8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By linderpat
Yes! It sounds badass too!
By maddog2020
It starts.... and that is where it is, It's not even close to driving. Still need tuning, alignment, and I also still need to figure out why some relays are back feeding others in the CE. I may have to ping Alan on TOS to figure it out.
By maddog2020
Instead of going to the breakfast I worked through some of the relay problems, and a few other things. the choppy sound at idle was due to too much dwell on the coils, and too much fuel at idle. I dialed both back and it started easily, idled well and had a nice burble at 700 RPM. I blew coolant out of the bottle as I didn't tighten the cap. I also have an oil leak behind the alternator so I need to get the car back up on jack stands and see what is going on. I also seem to have a rattle from the torque tube/transmission, so I'll take this chance to get the starter off the bell housing and see if there is anything I can see.
By ALKada
Hmmm, torque tube from debatable source….rattling sound in back of car…..
linderpat liked this
By maddog2020
Good progress got the ignition timing dialed in. Oil leak was an easy one, snugged up the drain plug without jacking up the car. Figured out what the rattle was. It’s the shifter linkage. It’s a common Corvette problem. Clutch out, shifter in neutral. All in all a good weekend. Next up is syncing the ITB’s. I have to admit I’m not looking forward to this. I also need to dive back into the instrument pod as I don’t have coolant temp, oil pressure, or fuel level. Grr… its always something.
By ALKada
Patience, my 928 Jedi……
By maddog2020
I'm also not getting alternator charging from the GB alternator.....
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:25 pm I'm also not getting alternator charging from the GB alternator.....
I’ve installed three. All worked.

Have you checked for voltage at the exciter wire?
By maddog2020
got the cluster issues resolved. also figured out a few more things. battery isn't taking a charge so I'm on the hunt for a battery. I'm pretty sure I have the charging issues resolved as well.
By hessank
Any updates Stirling?
BTW, what transmission are you using? I'm having Reverse Gear issues with mine (can't find it when hot).
Recently started. I remember you told me you were using an upgraded version.

:bigcry:
By maddog2020
I've had some setbacks... I ended up pulling the entire drive train. I had a leak on the t56 that I had purchased as a salvage trans, and when I removed the tail housing & differential to fix the leak I found the trans was pretty much a core. gears were worn down, bearings shot. It would have cost me more to fix it than to buy a new trans. I found a local Tremec shop and they built me a custom TR6060 and I got to choose the gear ratio's. I also had the diff rebuilt as the gears & bearings in it were shot. I had the diff re splined for the larger output shaft of the TR 6060. I also had the brackets rewelded because the ones with the kit were so poorly done. I also fixed some of the clearance issues. I also shaved the lower control arms to clear the 335s 100% in any situation.

I also had issues with the GB clutch, no surprise there, and I'll post another thread about that later.
By hessank
Thanks. Yes, I wanted to verify it was a TR 6060 you were using.

Is it a direct fit in our situation?
I read that it was a direct swap into the vettes so instead of rebuilding a T56 I would get a TR6060 instead?
I did read that it has the larger spline input shaft on it.
(https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6 ... -drop.html)

Seriously, this car has become like a second mistress. Truly a labor of love.

Thanks

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]

I think that’s the most choices I have seen […]

Thanks for getting back to us.

good forum "engine"

was busy typing a response to a question :typin[…]