By Airkuhl
The day has come, a Ferrari SUV.

There was a time I would have shaken my fist at the very idea, but the Cayenne changed my mind. It basically funds Porsche and it's a hoot to drive. Lambo has had one out for years now and no one is saying it "dilutes" the brand.

This thing looks great IMO and the suicide doors are a bold move. I'm gonna guess it drives well, costs a hilarious amount of money, and will sell out quickly.

By fpena944
Airkuhl wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:43 pm The day has come, a Ferrari SUV.

There was a time I would have shaken my fist at the very idea, but the Cayenne changed my mind. It basically funds Porsche and it's a hoot to drive. Lambo has had one out for years now and no one is saying it "dilutes" the brand.

This thing looks great IMO and the suicide doors are a bold move. I'm gonna guess it drives well, costs a hilarious amount of money, and will sell out quickly.

With a Lambo SUV going for around $300k it'll be interesting to see what they price this at.

Also wondering if they'll increase production or still limit supply to keep it more exclusive.

I am like you where I hated the idea of Porsche creating an SUV but now after living with a Cayenne Turbo for so many years I'm glad they did it because I was able to stay within the brand for family needs.
By amdavid
Late to the game, like too late.....I don't think they'll do well, not that anyone at Ferrari cares.
By Airkuhl
700hp naturally aspirated V12 with an 8K redline. Not sure I get the point, but I don't care. :rockon:
p11.jpg

I also like how they put all the fiddly bits in front of the passenger and left the driver zone clean.
Purosangue_7-1920x1080.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fast_freddy
Airkuhl wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:08 pm 700hp naturally aspirated V12 with an 8K redline. Not sure I get the point, but I don't care. :rockon:

p11.jpg

I also like how they put all the fiddly bits in front of the passenger and left the driver zone clean.

Purosangue_7-1920x1080.jpg
I think Ferrari is giving the finger to the envirotards with the V12's. Christ, even AMG has caved. Thats why I'm "loading up" on V8 and V12 cars. Not as a collectors item but because they're going the way of Netscape.
By terry997
Probably will be priced at around $400K, it reminds me of my friend's Daytona, but with 2 extra clever doors. I don't need one, and the nearest dealer is in SLC, 5 hours' drive away. I already have more cars than I can drive in a week, but color me a fan.

Freddy is right about the V12 market. This will be a classic.
By Airkuhl
Yeah, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when it was announced, much like when the Cayenne was going to destroy Porsche.

And predictably, they stopped taking any more orders because it's already sold out for at least the next 2-3 years.

I expect to see decked out versions on the secondary market touching a megabuck.
By DAVfoto
I think 290-300 base but most will be kitted from Ferrari at around 380 or up.

Cost will be slightly more than a GTC4lusso.

As far as the mega luxury SUVs, I like the Aston Martin DBX 707, perfect blend of luxury, performance and could easily be a rally vehicle. (sport rallys, not WRC or Dakar)
XR4Tim liked this
By Airkuhl
DAVfoto wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:17 pm I think 290-300 base but most will be kitted from Ferrari at around 380 or up.
Base is $380K right now but may be closer to $400K by the time they ship. Most will be optioned closer to $500K. Books are closed, no more orders are being taken due to massive demand. If you could order one today the soonest it would ship is 2025 but probably 2026, so I believe secondary market will see $1M.
By ranger22
$1M for an SUV seems insane. Hope it brings joy to those buyers.
By UDPride
When Porsche debuted the Cayenne 20yrs ago everybody laughed, but no one laughed harder than the "hard-core true sports car companies" who vowed never to sink so low with embarrassment and sell their souls to the devil by watering down their brand. Porsche was "signing their enthusiast death wish."

Fast forward to 2022 and Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Bentley, and everybody else under the moon is now building an SUV. We will see the same paradigm with the Panamera before its over. Porsche gets dumped on for a few reasons -- some of them wholly earned -- but they have almost always been on the front of the trend curve leading the way whether its models or technologies. The car business is a tough place to make a living. Its far more competitive globally and thinner margins than the old hand-built days. Porsche still has a thick margin but much of that is the deviated stitching and headlight system cleaner covers in exterior color whore dog crowd.

One could make a case that the 986 Boxster and Cayenne saved the company and allows them to keep building the 911 which sells far worse than the Cayenne, Macan, Panamera, and Taycan.

Of course, why do I give a shit. Porsche wouldn't sell me a GT product if I walked in with a steel suitcase full of federal reserves -- one of those reasons that alienates them from their own damn flock. Imagine any other business -- IBM, Coca Cola, Procter and Gamble -- insisting not to sell you a product they could simply make more of just because they dont want to and in spite of it making them even more filthy rich.

We all knows what going on. The dealers sell GT products to the whales at MSRP, the whales agree to park it in the mausoleum for 3 months and put less than 500 miles on it, and then sell it back to the dealer for a $50K premium. The dealer will then sell it for a $100K premium. Its racketeering.
By SidViscous
I thought the exact same thing earlier today when I saw an MX-30
mx30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XR4Tim liked this
By fpena944
SidViscous wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:04 pm I thought the exact same thing earlier today when I saw an MX-30

mx30.png
Once some poser converts his Mazda to an F-car with a kit then Ferrari will sue them and say it's a completely unique design. Should be fun to see how that theoretical situation would turn out.
By lupo.sk
I will let you copy my homework…

UDPride liked this
By DAVfoto
No one look but Lotus and Mclaren are considering SUVs.. The last true Sports car only companies. Possibly just rumors.
By lupo.sk
DAVfoto wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:30 pm No one look but Lotus and Mclaren are considering SUVs.. The last true Sports car only companies. Possibly just rumors.
Considering???

By worf
A Lotus SUV? Huh…

SUVs exist to be daily-drivers.

I would like an existence proof of any Lotus used as a DD.
By DAVfoto
lupo.sk wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:46 am
DAVfoto wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:30 pm No one look but Lotus and Mclaren are considering SUVs.. The last true Sports car only companies. Possibly just rumors.
Considering???

Damn, guess I haven't checked the car news lately. What an ugly POS too..
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]