Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By fpena944
Ran across this video while YouTube browsing and although long, wow what a good one to watch.

The focus is on the Lambo but in reality it also gives a detailed history of the Cannonball Run and how instrumental Brock Yates was in organizing the event.

It was a really interesting look back in history and I could imagine how awful those 55 MPH limits must have been. Glad someone like Yates was doing all he can to fight the limits and put up such a legendary event.

Worth watching even if just for the sounds the Lambo makes!

User2, XR4Tim liked this
By XR4Tim
I enjoyed it. It seemed like it was 1/3 about the history of the actual cannonball event, 1/3 about the movie, and 1/3 about the Countach. I know a couple of cannonballers, and have seen many of the record-setting cars. They were right that a Countach would have made a horrible cannonball car in real life, but it did make for good footage for the movie!
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:56 am I enjoyed it. It seemed like it was 1/3 about the history of the actual cannonball event, 1/3 about the movie, and 1/3 about the Countach. I know a couple of cannonballers, and have seen many of the record-setting cars. They were right that a Countach would have made a horrible cannonball car in real life, but it did make for good footage for the movie!
That's also what I liked about it as it sort of had a little bit of everything packed into that hour.

Overall I've been told the Countach is a horrible car - but iconic and still probably worth the punishment it puts the driver through!
XR4Tim liked this
Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]