Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By The Fat Man
I like his avatar... :biggrin:
By Strosek Ultra
Mr. Brown did not like the posting of these pictures.
image.png
image.png
See Teutonic 928 hot rodding thread post # 212.
Åke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By hessank
What does the underside of this intake looks like, or company secret?
An inquiring mind wants to know
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Don Smith
I don’t know, but the top looks like Chevrolet.
By fpena944
Strosek Ultra wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:21 am Mr. Brown did not like the posting of these pictures.
image.png
image.png
See Teutonic 928 hot rodding thread post # 212.
Åke
So what is that in there?

Looks like melted peanut brittle.
By Strosek Ultra
hessank wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:57 pm What does the underside of this intake looks like, or company secret?
An inquiring mind wants to know

image.png
image.png
As a Copycat Mr. Brown has designed this intake manifold to resemble ditto V8 manifolds found on BMW V8, Cayenne V8 and other engines from the 1990s.
From a power point of view, it is placed between the original 928 manifold and ITBs. Attached picture shows the underside of one BMW manifold.
Åke
By hessank
Thanks Åke.
I saw that it resembled the Cayenne V8 that sells for <$200
By Strosek Ultra
maddog2020 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:29 pm https://tapped-performance.myshopify.co ... fold-black

4.8" bore spacing on hemi big block that matches our bore spacing...
122mm bore spacing. Remember the 928 is a german car and everything is metric.
Åke
By maddog2020
Strosek Ultra wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:38 am
maddog2020 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:29 pm https://tapped-performance.myshopify.co ... fold-black

4.8" bore spacing on hemi big block that matches our bore spacing...
122mm bore spacing. Remember the 928 is a german car and everything is metric.
Åke
3 thousands can be ported to match really easily. if the distance between the ports from one bank to the other is close this could be and easy fit especially considering how cheap it is.
By Strosek Ultra
What I meant is that the 928 is built according to the metric system, therefore one should avoid translating measures and dimensions to the imperial system.
Åke
By worf
Strosek Ultra wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:31 am What I meant is that the 928 is built according to the metric system, therefore one should avoid translating measures and dimensions to the imperial system.
I agree. But, good luck with that.

I have, effectively zero SAE tools and work exclusively in metric. It confuses the hell out of people here, even dealer techs.
By maddog2020
I work exclusively with metric but some of the parts on my stroker motor, (rod bolts) are SAE. All of my fuel lines and oil lines are AN-6 or AN-10. When comparing the 928 engine to domestic engines you have to be able to convert metric to sae. The point that I was trying to make is that there are a good number of off the shelf intakes for the 1st gen HEMI engines to find an intake cheaply and make adapters to bolt onto the 928. Every machine shop in the US is based on SAE decimal. no fractions no metric. If you want something machined you start there. The intake above is $600 USD. Have some adapters made and save 5K (again USD) & get the latest intake design and its affordable. Most of us on this forum are in the US, so some of us will use both metric and SAE. Metric or SAE are both units of measurement. The dimensions don't change. US cars now use a mix of both. I'm glad I don't work on those. :deadhorse:
Rear Brake line Seized

Induction heater. https://boltbusterinc.com/ […]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I &quot;think&quot; they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]