By fpena944
I went to a tire shop this morning to have them re-bead my spare. Got home and decided to fill it up but now with air it still doesn't quite look right.

What do you guys think? Does this need to be re-beaded again, replaced, or safe to use?

To me it appears like it's not sitting on the rim evenly as I see a gap on one side after filling it to the required 51 psi. Also the sidewall on the inside of the rim seems kind of unusual but maybe I'm just not used to spares.

Any ideas?
By XR4Tim
Doesn't look quite even around the bead, but I bet it would seat itself once you put the vehicle's weight on it. At least it's holding air.
By Scott at Team Harco
XR4Tim wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:41 pm Doesn't look quite even around the bead, but I bet it would seat itself once you put the vehicle's weight on it. At least it's holding air.
That makes sense. The spare probably is stored inboard-down (uninflated). The inner bead probably has rolled slightly. As Tim points out, placing it on the car and rolling down the road will probably square it up.
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:41 pm Doesn't look quite even around the bead, but I bet it would seat itself once you put the vehicle's weight on it. At least it's holding air.
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:56 pm
That makes sense. The spare probably is stored inboard-down (uninflated). The inner bead probably has rolled slightly. As Tim points out, placing it on the car and rolling down the road will probably square it up.
I only drove it about 50 feet from my driveway into the garage. So the Cayenne will sit until Thursday when the new tires come in.

But so far it is holding the weight of the vehicle and keeping air. The spare is so much taller than the 21" tires that are installed so right now the vehicle is sitting a bit higher on the passenger side than elsewhere. It looks crazy!

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]