Watercooled 911s
By worf
By worf
Oops. I hate folks that tease a link.

Looks like a 997 Turbo went to Bad Ass School but, underneath the Gemballa Suit, it’s a non-S 997.1.

Here:

By fpena944
worf wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:19 am Oops. I hate folks that tease a link.

Looks like a 997 Turbo went to Bad Ass School but, underneath the Gemballa Suit, it’s a non-S 997.1.

Here:

I like it!
amdavid wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:36 pm A waste of time/money, if you're going to look the part, be able to play it.
If it were impersonating a GT3 RS or something else then I would think the same, but since it takes cues from other cars but doesn't claim to be them I'm good with this.

I know it's a little out there for some but it's not like any modern 911 is slow, it's just not as fast as some of the more performance-driven models.

I remember those crazy Gemballa designs from the 80s...wow some of those were out there!
linderpat liked this
By worf
From PCARMarket description:
$15k carbon fiber interior package from Wicked Motorworks.
CF for appearance purposes is a pet peeve of mine. And to spend that much on bling... :redface: :rolleyes:

Spend $150k for a CF tub? That I'm good with. (Not gonna do it, but kudos to those who can...)
By worf
amdavid wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:08 pm Or 35K for a "real" motor...
amdavid liked this
By linderpat
meh, I'm with Fernando on this one. The modern 997.1 and beyond are pretty damn good cars, just not compared to their more performance enhanced brothers. For about $8K more, you can do things to improve it beyond S specs. Mine has had this work done. Mine still looks like an innocent non-S, but it goes quite well, and sounds great (Fabspeed this and that, plus some other stuff). Hey, I like red too :evilgrin:
By worf
linderpat wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:49 am For about $8K more, you can do things to improve it beyond S specs.
Which those bozo's didn't do.

There's nothing wrong with a wolf suit on a wolf.

I *like* that Gemballa kit.

If they'd done something useful to the motor then I could like the whole package. As it stands...

All hat. No cattle.

Don't spend money making your car look like a "race car" and not spend a single penny on performance upgrades.

Don't bring a wet noodle to a knife fight.
By worf
Oh.... yeah. I've got a big brake upgrade for that car:

By linderpat
worf wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:14 pm Oh.... yeah. I've got a big brake upgrade for that car:

hmm, will those fit under my 15" Fuch's Chinese knock-offs? :lol2: :roflmao:
Rear Brake line Seized

oh that looks like an ugly job Bertrand! Good luck[…]

Hey everyone! revisiting an old thread to finall[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]