Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By 911Königin
Boys, if you want to see some really tricked out racers, just check out the BMW Club!!!! Local PCA Club shared track time with the BMW Club this weekend aaannnd...........mercy :surrender: I could not leave Race Control while they were on track for fear of losing my hearing..............the first place guy was lapping the second place driver...........you think your rig is big ~ just check out some of their rides :eek: VERY interesting weekend! ALWAYS love my race weekends :beerchug:
By Cuda911
What track?
By fpena944
911Königin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:05 pm Boys, if you want to see some really tricked out racers, just check out the BMW Club!!!! Local PCA Club shared track time with the BMW Club this weekend aaannnd...........mercy :surrender: I could not leave Race Control while they were on track for fear of losing my hearing..............the first place guy was lapping the second place driver...........you think your rig is big ~ just check out some of their rides :eek: VERY interesting weekend! ALWAYS love my race weekends :beerchug:
Were you able to capture any videos or pics?
By Scott at Team Harco
Cuda911 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:12 amWhat track?
My guess would be Mid-Ohio. If not, then Nelson Ledges.
By 911Königin
Scott, you should have come ~ there were at least eight 944's on track and the weather was glorious! The BMW guys loved Mid Ohio so much that they want to come back next year, they just couldn't stop talking about what a great time they had.

There was a professional photographer on site Sunday, so hopefully some terrific photos will be out soon.

I think the BMW engines sound like a 747 taking off, while the Porsche ones have a deep throaty growl :cool:

The BMW driver that was lapping everyone brought two cars ~ one he is still working on (so he tested it out on the track) and when he is done, it will be one of three race cars in the US with that size engine.

All in all, a fabulous weekend!
By Scott at Team Harco
911Königin wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 pm Scott, you should have come ~ there were at least eight 944's on track and the weather was glorious! The BMW guys loved Mid Ohio so much that they want to come back next year, they just couldn't stop talking about what a great time they had.

There was a professional photographer on site Sunday, so hopefully some terrific photos will be out soon.

I think the BMW engines sound like a 747 taking off, while the Porsche ones have a deep throaty growl :cool:

The BMW driver that was lapping everyone brought two cars ~ one he is still working on (so he tested it out on the track) and when he is done, it will be one of three race cars in the US with that size engine.

All in all, a fabulous weekend!
My track days are over. We are planning to go to 944Fest at NL over Labor Day weekend. Probably my last chance to see my old friends...
By 911Königin
Scott, believe me when I say I understand how hard it is to be a 'watcher' when you really want to be behind the wheel, but don't ever give up the things you love. And, NEVER stop fighting :thumbup: Your friends will be overjoyed to see you at NL :beerchug:
Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks Dave. I surely don't want to mess with th[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]