By JustBud
Yup, seriously, carbon fiber........ (well the cab skeleton is there skinned in CF but the rest of the truck is all carbon.)

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Last edited by JustBud on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JustBud
yellowducman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:32 am I've got a 69 short bed that would be a perfect candidate. Looked at the pricing and I think it will be staying steel.
Honestly I didn't look at pricing, I think subconsciously I was a bit afraid...... :lol2:
By NSXguy
Wow, that's awesome!

Sort of reminds me of the 1st time I saw Ralph Gilles' Hellucination 1968 Charger, when it rolled up at Pasteiner's C&C it blew everyone's mind times eleven!
https://www.thedrive.com/news/carbon-fi ... 1000-hp-v8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XR4Tim, Mitch9000 liked this
By fpena944
JustBud wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:59 pm Yup, seriously, carbon fiber........ (well the cab skeleton is there skinned in CF but the rest of the truck is all carbon.)

What happens with parking lot dings or minor fender benders? Will the CF just shatter and the whole panel has to be replaced?
By JustBud
fpena944 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:08 am
JustBud wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:59 pm Yup, seriously, carbon fiber........ (well the cab skeleton is there skinned in CF but the rest of the truck is all carbon.)

What happens with parking lot dings or minor fender benders? Will the CF just shatter and the whole panel has to be replaced?

My guess is door dings will crack it possibly but fender benders will be catastrophic....and EXPENSIVE!
By sh944
If they could figure out how to integrate the rust concentric areas (cab corners, for example) with carbon fiber replacements, that would be awesome. Doing an entire vehicle in carbon fiber would be very cool, of course, but not real practical when you live with it daily.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]