Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By Multi21
ranger22 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:04 pm Coming back to this, I wasn’t trying to say Bathurst was better. Just sharing another great racing finish of recent times. The Rolex 24 was really great this year!
You know, one never knows how someone else interprets something so I just took the video you posted up, watch it from start to finish and enjoyed it. Personally, I thought the 24 was more interesting because of the 2 Pcar factory teammates literally bumped, rubbed and ran with each other for many laps and then almost collecting Colton Herta who had just make the pass for the lead on in LMP2 and was trying to gap the P2 car. It was great driving all around from everyone. But if you're going to post up great race videos, no one is stopping you. :beerchug:
By fpena944
Multi21 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:30 pm
ranger22 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:04 pm Coming back to this, I wasn’t trying to say Bathurst was better. Just sharing another great racing finish of recent times. The Rolex 24 was really great this year!
You know, one never knows how someone else interprets something so I just took the video you posted up, watch it from start to finish and enjoyed it. Personally, I thought the 24 was more interesting because of the 2 Pcar factory teammates literally bumped, rubbed and ran with each other for many laps and then almost collecting Colton Herta who had just make the pass for the lead on in LMP2 and was trying to gap the P2 car. It was great driving all around from everyone. But if you're going to post up great race videos, no one is stopping you. :beerchug:
Agreed, any good finish is worth sharing for sure!

Also I don't remember which vehicle but one of the prototypes got cut off and basically off-roaded for about 6-7 seconds before going back on track. Not sure if they got penalized for taking the shortcut but it was pretty funny to see him just continue going forward and then get back on track like nothing ever happened. :rockon:
By Multi21
fpena944 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 pm
Multi21 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:30 pm
Agreed, any good finish is worth sharing for sure!

Also I don't remember which vehicle but one of the prototypes got cut off and basically off-roaded for about 6-7 seconds before going back on track. Not sure if they got penalized for taking the shortcut but it was pretty funny to see him just continue going forward and then get back on track like nothing ever happened. :rockon:
That was actually the battle for the lead in LMP2. The lead prototype did not get cut off but Colton Herta took to the inside on approach to the bus stop chicane and as we saw with the 2 PCars, 2 doesn't go into 1.

Here's the highlight video. The incident above in at the 34:50 min.

By Scott at Team Harco
Short version of the GTDP ending.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]