By fpena944
Down here in Florida these are everywhere and they also make me turn around to see what just went by:

https://youtu.be/QwWe_TCopW8

What about all of you, what's your favorite sounding 'merica car?
By SidViscous
Hemi challenger hands down.

Not that there is anything wrong with the mustang.
By amdavid
Yeah, definitely one of the 2 mentioned.....that coyote in the mustang sounds a little more high strung, which I like, the hemi just sounds like a monster ready for the hammer.
XtremeRaptor18 liked this
By XtremeRaptor18
Love any V-8, really, and it makes me wish Ford had put a supercharged 5.0 into the Gen2 Raptor because the V-6 hasn't really grown on me or at least made the turbo whine noticeable like it is in my Powerstroke. Now, I will say that the most wicked V-8 I have ever owned was my '03 6.0 Powerstroke with a full 5" exhaust on it with supporting mods - that thing roared!
By linderpat
My 06 Mustang GT with Ford Racing Performance exhaust and mufflers was second best I've heard from American Muscle. My favorite was my 12 Boss 302 Laguna Seca.
By JDS968
Charger 392. The longer exhaust makes the 392 sound better than the Challenger. Way deeper and more rumble than the Coyote or LS/LT series. I think it sounds a little better than the 6.2L Hellcat/Redeye motor, and I'm not a big fan of the twin screw supercharger whine.
By SeanR
Congrats on the new car.

Spent all day Satuday at COTA for the SVRA classic car races and had a blast. One thing of note, you could tell which of the early Mustangs had swapped in a new engine from the latest cars. The sounds were what one expects from a 'stang. Loud, high pitched, revvy and raspy. And quick. The cars with original engines were deep and throaty. I have to say though, for best sounding American Muscle, it's got to be the C2/C3 vettes with the big blocks in them. They were out running the re-engine'd Mustangs.

I took a ton of video and apparently didn't get any of what I'm describing above. If one of our guys got it I'll see if he can send it to me.
By AKSteve
XtremeRaptor18 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:41 pm Love any V-8, really, and it makes me wish Ford had put a supercharged 5.0 into the Gen2 Raptor because the V-6 hasn't really grown on me or at least made the turbo whine noticeable like it is in my Powerstroke.
I have Gen 2 Raptor and I really hated the stock exhaust sound. Putting a Borla S-Type exhaust on it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's still nice and mellow when you're putting around town, but when you really lay on the throttle, the thing just wails.

I don't have any of my own videos, but this should give you an idea of the difference between stock and the Borla S-Type:

By mussberger
fpena944 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm
mussberger wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:08 am I had to have one of these.

Woah, tell us more!
It's a 2016 350r that has never been titled. It originated from the dealer in National City (San Diego) who kept it around for whatever reason. I came across it in Massachusetts of all places. I know I hear a lot about the earlier cars not being as good of cars as the later ones but this ticked all the boxes. It came with the little display model of the flat plane crank and all the other delivery items that rarely make it to the second owner. The manuals are still shrink wrapped from the factory.

According to the production stats this is one of 20 in yellow from 2016 out of approximately 600 "R" models.

I bought it as a drive it to the track and drive it home car. It's going to see a wee bit of hammering.
SeanR, CBEJBL, TheDeckMan liked this
By CBEJBL
Always thought the basic Mustang GT had the best sound. However, recently added a Dodge Challenger 392 to the garage and have been very impressed with the exhaust note! Absolutely love its wide body look too.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
I've had my 350 going on 7 years now. Only American car I've owned in 43 years of driving.
TheDeckMan liked this
By fpena944
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:54 pm I've had my 350 going on 7 years now. Only American car I've owned in 43 years of driving.
Gorgeous! Upload some audio clips if you're able the :biggrin:

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]