By worf
Subject is a good summary.

BaT - in its infancy and "teenage" years - used to be a place where you could sell a project car. Hence "bring a trailer."

No longer is that the case it seem unless it's pieces of a Ferrari.

I don't want to waste time with BaT since they have rejected three (100%) of my previous submissions for cars that were not project cars (at all.)

I have an '88 16V Scirocco. Cosmetically in pretty-good shape. Mechanically in need of restoration. Runs (on 3 of 4 cylinders due to lack of fuel to one hole) but has an internal transaxle issue that prevents the clutch from operating.

I will never "get to it" so it's time for it to go.

I'm not looking for a ton of money. I'm more interested in finding it a home with someone that wants to restore it or part it to enable a better Scirocco to continue on the road. (Mine has a lot of good parts on it despite needing a lot of TLC.)

So... the question is:

What's the over/under on a good place to present it?

I have some of my own ideas but wanted to hear from the collective.
By amdavid
If your local craigslist is worthy, put it on as a "mechanics special". Add the obligatory sentence about no bullshit or needing help to sell.
By Scott at Team Harco
amdavid wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:23 am If your local craigslist is worthy, put it on as a "mechanics special". Add the obligatory sentence about no bullshit or needing help to sell.
"I know what I have".
By amdavid
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:41 pm
amdavid wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:23 am If your local craigslist is worthy, put it on as a "mechanics special". Add the obligatory sentence about no bullshit or needing help to sell.
"I know what I have".
I hear you, however some exposure might get things rolling. The forum idea was good.
By fpena944
I tend to use Facebook marketplace more than Craigslist these days.

Yeah I know a lot of you hate that site but I've found a lot of interesting things on there and prefer the interface to CL.

Plus there's at least an additional layer between you and a scammer compared to CL since you can spy on the person you're corresponding with and see what they're about.
tooloud10, maddog2020 liked this
Rear Brake line Seized

Induction heater. https://boltbusterinc.com/ […]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]

1985 Speedo Issues Part 2

Hey everyone! I've been working on the guards red […]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]