Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
I appreciate all of you patiently working with me while I get past all of these issues. This is what I've compiled so far:

• Some users reporting that it sometimes takes images upwards of 30 seconds to convert from the lazy load “blur” to the real image. But images load immediately if I turn it off.
  • LikeBB not working. The Likes/Dislike buttons show up on the board but are not functional
  • Users complaining that font title colors in mobile are a little too light. How to change those?
  • In mobile there isn’t a way to jump to unread messages, although this option does appear on desktop
  • In mobile there are no avatars, is there a way to enable them?
  • In my current layout with the user panel showing up in the left side, the badges are also repeated within the message. Can this be removed without negatively affecting the mobile layout?
  • Occasionally getting a “THE REQUESTED TOPIC DOES NOT EXIST.” When bringing up a topic. This seems to be intermittent for my users.
  • Cut and paste images extension not working in this theme (Clipboard Image extension)
  • Easy multi-quote extension also not working in this theme (Modern Quote extension)
  • Titles of threads that were already read usually grey out in other styles, in this one the color doesn’t change
  • Is it possible to display pages of a thread on top of the thread once you’re in both in mobile and desktop?
  • Can PDFs be uploaded as attachments?
  • Can you toggle between mobile and desktop view when on mobile?
  • Attachment uploads are intermittent for files larger than 2 megs
  • phpBB Gallery isn’t working with Flatboots, can it be fixed or is there a Gallery available for this style?
If there is more let me know and I'll add to the list.

Thanks!
XtremeRaptor18 liked this
By fpena944
@SeanR - how did you "Like" my post?!? I can't get it to work for anything.

What browser/machine are you using? Maybe I can figure out how to fix it! :)
XtremeRaptor18 liked this
By SeanR
It's hit or miss. Can't 'like" this last post of yours.
fpena944 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 am @SeanR - how did you "Like" my post?!? I can't get it to work for anything.

What browser/machine are you using? Maybe I can figure out how to fix it! :)
By SidViscous
El Jefe

You shouldn't be worrying about changing between mobile and desktop view
That should be handled by the user in their browser.
By fpena944
SidViscous wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:28 pm El Jefe

You shouldn't be worrying about changing between mobile and desktop view
That should be handled by the user in their browser.
I figured that but also thought it might be easy enough to just provide a button for those who aren't sure how to do it.

I tried it on my Chrome browser and it switched flawlessly between the two experiences.

If it's easy I'll have him work on it, if not we'll move on to more important issues.
By David993S
I'm not able to upload a photo now. I get an "http error" message.

EDIT: I see the other thread where this is being addressed. Thanks.
By fpena944
My developer dude was away for a bit but he's on it now. Something got screwed up during the server move which is why I believe all of this is happening.
By Cuda911
Hey!!! Avatars are working... Great job! I like the little profile summary too.
By SCX2132
Big list.

I'm assuming you have a real job and family and life as well so patience shall be our collective virtue. I wish there was a dive bar to hang out in until I can post pics again.
By fpena944
SCX2132 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am Big list.

I'm assuming you have a real job and family and life as well so patience shall be our collective virtue. I wish there was a dive bar to hang out in until I can post pics again.
There is, check it out!

https://openroad.site/community/dive-bar-f3.html
By Cuda911
Hey, mind if I throw in another suggestion? In the Topics menus it would be great if it displayed who started the thread along with the topic title. I really liked that "thread starter" icon they started using at RL.
By animal8526
Even though we can't "like" posts, we still "like" you El Jefe.
Gretch liked this
By CharlieC
I tried several times today to upload a photo. I was on Firefox and even tried it on another browser. Both times I got the same warning. I did a screen shot but of course, I won't be able to show it to you.

It simply said:

ERROR
HTTP error.
By Cuda911
^^^ That's a known issue and is being worked on
By CharlieC
I had read about the old address not redirecting so I tried it. It did redirect so I tried to reply (as you asked us to) and wasn't able to. I got this error message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Access denied for user 'openroad_openroad-old'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

But at least for me, I cannot access rlsafespace.com, it brings me here.
By fastcars914
I don't know if it is just me or not, but it seems all my posts I made under the "Safe Space" banner after 8/10 are now gone and/or didn't transfer over to this format. Any ideas?
By fpena944
fastcars914 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm I don't know if it is just me or not, but it seems all my posts I made under the "Safe Space" banner after 8/10 are now gone and/or didn't transfer over to this format. Any ideas?
Unfortunately the redirect I had put in place at the old URL was not as rock-solid as I would have hoped. Some people still ended up over there when they should have been redirected here.

I had left the old forum up just in case there were issues with the new one but the two lived on in parallel. Unfortunately there was no way of merging them. My apologies but now there is only one version of this board and it won't happen again as I learned the hard lesson.
fastcars914 liked this
By CharlieC
I'm really enjoying this board. I have a couple of suggestions or questions:

1) Is there a way to make the font bigger. It looks fine on my PC, on my iPad, it's a little smaller than I'd like and if I use my fingers to "zoom" in, the text goes off the screen so I have to move the view left and right as I read it. (Maybe there's a user option that I didn't find.)

2) Again, on the iPad: I've seen it mentioned before but wondering if there's a way to have all the columns appear. The column on the left does not appear on an iPad but does on the PC.

