Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
just picked up the carpet mats i ordered last week from local OPC and was surprised they were in an old style box

then i noticed the date on the old style part number sticker.... :eyepop:

unopened for 33 years until today, and still in perfect condition.
just amazing what they must have stored in their main parts warehouse in Germany.
cheers
Phil
Last edited by h2pmr on Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lupo.sk liked this
By h2pmr
can certainly see the impression of the rear mats on the pile of the front one, luckily a quick hoover sorted it out.

tried suggestions on getting the white paint off the seat, but as i feared it took the blue off easier than the white, so got a few variations of bark blue leather dye and mixed them until i had a good match.
second coat on a couple of days ago and it looks better than i had hoped for in the flesh, and am happy with the colour match of the piping compared to the passenger side seat
seat now back in and that's the interior all back together, but still need a blue Porsche key ring
however hard you clean 36yr old front carpets they just look tired, so the nice new over mats make a vast difference to the interior.
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by h2pmr on Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By linderpat
That’s really cool. Coming along nicely
By h2pmr
i only got 1 key when i bought it so first job was to take some pictures of it just incase i lost it.
then tried to get one cut locally, most said no, some laughed, but 1 company said they knew somebody that cut them.
so gave them the key and a couple of blanks i bought.
3 weeks later they were cut and looked good, got home and tried them, no joy, had a good look at them.
the cuts were right but it was cut as a mirror image to the original :banghead: :banghead:

so after much trying finally got hold of keys4classicss, sent them the pictures and 2 weeks later got 3 new keys that work perfectly :thumbup:

now just needed to get the Silica key to fit into a Porsche key head, i have done it before but its not a job i like doing
lots of masking tape on the blade, a well trued bench grinder, files and small hacksaw and it eventually fitted pretty good.
i got 3 cut just incase i went to far with the bench grinder or snapped it while cutting the middle section out to fit it in the head, but all went according to plan on the first go.
+ new blue key fob.

another small job done :drink:

cheers
Phil
20240407_104813.jpg
20240407_105055.jpg
20240407_104847.jpg
20240407_104824.jpg
20240407_104831.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
worf liked this
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]