By N_Jay
I am looking for someone in the Charlotte NC area who knows how a Porsche is supposed to be fixed.

My DD is a 2012 Cayman that had previously been totaled in a not too severe accident, but the front tub ahead of any suspension mounting points was "straightened" (and not well), rather than replaced.
The front trunk plastic hides most of the sins, and the body panels were replaced with good parts so everything with the trunk closed looks fine.
My plan is to have a shop do a "proper" repair when I no longer need it as my DD.
With that in mind, I want to get an estimate and parts list so over the next couple of years I can do some shopping, so I have all the parts I need without paying "I need it now" prices.

Any one have a suggestion to a shop?
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:03 pm I am looking for someone in the Charlotte NC area who knows how a Porsche is supposed to be fixed.

My DD is a 2012 Cayman that had previously been totaled in a not too severe accident, but the front tub ahead of any suspension mounting points was "straightened" (and not well), rather than replaced.
The front trunk plastic hides most of the sins, and the body panels were replaced with good parts so everything with the trunk closed looks fine.
My plan is to have a shop do a "proper" repair when I no longer need it as my DD.
With that in mind, I want to get an estimate and parts list so over the next couple of years I can do some shopping, so I have all the parts I need without paying "I need it now" prices.

Any one have a suggestion to a shop?
Sorry @N_Jay I saw this and never responded but I do have two shops I can recommend!

The first one is Import Paint and Body: https://importpaintandbody.com/

Years ago I had them fix my 944 S2 fender when some idiot backed into me in a parking lot. They did a great job and made the car look as good as new. The only drawback is that it did take them a few weeks to get the work completed because they tended to be very busy back then. I believe they had contracts from Hendrick and some other high-line dealers.

The next one I used is Carolina Collision Center: https://carolinacollisionctr.com/

This is the one I used when I had a fender-bender in my 996. It was my daily driver so I didn't want it tied up too long which my first choice was busy when I needed them. If I remember correctly the lead tech here used to work for Import Paint and Body so the techniques should be similar and the quality of work to dealer standards.

I'd have no issue recommending both with the first choice having the more solid reputation. But in both cases the work they did was excellent in my opinion. Good luck!

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]