8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
a first attempt at a replica of a 92862404900, a protection plate that fits behind the tail gate opening motor, i guess to stop potential damage to it or the warning triangle itself when the warning triangle is removed/ refitted.
its NLA from Porsche.
genuine Porsche one on the left, mine on the right, just need to get the indentations deeper on the next one, then stick a few on ebay, should sell like hot cakes...
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
worf liked this
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote:Think I can show this without being called a copy cat by someone.
Åke
plenty of knowledge without the ego's = a far more easy going forum in my opinion :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Strosek Ultra liked this
By h2pmr
innards of an in tank fuel pump
By worf
Strosek Ultra wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:06 am Think I can show this without being called a copy cat by someone.
Nice. What are you doing for a pickup tube spacer.

Edit: Forgot picture…

(Oh, BTW, if you want to post a bunch of pictures, this site’s thread navigation and pagination work better when it’s one to three pictures per post.)

By h2pmr
Crumpler wrote:Image
water cooled intercooler?
By Crumpler
Bingo Phil :)

It’s a small core but the only place I could get an intercooler to fit. The centrifugal SC was heat soaking badly.
By worf
XR4Tim wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:56 pm ... pic ...
NOS right-side parcel shelf?

By worf
Quiz:

By h2pmr
no need to get the apprentice to try and make some out of a cut off bolt head, i have a few spare if you need any :thumbup:
other than that i am out of ideas :surrender:
cheers
Phil
By worf
@Rdon Your picture: $1000 of pain.

Rdon wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:09 pm “Flappy valve” stop
Correct!

Mrmerlin liked this
By Rdon
worf wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 pm @Rdon Your picture: $1000 of pain.

Fortunately, the pump is operational. Removed it specifically to check for a broken hose and was not disappointed. No drama with the threaded insert, replacement hose and clamps installed and now, theoretically, one less thing that could leave me on the side of the road.
Crumpler liked this
By Strosek Ultra
Things does not always go well. In this case fabricating a new wrist pin bushing is all what was needed except for a new wrist pin.
Åke
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote:Image
Things does not always go well. In this case fabricating a new wrist pin bushing is all what was needed except for a new wrist pin.
Åke[/quote

interested to know more about what happened to that wrist pin
cheers
Phil
By h2pmr
/\ /\ /\ /\
so i guess he's not perfect after all
cheers
Phil
By Strosek Ultra
h2pmr wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:42 am /\ /\ /\ /\
cheers
Phil
Nobody is perfect. I do not know how involved he was in this disaster.
You can read more here (page 7).
https://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/s ... ing-thread
Åke
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote:
h2pmr wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:42 am /\ /\ /\ /\
cheers
Phil
Nobody is perfect. I do not know how involved he was in this disaster.
You can read more here (page 7).
https://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/s ... ing-thread
Åke
thanks for the thread link, i thought it was a recent, road car engine failure but still sadly 1 less useable engine block in the world.
cheers
Phil
By h2pmr
before i get my micrometer out, does anybody know what size bearing or generic part number of it, that fits in the A/C compressor front pulley?
compressor is the 80-89 version.
cheers
Phil
By Strosek Ultra
image.png
This bearing is a double row angular contact ball bearing. This bearing is usually used in AC compressor / compressors on vehicles, where by the additional names as AC bearing and Kompressor bearing.
FULL DESIGNATION: AC 35x55x20
( d ) INNER DIAMETER: 35 mm
( D ) OUTER DIAMETER: 55 mm
( B ) WIDTH: 20 mm
Åke
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote:
image.png
This bearing is a double row angular contact ball bearing. This bearing is usually used in AC compressor / compressors on vehicles, where by the additional names as AC bearing and Kompressor bearing.
Åke
perfect, many thanks Ake :thumbup:
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote: This bearing is a double row angular contact ball bearing. This bearing is usually used in AC compressor / compressors on vehicles, where by the additional names as AC bearing and Kompressor bearing.
Åke
sadly the 80-89 A/C compressor use a bearing 40 x 62 x 24, not quite as easy to find though
By h2pmr
i think part number of the bearing is 40BG62020-2DLCS, will order 1 and see if it fits.
cheers
Phil
By Bertrand Daoust
A 928 meet today in Montréal.
Thanks Andy!
A lot of fun with great owners.
And two very special guests!
amdavid liked this
By Strosek Ultra
h2pmr wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:21 pm i think part number of the bearing is 40BG62020-2DLCS, will order 1 and see if it fits.
cheers
Phil
The bearing you need is called 40BD219.
Can be found on Ebay or here https://www.bearingwholesalelots.com/40 ... on-com.htm
The bearing you mentioned is 20,6mm wide.
Åke
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192305821780?h ... BMhJDStOVg
image.png
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote:
h2pmr wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:21 pm i think part number of the bearing is 40BG62020-2DLCS, will order 1 and see if it fits.
cheers
Phil
Can be found on Ebay or here https://www.bearingwholesalelots.com/40 ... on-com.htm
Åke
image.png
ah yes, managed to cancel that one and get one the correct size, thank you Ake.
By SeanR
30 sets are ready to ship. Sorry for the wait boys and girls.
image.png
By h2pmr
Strosek Ultra wrote:
cheers
Phil
Åke
fitted the bearing yesterday and fits like a glove, many thanks.
Strosek Ultra liked this
By h2pmr
lack of use in the UK
By h2pmr
N/A to auto owners
By h2pmr
more slightly unsafe corrosion
By worf
Stay in your grove you mutha!@#$ing gasket!

When you get a cam cover gasket that was rolled into a little ball for shipping:

By worf
928 Frenzy. Last Saturday.

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]