General discussions related to cars and driving
By fpena944
Back tires on the Cayenne TT are wearing out after 18 months (not a bad run, eh?!?) so would like to replace just those two.

I'm looking at Tire Rack right now as the LATITUDE SPORT 3 - SIZE: 295/35R21 are running for about $400 each.

Is there anywhere else I should consider instead? Or is this about as good as it gets?
By 3.2 Targa
I've done Tire Rack a few times and used a mobile installer. They came to my house and did the tires while I waited and watched. A little higher total cost than Discount without having to deal with the mouth breathers at Discount. Worth every penny
amdavid liked this
By N_Jay
I have used tirerack for years (Circa early 80's) (Think 800 number in R&T).
They are rarely beaten on price, and if you call up you can get lots of good advice on what they have that works (including discounted tires)
By Scott at Team Harco
If you have an installer you trust, try Tires-Easy if looking for the best price. I have used them many times for friends, family and fellow competitors that were looking for tires. I have tire mounting and balancing equipment, and used to offer that as an option. Not so much anymore. I did mount some tires on Fuchs wheels a few months ago. Probably would need help from my son going forward. I can still give direction... :beerchug:

As mentioned, even Amazon is an option. Tire Rack is a great place. I have had good experience with them over the years.
By Gregs04.5
Another vote for tire rack, some indy shops get pissy when you walk in with tires you didn't purchase from them, luckily, I have a shop near me, that will take in most any work.

Greg
By jcnesq
I've used Tire Rack once and everything was superb. I think their prices are usually close to as good as it gets. You can (or least could in the past) have them ship to one of their installers, and my guess is installers signed up with them won't get snitty for fear of losing that business.

I have never used Costco, but they would definitely be worth checking if you have one anywhere close.

Finally, although I am on the cheap side, I do try to remember, does it really matter if you pay a little more for the convenience aspect of this deal?
By fpena944
Thanks everyone!

For my 911 I actually use Bridgestone and at the local shop they have honored the Tire Rack prices. But for the CTT I figure I'll stick with what it had to begin with.

I'll give TR a call and see what they can do for me.
By N_Jay
I have used Costco and their prices are even better than Tirerack, but the selection in limited.
Tirerack contracted installers are never a problem and usually better than their walk-in prices.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:01 am I have used Costco and their prices are even better than Tirerack, but the selection in limited.
Tirerack contracted installers are never a problem and usually better than their walk-in prices.
I'd have to join Costco though. And my wife just doesn't believe in buying a 48-pack of Pop-Tarts that I can finish off in two weeks.
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:07 am
N_Jay wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:01 am I have used Costco and their prices are even better than Tirerack, but the selection in limited.
I'd have to join Costco though. And my wife just doesn't believe in buying a 48-pack of Pop-Tarts that I can finish off in two weeks.

Just let me know, and I can meet you there.
P.S. There are Point Blank shooting ranges near both the Mathews and Mooresville Costcos. ;)
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:19 am

For the pop tarts or tires? :biggrin:

Just kidding, let me check their site and see what they offer. Thanks!
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 am
N_Jay wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:19 am

For the pop tarts or tires? :biggrin:

Just kidding, let me check their site and see what they offer. Thanks!
Well, last time I took a friend their to get contact lenses, I came home with a 70" Sony.
By Scott at Team Harco
By Scott at Team Harco
That's very cool. Especially getting Lewis Hamilton to do the work....
fast_freddy liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
fpena944 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:09 am
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:48 am That's very cool. Especially getting Lewis Hamilton to do the work....
I hear he does this throughout the week to pass the time. :biggrin:
Well - with the summer break, he's got plenty of free time...
By FlatSix
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:48 am That's very cool. Especially getting Lewis Hamilton to do the work....
Under 3 seconds per change.
By Scott at Team Harco
FlatSix wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:03 pm
Under 3 seconds per change.
As long as your name isn't Bottas.
FlatSix liked this

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]

I think that’s the most choices I have seen […]

Thanks for getting back to us.

good forum "engine"

was busy typing a response to a question :typin[…]