8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Stepson
This upcoming DFW first Saturday Breakfast will be at Southern Recipe Grill in North Arlington FEBRUARY 5, 2022 at 8am !!!

Southern Recipes Grill
2715 North Collins
Arlington, Texas 76006

We have no idea how many folks will attend, but if you don't feel safe out of your house, we all will understand. If you are sick or do not feel well, please do not attend.
We would love to see you and your car, but not at the expense of the health of others. Nobody NEEDS the Omichron, the Delta Variant, or even the original 19, so if you have questions about your own health, please don't make the rest of us question ours! :)

And as always, you don't have to drive a 928 or even own one to attend this breakfast, but we would all love to see your car with you in it.

This is the second breakfast of 2022 and we look forward to seeing everyone as always. Please come and share your projects with the group. There is a typically a lot of 928 knowledge at these events. If your 928 is not drivable, drive what you can to get there and we can discuss the issues your 928 currently presents.

See you there!

Note to moderators: Please do NOT sticky
By ALKada
I do believe I’m behind in making this fine breakfast. I’ll put it on the calendar and bring the 928 with its new fuel tank and tie rods, ball joints. ;)
By Stepson
Excellent to have both of you: Fox and Sparky :)

I'm trying to get an 86 S2 legal for it's maiden breakfast.
We will see if I can make it happen.

It's going to be cold for us this Saturday. The 928s will like the cold....a lot!
By Fox_
Drove the 928 eight hours north today, about half way realizing I was racing a winter storm.
By Stepson
In light of the winter storm, we had a really good turnout. Seven of us braved the ice and cold to enjoy the camaraderie and extoll the virtues of the 928. Six of us made the breakfast and Fox was on his way when he hit a slick spot at the exit and spun up into a icy grass lawn from which he was unable to extricate his car without assistance. He is okay, but his 928 suffered a small right rear corner dent and some banged up wheels. But nothing that cannot be fixed. It was good to see him, even though his 928 rode into the restaurant parking lot on a flatbed to unload.
By Fox_
He sold me out! :hitfan:

I spun my 928 into a wall and all I got was this lousy dent.

Twelve hours in the 928 over three days and the last 3000' ruined it.
PXL_20220205_232005041.jpg
Expensive lesson learned: Don't touch brakes on shady spot on exit ramp when icy. I have never had a car come around that fast, and I've played on the ice before.

Have a hefty stupid tax to help me consider the consequences of my actions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fox_ on Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By maddog2020
Fox_ wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:04 pm He sold me out! :hitfan:

I spun my 928 into a wall and all I got was this lousy dent.

Twelve hours in the 928 over three days and the last 3000' ruined it.

PXL_20220205_232005041.jpg
That'll buff right out.
By Fox_
All things considered I got out -remarkably- lucky.

Other than the body work, and curbed rim, that I was planning to replace anyways, I can't find anything else wrong with it.

Not even a vibration.
By Stepson
An excellent outcome considering the circumstances. You were not injured personally and your car wasn't damaged to the point that it could not be driven. A relatively small dent and an abundance of new knowledge that you can move forward with.

Don't forget to PM your address, so I can send you that turn signal lens.

Seriously glad that you are OK
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]