Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By G8RB8
Are people who contributed initially on the original project being awarded memberships commiserate with those contributions? How would I know?
By fpena944
G8RB8 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:03 pm Are people who contributed initially on the original project being awarded memberships commiserate with those contributions? How would I know?
Yes everyone who joined in during that first week was given the Lifetime VIP even if you didn't donate. For those that did donate any amount then the "Hall of Fame" is what you've been awarded.

I know it may not be fair to those who donated more than others but right now we don't have enough features to really distinguish and I want to show my appreciation to all.

I still need to sync up the databases because the "Donate" feature uses a different database table than the "Memberships" feature. But I have record of both and will get the Membership table fixed up as soon as I can and then you'll be able to see it in your status.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks for your contribution!
By NCporsche
Is there another route to donate other than Paypal?

They are on my SHIT do not use list.
Gretch liked this
By fpena944
NCporsche wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:51 pm Is there another route to donate other than Paypal?

They are on my SHIT do not use list.
There will be soon. I'm working in getting a merchant account and other methods will then be available. Will keep everyone posted once that happens.
Gretch liked this
By facelvega
Fernando, l could not get any of the buttons on the membership page to do anything, so I just donated $100. I am on an iPad, just checked on a PC and there the membership button populates and activates the PayPal button.

Thanks again for getting this site set up!

While I have your attention.... Would it make sense to have a catch all topic in the public area (perhaps named FYI or PSA) for stuff that we WANT to be searchable by Google? I have a DIY for gun storage that I would like to offer up to the world that I think would be useful, but if I only post it in Armory, only members could see it. This does get into the question of whether we want to drive outside traffic to the site, but I think that to be successful long term, a bigger community is better. Cheers!
By fpena944
facelvega wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:43 pm Fernando, l could not get any of the buttons on the membership page to do anything, so I just donated $100. I am on an iPad, just checked on a PC and there the membership button populates and activates the PayPal button.

Thanks again for getting this site set up!

While I have your attention.... Would it make sense to have a catch all topic in the public area (perhaps named FYI or PSA) for stuff that we WANT to be searchable by Google? I have a DIY for gun storage that I would like to offer up to the world that I think would be useful, but if I only post it in Armory, only members could see it. This does get into the question of whether we want to drive outside traffic to the site, but I think that to be successful long term, a bigger community is better. Cheers!
Thank you so much for your generosity!

With the membership module, the use of it might be a little confusing. You click on the selection you want and it won't do anything but update the amount on the right side. That's then where you click to make it all happen. Is that what you did and it still wasn't responsive?

But in any case I will add you in with the "Hall of Fame" membership.

Going forward I'm looking at a more robust module for membership that will be a little easier and more intuitive.

As for the public content, you read my mind and that's why I created the "Articles" section. Right now we only have an automotive section but I see value in creating topics around anything that the same individuals who appreciate fine machinery like Porsches would also be interested in. The forum is great for ongoing conversation but I think if we want to archive something then the Articles section (and this can be renamed too if we feel it's not representing what it is) is where we can use more sophisticated SEO tools and also it has the ability to create PDFs and social-media shareable links.

I'm actually going to add an "Opinions" section there soon as I have a couple of driving-related topics where I'd like to speak my mind on :)

Thanks again for your support. If you do want to submit anything go to https://openroad.site/pages/articles-home/ and on the bottom there's a button for submitting content. Of course I'll give credit to the author unless you prefer to remain anonymous.

finally found a replacement auto box sump plug, it[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

pictured is the plate that the choke 99961914100 i[…]

the link rod between the motor and the cooling fla[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Gary, hope all is well, and thanks for chiming in.[…]