General discussions related to cars and driving
By GaryAZ
I'm too lazy to detail my car now. I got a guy who does drive-up service. Pretty solid work. He forgot the jambs in the sunroof but no big deal. First thing he power washed the driveway to remove the fallen leaves and dirt.

At Thanksgiving it will be 20 years since I picked up my car.

David993S liked this
By fpena944
GaryAZ wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:42 am I'm too lazy to detail my car now. I got a guy who does drive-up service. Pretty solid work. He forgot the jambs in the sunroof but no big deal. First thing he power washed the driveway to remove the fallen leaves and dirt.

At Thanksgiving it will be 20 years since I picked up my car.

Looks great and congratulations on reaching that milestone! I'm going on 14 years with my 996.

I've used both mobile detailing and "leave it there" styles. The latter did a bit more but I have no complaints about the first one either.

My poor 996 hasn't been washed in about 6 weeks. BUT it's also because I've been using the Cayman almost exclusively lately.
GaryAZ liked this
By amdavid
@GaryAZ That's a purrdy 996! They have grown on me over the years....it looks fantastic.
By GaryAZ
amdavid wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 am @GaryAZ That's a purrdy 996! They have grown on me over the years....it looks fantastic.
Thanks. It's a good machine without many electronic nannies like stability control. I've made a few tweaks over the years, some good, some I don't like so much. For cosmetic, It's got PSS9s so it's lower than stock. I have some negative camber dialed into the fronts because the stock set-up would understeer like a pig at the track. It came with 17" rims which I replaced with the 18" turbo twists. There's wheel spacers on it to fill out the wheel wells a bit. I have Nitto NT01 tires which are very sticky. Not much good in the rain but it doesn't rain much here.

The detailer was able to buff some dings out that I thought were permanent. That was cool.
amdavid liked this
By amdavid
GaryAZ wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:46 pm
amdavid wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 am @GaryAZ That's a purrdy 996! They have grown on me over the years....it looks fantastic.
Thanks. It's a good machine without many electronic nannies like stability control. I've made a few tweaks over the years, some good, some I don't like so much. For cosmetic, It's got PSS9s so it's lower than stock. I have some negative camber dialed into the fronts because the stock set-up would understeer like a pig at the track. It came with 17" rims which I replaced with the 18" turbo twists. There's wheel spacers on it to fill out the wheel wells a bit. I have Nitto NT01 tires which are very sticky. Not much good in the rain but it doesn't rain much here.

The detailer was able to buff some dings out that I thought were permanent. That was cool.
PSS9/10's are a necessity on the 964/993, and I image the same on the 996.....car immediately transformed.
GaryAZ liked this
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]