8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Strosek Ultra
New tires also call for new shocks.
Åke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By grepin
Tony wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:45 pm Image
Would you know what colour those wheels are?

Thanks
By Don Smith
From the “ Wayback Machine”, a small gathering of 928’s
XR4Tim liked this
By Don Smith
The reason why the guys were at my house, was because I was parting out my old black 88 S4, that had a car b q. Any time you gtg with the guys, it is always a good time
And... here is the photo, of the carcass.
By Adamant1971
Brake lines and power line removed. Almost ready for paint.
By Don Smith
Kind of quiet in here, so I just wanted to throw out a photo of my car glistening in the sun, a few months back. Now in storage till April(winter is going to be long....sigh)
By h2pmr
found some more from the photo shoot :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
I finally have some spare hours to get back to this non-real-time project:

(Yes, you are correct: the caliper pistons were omitted from the above picture. But, they did get installed.)

By h2pmr
freshly overhauled and ready for ebay.
cheers
Phil
By linderpat
Sadly, away for the winter slumber

By worf
h2pmr wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:40 am freshly overhauled and ready for ebay.
Phil, you of course replace all six bearings and the o-rings. Have you found a replacement source for the graphite sliders?

By h2pmr
worf wrote:
h2pmr wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:40 am freshly overhauled and ready for ebay.
Phil, you of course replace all six bearings and the o-rings. Have you found a replacement source for the graphite sliders?

only the 2 pumps pictured with the thumb part of a rubber glove over the ports actually have the blades installed, gloves are there to show anybody that when the pulley is turned there is good suck and blow in the pump
the other 2 i left the blades and sliders etc out, i explain this when i list them on ebay, but who would know the difference, it just looks good to have all 4 belts on the engine at shows etc
but i use acrylic sheet cut down and round the edges off when i do install the blades, not a quick job.

i have just bought 2 more pumps and will start a thread in a week or so- depending on when the pumps turn up- on how i refurb them from start to finish with plenty of pictures, will give me something to do over the Christmas period.

but let me know if you don't want me to as i don't want to potentially affect any sales of your pumps

pictured below is the first pump i ever did and then saw, as you know, those sliders are worn out

cheers
Phil
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 am.
but let me know if you don't want me to as i don't want to potentially affect any sales of your pumps
:lol2: go right ahead. You will not be taking food from my table. But, thanks for the consideration.

Air pumps are not “required” for practical purposes in the U.S. outside of a few states with Nazi regulations enforced by Nazis (cough… CA… cough CO…) Air pump removal is a standard DIY practice.

So… there is essentially zero demand for air pumps. I’ve rebuilt a few for folks that want them serviceable and on the shelf or because the car lives in a Nazi state and is required for inspection purposes.

By h2pmr
the pumps should be with me by the 24th so should get a start over the Christmas break.

more people seem to want to get their cars back to 100% stock nowadays, sold about 5 pumps last year.
i think it looks like a cared for 928 if there are 4 belts on.
+ as you know the alternator and power steering belts have to be on and tight which holds the crank pulled in that direction which can over time wear the front crank main bearing.
if alternator pull =50% and power steering =50%
A/C compressor =70% air pump =30%
every little helps keeping crank held in the center

and if i don't post again before the big day ,i am wishing all on this forum a happy and healthy Christmas :beerchug:

cheers
Phil
By bjruth

1980 Euro 928s 5-speed.
Last edited by bjruth on Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By UKKid35
Static is Great

But Dynamic is Best

By UKKid35
Crumpler wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:32 pm In addition nice apex!
Sometimes you don't want to hit the apex

Oh well, live and learn...

Gary Knox liked this
By Crumpler
Minor!
Good recovery btw.
I tend to blame the tires when I do it;)
I also have never tracked in the rain, I had an option once. they said you can “learn” a lot. I said, nah I’m good lol.

Car sounds great too.
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 am ... the other 2 i left the blades and sliders etc out, i explain this when i list them on ebay, but who would know the difference, it just looks good to have all 4 belts on the engine at shows etc
It took me a couple of hours to fully process the brilliance of this -^. Seriously.

I've never "liked" seeing a 928 without the A/P belt knowing that the the non-cat 928s had an idler pulley to balance the force on the crank nose.

But, since all these air pumps *will* seize due to the bearings ingesting the bits of those graphite sliders, rebuilding them without the "pump" makes beautiful sense (for some folks.)

By Crumpler
I feel like we gotta keep our post counts up:()
This is a local guy I have been talking to that bought a S3 turbo. Apparently from a guy that made a limited number of kits back in the day?
Anybody recognize?
By h2pmr
:thumbup:
By UKKid35
Spotted on Christmas Day

This is a really clean 928S

The paintwork looks great to me, and the interior was pretty good too

Later on we saw them driving so waved like loons

They slowed and paused to let us take photos

XR4Tim, hernanca liked this
By linderpat
blumaxx ornament.jpg
Gary Knox liked this
By Sazerac
h2pmr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 am
only the 2 pumps pictured with the thumb part of a rubber glove over the ports actually have the blades installed, gloves are there to show anybody that when the pulley is turned there is good suck and blow in the pump
the other 2 i left the blades and sliders etc out, i explain this when i list them on ebay, but who would know the difference, it just looks good to have all 4 belts on the engine at shows etc
Phil, brilliant idea! The proof that less is sometimes more!! I love it!

Obligatory picture from recent timing belt tension check:

"My favorite long wrench in the shop: Hazet 600N"
worf, XR4Tim liked this
By Tony
to answer the previous question..wheels are Satin bronze chrome metallic with a gloss black inner drum

Gary Knox, hernanca liked this
By h2pmr
and this was the second attempt :confused: , the first was :poop:
but he is just a young boy learning his trade at the local sign writers, and had never even heard of a Porsche 928...
By JMW928
Winter detailing project well underway.
7DE8F50A-5A67-431D-8925-03C6A4407FE5.jpeg
4181FAA8-BECC-48C5-BC47-84946863507C.jpeg
C6718FF6-92B0-4A01-9D58-01BFD9EAE47D.jpeg
95C8B698-8175-4573-B407-D82845222A3E_1_201_a.jpeg
hernanca, Gary Knox, XR4Tim and 2 others liked this
By hernanca
XR4Tim, what wheels and finish is that? Great looking setup on your car IMO.
By XR4Tim
hernanca wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 pm XR4Tim, what wheels and finish is that? Great looking setup on your car IMO.
Not my car, unfortunately, but I believe it's Garnet Red, and the wheels look like ROH wheels to me.
hernanca liked this
By h2pmr
SE piston + custom exhaust on the orange one
XR4Tim, hernanca, amdavid liked this
By worf
Winter engine build. Picture from the end of the "before" stage. After pictures in about 2 months. Maybe some after before but before after pictures in between.

Dropped the heads and stuff off at my machine shop guy. He's got a new toy: CnC cylinder honing machine. Pretty cool. Spent some time talking about what we'd do when I get an 928 engine that must have cylinder block work.

hernanca liked this
By JMW928
Do you think my resonator’s sexy? :biggrin: It shined up quite nicely with Mother’s Mag & Aluminum Polish. Image
Crumpler, hernanca, XR4Tim and 1 others liked this
By worf
JMW928 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:45 pm Do you think my resonator’s sexy? :biggrin: It shined up quite nicely with Mother’s Mag & Aluminum Polish.
It is sexy.

How about these brake hydraulic lines?

JMW928, hernanca liked this
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]