Four cylinder transaxle cars
By ChrisZ
Quick post, my 944S was having engine problems (turned out to be loose plugs) and in checking all the sensors at the DME I realized it was time to replace the hall sender male plug. It had disintegrated (bad Porsche plastic choices) and the three male pins were stuck in the wiring harness plug with tape holding them in (bad me).

Replacing it seems straightforward, Ian at 944Online has the 3 pin male socket with boot and (very important) new pins. I thought I could use the existing pins (which were fine) but even after using an X-acto knife to move the spring catches out they still would fall out of the new housing.

So had to replace the pins. Which requires cutting the old ones off, stripping a bit of wire off the edge, and crimping on the new ones. Which doesn't work because I don't have an official Bosh crimper so instead I squeezed them with needle nose pliers, then soldered them in in 0c weather.

Truth be told I always solder crimped connections. Because a mechanical connection that is not crimped perfectly can oxidize and come loose over time leading to intermittent faults that will drive me insane. Anyway got them crimped, put back in the connector (in the right order, took a pic before I started to make absolutely sure) and snapped the new socket into the holder on the car.

Looks *much* better now. One little bit at a time as we say...
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]