Baby back in 14th. Love it.
By Scott at Team Harco
By the same token, DRS could have been used to Chuck's advantage to repass for the lead. We have already seen, in the first three races, that passing is much easier and more common due to the revised rules. I contend that without DRS we would see parades and more collisions.

I chalk this up to Max saving his tires until the end and jumping Chuck with a couple laps to go. I was actually surprised he didn't do it on the last lap - to counter Chuck's return pass. It seems Chuck took too much out of his tires.

Agree that the season is shaping up nicely and I like what I'm seeing so far.

I was taken by surprise by the revised points payout for sprint race. I thought it was still 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third. Guess I can get used to this. :beerchug:
By David993S
^^ LeClerc very quickly got out of DRS range and couldn't make a re-pass on the last lap. I agree he probably used up his tires.
I still don't like DRS.
By Scott at Team Harco
That's fine - you're a former Formula Ford/ Atlantic(?) driver. You still have to admit, there would not be nearly as much passing without DRS.

By David993S
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:07 pm That's fine - you're a former Formula Ford/ Atlantic(?) driver. You still have to admit, there would not be nearly as much passing without DRS.

2 Formula Fords (Van Diemen and Swift), 2 Continentals (Lola and Reynard) and Atlantic (Reynard). Hey, I didn't have DRS on my Atlantic or Continental cars so no one else should have it either. :wink:
I agree with you Scott that there would be less passing without DRS. Still don't like it.
By Scott at Team Harco
David993S wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:56 pm
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:07 pm That's fine - you're a former Formula Ford/ Atlantic(?) driver. You still have to admit, there would not be nearly as much passing without DRS.

2 Formula Fords (Van Diemen and Swift), 2 Continentals (Lola and Reynard) and Atlantic (Reynard). Hey, I didn't have DRS on my Atlantic or Continental cars so no one else should have it either. :wink:
I agree with you Scott that there would be less passing without DRS. Still don't like it.
I recognize the Swift in your avatar. I thought I recalled the other classes as Atlantic and Continental, but wasn't 100% sure. And you don't have to like DRS. Even though you should.
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]