8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By hernanca
I have been going back and forth on what wheels to put on my 86.5 stroked 928. From Gemballa Le Mans (still have them) to finding an Azev Type B to look at (got one from Germany). Part of this is a result of the bummer of several of us having lost half our wheel money on the 18 inch Phone Dial effort. That was a real buzz-kill and I have felt a bit lost on the wheel front since.

And then Augment Wheels enters the picture. (Clouds part, warm yellow sun streams in, birds chirp, babe with California walk... - you get the picture). I have been talking with them off and on over the last two years. Most of you know they make a very nice 944-style 17 inch Phone Dial wheel as well as a very nice 18 inch Phone Dial. You probably also know that Augment offers not only forged alloy wheels in both monoblock and multi-piece designs, but also Magnesium as a materials option.

What very few of you know, however, is that Augment has been refining a process to produce wheels using Carbon Fiber. Based on our discussions, their final solution is a very practical and solid process. I am fortunate enough to have placed an order for one of their first sets (not THE first, however). Like the rest of the Augment Wheels, they provide an excellent price for what you are getting, whether forged alloy, magnesium, or this new carbon fiber option. The toughest part of this for me was deciding on the design. You probably think you know what I came up with, so without further ado, here is the rendering I approved for my new Augment Carbon Fiber wheels:
:rockon:
<<Error uploading image. The file size may be too large>>
By worf
If there has ever been a thread that is worthless without pictures…

Buzz kill dude.

Resize your gi-monstrous pictures :nono:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

If their CF wheels are ‘reasonable’ then I may be able to put some of my ‘refund’ to use finally!
By worf
Working...

hernanca liked this
By h2pmr
hernanca wrote:Still resizing. Hold on...
as the Bishop said to the actress...
worf, hernanca liked this
By worf
I’m callin’ it: April Fools Joke :byewave: :tongue: :kickbutt:
By hernanca
Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Didn't even cross my mind!

Ya know, some of us have to punch a clock!

Sheeesh, conspiracy theorists...

Almost there... You're gonna Love it, promise!
By hernanca
hernanca wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:39 am You probably think you know what I came up with
But you-ah would-ah be-ah wrong-ah:
CF TB 2.jpg
Happy AF's Day!!!! :hiding:

Inspirations:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
h2pmr, Crumpler, Don Smith liked this
By worf
Ronal Teddy Bear wheel: Was an actual wheel in 15” (IIRC, maybe 14”) you could get in the 90s.

And I was right.

I say…. hang’im…
By worf
14”s
By hernanca
I like how the Ronal wheels (and copies) put the center cap bolt at the belly button.

worf wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:01 pm I say…. hang’im…
What!?! After letting you guys in on this Super-Secret sleeper mod!? Sheeesh! Why do I even try!? :bigcry:
By worf
hernanca wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:12 pm What!?! After letting you guys in on this Super-Secret sleeper mod!? Sheeesh! Why do I even try!? :bigcry:
Worf and Aprils Fools Jokes:

hernanca, milrad liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]