Thanks for setting up the new site and all the work you've done!
By SCX2132
the avatar area in my posts says I'm offline when i'm logged in :D
Last edited by SCX2132 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Gretch
in the friends and foes section, there does not seem to be a listing if names in either category.
By Cuda911
Is there any way to know whose friend/foe lists I may be on?
By fpena944
CharlieC wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:16 pm I'm really enjoying this board. I have a couple of suggestions or questions:

1) Is there a way to make the font bigger. It looks fine on my PC, on my iPad, it's a little smaller than I'd like and if I use my fingers to "zoom" in, the text goes off the screen so I have to move the view left and right as I read it. (Maybe there's a user option that I didn't find.)

2) Again, on the iPad: I've seen it mentioned before but wondering if there's a way to have all the columns appear. The column on the left does not appear on an iPad but does on the PC.

Thanks for setting up the new site and all the work you've done!
On your iPad is it defaulting to the mobile mode or the desktop mode?

You'd know the difference because in mobile mode there aren't avatars or the "Unread posts" button (yet).

Reason I ask is because the mobile mode does have a slightly bigger font but I'll see if I can change it.
SCX2132 wrote:the avatar area in my posts says I'm offline when on logged in :D
Are you sure you exist? :lol:

Let me see what's going on with this one!
Gretch wrote:in the friends and foes section, there does not seem to be a listing if names in either category.
Hmm, I wonder if it's just a visibility issue because the list does have names on it. Let me look into that as it's working from the admin side.
Cuda911 wrote:Is there any way to know whose friend/foe lists I may be on?
Sorry you can only see your own as far as I know.
By SCX2132
Cuda911 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm Is there any way to know whose friend/foe lists I may be on?
With meaningful and honest reflection of one's self, one could answer this for themselves.
By SCX2132
SCX2132 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:22 am the avatar area in my posts says I'm offline when i'm logged in :D
this appears to be fixed! thanks for slogging through the bugs ..
By Cuda911
SCX2132 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:46 am
Cuda911 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm Is there any way to know whose friend/foe lists I may be on?
With meaningful and honest reflection of one's self, one could answer this for themselves.
I reflected. Came to the conclusion that I am on everyone's foe list.
SCX2132 liked this
By Yossarian
It's possible that I'm missing how to do this, but I thought I'd ask a formatting question here anyway.

The way we're doing pics right now is with the upload attachment tab, but that does a couple of things
1. It puts the dashed lines all around each pic
2. I can't tell how to manipulate pics and text together. For instance, how to add more text after a photo.

I have seen some pics being hosted elsewhere that don't have a dashes around them, so I guess when you make that link it is visible and you can post text anywhere you want around a pic.
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:21 pm It's possible that I'm missing how to do this, but I thought I'd ask a formatting question here anyway.

The way we're doing pics right now is with the upload attachment tab, but that does a couple of things
1. It puts the dashed lines all around each pic
2. I can't tell how to manipulate pics and text together. For instance, how to add more text after a photo.

I have seen some pics being hosted elsewhere that don't have a dashes around them, so I guess when you make that link it is visible and you can post text anywhere you want around a pic.
Not sure where the dashes are coming from as I don't see them on my side.

About a week ago I added another option where instead of using "Upload Attachment" I recommend using "Upload an Image" as it will store it on the cloud and try to format/structure it a little more efficiently.

When you select either attachment or image it creates some code that ends up on your post after you click on "Insert Inline" - that code acts just like text so you can put something before and after it. Now what you can't do (or at least I can't figure it out yet) is put something next to the the image.

Hope that helps, if not let me know and I'll try to create a walk-through guide on best practices for usage.
By Yossarian
That's interesting.

So it made it an imgur link automatically.

I'll use that from now on. I knew this was PEBCAK.
fpena944 liked this
By graham_mitchell
Two bugs that I reported already are not on that list:

- the cluster of icons on the top right, including the notification bell, are not responsive
- the "first unread" function jumps to the wrong part of the thread, always a few posts back from the correct place

(FF v80.0, Mac, Flatboots style)
By fpena944
graham_mitchell wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:34 am Two bugs that I reported already are not on that list:

- the cluster of icons on the top right, including the notification bell, are not responsive
- the "first unread" function jumps to the wrong part of the thread, always a few posts back from the correct place

(FF v80.0, Mac, Flatboots style)
I just let my developer know. Waiting for his response and I'll give you an update as soon as I can.
graham_mitchell liked this
By Fox_
Bug:

Password suddenly stopped working.
I use password tracker/storage, so I know it was correct.

Okay.

Reset password.
Reset password worked but splash screen post reset said something about password reset token being expired.
...but I'm now logged in so who knows.
By fpena944
Fox_ wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm Bug:

Password suddenly stopped working.
I use password tracker/storage, so I know it was correct.

Okay.

Reset password.
Reset password worked but splash screen post reset said something about password reset token being expired.
...but I'm now logged in so who knows.
I think I got it fixed. Anyone still running into issues?
Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Gary, hope all is well, and thanks for chiming in.[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

after many years of searching finally found a set […]

There were more 928s there, but I was happy to rem[…]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) simila[…]