Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By maddog2020
my factory recirculation housing has been really grungy for a while, and I wanted to just buy a new one but they are NLA. The problem with them is that there is a large flap inside with seals on both sides. I got tired of black bits of the disintegrated foam seals coming out the vents or fall into the passenger footwell.

I decided to cut the grills out so I could get it really good and clean and get new seals in it on both sides of the flap. I plan on using some hexagon grill material to put something back in there after resealing.

this 1st pic is the footwell facing section with the grill area already cut out.

this is the part facing the firewall with one side cut out:

I after more time than I'd care to admit cleaning here it is ready for new seals followed by grill material.
Last edited by maddog2020 on Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By worf
Following with interest ‘cause I have to do that too.

But, that’s the recirculation box. The HVAC box is the assembly with the heater core and evaporator. I *have* restored and tested one of those: very time consuming and I now have enough material to do it 50 times.
By maddog2020
got the grill material cut out. Looks cool but is a total PITA to cut. Cant use dremel, or cutting shears. If you cut one of the 6 sides of the hexigon with wire cutters it deforms 2 rows on each side of the cut, so you have to nibble away at it from the outside shape 2 rows at a time and the 2 rows you are cutting off curl away each time you snip one little piece.

Bottom of the box:

One of the front facing sides.

Seal material should be in tomorrow. I initially tried 1/8" and it was way too thin, 1/4" should do it.
Mrmerlin, Gary Knox, Benno liked this
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]