8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By SeanR
We had someone that used to make them with out the barbs, which are not needed since it's not a pressure line. Those will work just fine though.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:43 pm We had someone that used to make them with out the barbs, which are not needed since it's not a pressure line. Those will work just fine though.
Yeah.

See my very, very first post on ToS ‘round 1999 where I was announcing the second batch and looking for pre-orders.

I made 4 or 5 runs of 50 - 100 per batch of those with the earliest batch ‘round 1998. Nicole used to resell them if I had extra.

Copying a factory part and using better materials isn’t original conception.
By SeanR
worf wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:12 pm
SeanR wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:43 pm We had someone that used to make them with out the barbs, which are not needed since it's not a pressure line. Those will work just fine though.
Yeah.

See my very, very first post on ToS ‘round 1999 where I was announcing the second batch and looking for pre-orders.

I made 4 or 5 runs of 50 - 100 per batch of those with the earliest batch ‘round 1998. Nicole used to resell them if I had extra.

Copying a factory part and using better materials isn’t original conception.
I think her Hooked-on-cars was where I got the handful of them I had. Still have one left but couldn't find it today so didn't post the picture of it.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:55 pm I think her Hooked-on-cars was where I got the handful of them I had. Still have one left but couldn't find it today so didn't post the picture of it.
LoL. Then that was one of mine.
By worf
For completeness sake, I have no issue with potdog's copy of the OE y-connector. If I was still making them and potdog copied them and offered them without any communication with me, then I'd be somewhat miff'd. But, only somewhat since it was just a copy of factory part with new materials. I can certainly imagine that if I'd "tooled up" to make these at some expense that I'd be somewhat-more miff'd. On the other hand, I couldn't exactly have patented these.

Oh, and when I did the first run I sold them at cost plus shipping. I "made" money on the round-off error. After that I did pre-orders at that "price" but added (IIRC) $5 for orders after the batch was made.

For the second batch I talked with Mark, D.R., (and maybe later with Roger) and none of them would resell the part because they'd need to sell it for $50 and who would buy it when the factory part was $2.95 (but broke instantly sometimes.) LoL. Roger's price was $50.

Inflation I guess.

Bottom line: I've bought one or three of @ROG100 's copy's a while back. (I think it was Roger and I don't know if he's still offering them.) I'd buy from either Roger or potdog. But, I'd bet shipping from Jolly'Ole would be a killer.

I dug through my archive of bits and found a scan of a fax of the original AutoCad drawing from 1998. (I did put it on my current "letter head" with a watermark so that if it gets passed around it is more difficult to pass it off as original(*) work though.)

(*) Careful viewers may note that it's not even my "original" work...

By Sazerac
Yup, you're certainly late to the party PotDog.

I have one of Worf's new old stock that would have been installed in about 2013.
By potdog
Not REALLY been supplying Roger from May 2019 so all people thats bought one will have been made by me

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]