8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By fpena944
We'll be there on Friday morning as my son will be one of the youth judges who will be scoring the cars!

I'm also bring along some OR goodies so look for the the guy in the Open Road shirt and introduce yourselves.

Look forward to meeting all of you and the festivities. Note we're staying on Fernandina Beach instead of the event hotel but will try to join as many events as I can.
XR4Tim liked this
By Bertrand Daoust
I wish you all have a great time at the various events during this great weekend!

And beautiful weather also...

Keep the pics coming for all of us that can't be there...
By SeanR
Have a great time folks, wish I was there. And now to find out yesterday that the head I'm waiting on to be finished isn't going to be done until next week, so here I sit NOT working again for the next week. Should have said screw it and headed down there.
By fpena944
I'm here but of course don't recognize most of you! I'll be walking around with an Open Road dark blue shirt. If you catch me when I'm in the Corral I'd like to give you a Swag Bag so stop by the grey Cayenne Turbo with the Open Road license plate frame and say HI!

I'll also be around the 928s as well taking photos.
SeanR, chalkboss, Bertrand Daoust and 1 others liked this
By fpena944
I wanted to take more photos but between the weather and time just flying by this is what I was able to capture:

https://openroad.site/pages/2021/05/21/ ... island-fl/

If any of you have a bunch of photos you'd like to share, I can create a gallery for you similar to this page I shared.
SeanR, Bertrand Daoust liked this
By worf
Wow. Gotta wonder how many of the OE bits are left on that one:
XR4Tim wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:55 pm Here's a few from the concours this morning:
By XR4Tim
worf wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:37 pm Wow. Gotta wonder how many of the OE bits are left on that one:
It was a factory sponsored race car from '86, but the turbo 4 was swapped out for a V8 later on in its career. I didn't recognize any of the interior from my street cars.
By worf
XR4Tim wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:44 pm
worf wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:37 pm Wow. Gotta wonder how many of the OE bits are left on that one:
It was a factory sponsored race car from '86, but the turbo 4 was swapped out for a V8 later on in its career. I didn't recognize any of the interior from my street cars.
‘bought the only thing that’s recognizable is the greenhouse.

A long time ago, in a bedroom far, far away...

... I had a poster of a cutaway view of the XR4i. (note lack of ‘t’)
XR4Tim liked this
By XR4Tim
One more set of pics from the concours:
Big thanks to @jej3 and the 928 Owners' Club for a very well-organized weekend. I know I would have participated more had I stayed at the hotel, but it just made more sense for my wife and I to be on the island. I enjoyed meeting you guys!
TheDeckMan liked this
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:39 am One more set of pics from the concours:
Big thanks to @jej3 and the 928 Owners' Club for a very well-organized weekend. I know I would have participated more had I stayed at the hotel, but it just made more sense for my wife and I to be on the island. I enjoyed meeting you guys!
I echo the above!

I was juggling wife and 7-year old boy. But now I know for next time what to expect and how to take full advantage of the festivities. Look forward to the next one!
By JBRob007
Now THAT is how you throw a Rendezvous! Trey & Scott went above & beyond! The swag bag was PACKED with goodies & bourbon. The Aloft hotel staff was VERY accommodating with hoses, etc, for car washing. We even had a portable vacuum on hand. Werks was too cool. Cars & Coffee car show was awesome. The Concours was a once in a lifetime event and other than a little rain on Saturday the weather was superb!

Thanks again to Trey, Scott and their families for EVERYTHING!!! P.s. Keep your eye out for the next Pano... 928 Rendezvous Sharks Circling Amelia Island will be featured 😎
fpena944, XR4Tim liked this
By jej3
Hey Everyone - 

Check out what these guys have to say about the 928 @ Amelia Island Werks Reunion!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/livestrea ... n-seminar/

Start around the 40 minute mark and they talk for 8 or 9 minutes.

If you don't think we got the attention of some folks, you might want to watch this video!

They're in love with @VanD 's 79 and there are some solid mentions of other cars but mostly our owners!
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By jej3
From that other forum...

Quote:
"I think we ought to descend on Werks Reunion every year to keep our impression on PCA going. We got great recognition!"

Me: If 928 owners will come, we'll organize another and improve upon this year's event.

BTW - expect to hear from me for next year's event in August (T-minus 35 days)!
By JBRob007
Get-R-Done… and bring her to Frenzy 25 in Dulles, VA, on Sept 24 & 25.
By JBRob007
Centerfold + 4 pages of 928 content & pictures. Lots of great quotes from the owners. I wrote almost every word of Mike’s and my comments (I’m Mike’s Ghostwriter). Dave Mathews showed us a ton of respect and is very close to buying a 928 S4 or GT. He loved the cars and the owners 👍👍
Rear Brake line Seized

Yes, not the easiest job I have done. Should get t[…]

Hey everyone! revisiting an old thread to finall[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]