Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
By tooloud10
@JDS968 When is that TRX expected to be available? Has that been announced yet?
By JDS968
Official announcement supposed to be next week.
By lupo.sk
Diesel raptor??? If it was some kind of dope 4L+ V8 diesel, that might be fun. But a 3.0L diesel in that is just plain boring IMO.
By Fox_
Heavy iron in the front of an "offroad" pickup doesn't sound fun.

If it's not heavy iron, what's the appeal over gasoline?
By JDS968
lupo.sk wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:17 pmDiesel raptor??? If it was some kind of dope 4L+ V8 diesel, that might be fun. But a 3.0L diesel in that is just plain boring IMO.
Ford has an awesome 4.4L V8 turbodiesel they used to put in Range Rovers, only not in the US of course. That motor, tuned up, would be wild fun in a Raptor. Similarly, now that the piece of shit Nissan Titan with the badass 5.0L Cummins V8 is dead, we really should pick up the contract and start putting them in Rams, V.M. Motori be damned. Get Cummins to tune one up to 450 horsepower and 750 torques and put it in a TRX. I'd sell a kidney for that.
Fox_ wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:36 pmHeavy iron in the front of an "offroad" pickup doesn't sound fun.

If it's not heavy iron, what's the appeal over gasoline?
1100 RPM torque peak?
By tooloud10
JDS968 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 pm Official announcement supposed to be next week.
Here's the press release. Honestly, the TRX sounds awesome but the towing and payload aren't much higher than the Raptor's. The engine sounds awesome but I suspect this is going to be significantly more expensive than $60k--probably closer to $85k, I'll bet.

Any word on that?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... nU21lg9L3c
By JDS968
Yeah, towing numbers look pretty close. That automatic trailer reversing system looks convenient, but doesn't actually add any real capability.

Pricing on the website right now looks like around $72k MSRP.

I gotta say, I kind of REALLY want one right now. But even though the Hellcat motor is supposed to be the headline, I'd still want one even more with a tuned up diesel.
By Airkuhl
Awesome truck. And even though I love my Raptor, I do miss my humble Ram in some ways as well. I prefer the Raptor exterior and the Ram interior.

I specced one out as close to my Raptor as possible and it looks like about a $15K premium. That's serious money. I hope it works out for Ram, more options is always good.
By tooloud10
JDS968 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:40 pm I gotta say, I kind of REALLY want one right now. But even though the Hellcat motor is supposed to be the headline, I'd still want one even more with a tuned up diesel.
Agreed, the engine wouldn't be the draw for me. Hell, how much would it cost with a 400hp engine?
Airkuhl wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:01 pm Awesome truck. And even though I love my Raptor, I do miss my humble Ram in some ways as well. I prefer the Raptor exterior and the Ram interior.

I specced one out as close to my Raptor as possible and it looks like about a $15K premium. That's serious money. I hope it works out for Ram, more options is always good.
Agreed.
By JDS968
Some kind of hybrid between the Rebel and TRX using the 5.7 Hemi at 395hp/410tq with the TRX body, suspension, and axles should be easy, logistically. Just don't know if Product Planning and Marketing would go for it.

Even without taking over the 5.0L Cummins program, I'd still want to buy one with the 3.0L diesel.

I definitely prefer the Ram exteriors, although I don't like the Limited front end much with the extra narrow headlights. I miss the old DS Ram styling, that was my favorite looking pickup in the last couple decades. The recent Ford, Chevy, and GMC pickups keep getting uglier and uglier with every refresh. I think the current Chevy is offensively ugly and the Ford is not far behind.
By TRAKCAR
I think the embargo on how it drives ends at midnight, if it rides soft and cushy and the tires are not crazy loud, what could you want more from a vehicle?
By tooloud10
I'm still kicking this around. Considering a Cayenne Turbo as well, but I have to say that the much lower depreciation of the Raptor is very appealing to me. Most of my delay in pulling the trigger is because it's starting to not make any sense to buy a used Raptor when the pricing looks like this:

'17 w/ 120k miles = $45k
'17 w/ 36k miles = $55k
'20 w/ 0 miles = $65k
By tooloud10
Doing my best to work out a deal on a '19 Raptor with every option, but I feel like I'm speaking a different language than anyone employed at a major brand car dealership these days.

My entire career has been spent in sales and I never encounter shit as sleazy as the stuff I run into while trying to buy a car. I found the perfect vehicle at a dealer in Wisconsin about two hours from my home, and against my better judgment I gave them my email and phone number. I've been contacted by no fewer than three different employees in 24 hours, have indicated that I'm interested in the vehicle at the lower of two prices I can see online, and all they care about is when I can come over to look at it and test drive it.

I'm not driving two hours to dick around with idiots for hours, I don't need to inspect or test drive the vehicle until the deal is worked out, I'm not even asking for a discount from the lowest advertised price (which is reasonably fair).

I just don't want to play games with assholes, simple as that. I would buy a lot more cars if it wasn't for the losers that modern car dealerships employ.
By tooloud10
Picked up a Performance Blue '19 Raptor on Friday. It's got the Recaro seat package and every option except the side graphics (that I didn't want anyway). The transaction was a huge PITA but the truck is perfect, other than the poor turning radius.
IMG_8533.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeanR, amdavid, Van1 and 1 others liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
tooloud10 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:15 am Picked up a Performance Blue '19 Raptor on Friday. It's got the Recaro seat package and every option except the side graphics (that I didn't want anyway). The transaction was a huge PITA but the truck is perfect, other than the poor turning radius.
Just give it more welly.

Nice truck. I've got two sets of Hakkapeliitta LT3s coming for a friend with a Raptor. Two sets, you may ask? I'll need to ask him, too.

By tooloud10
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 am Just give it more welly.

Nice truck. I've got two sets of Hakkapeliitta LT3s coming for a friend with a Raptor. Two sets, you may ask? I'll need to ask him, too.
Awesome, I was unaware of any winter tire options for the Raptor.
By Scott at Team Harco
tooloud10 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:13 pm

Yeah - well I might have found the last 8 that are in North America...
By AKSteve
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:25 pm

This site seems to have them: https://www.tiresbyweb.com

At least, I was able to add a set to my cart and go to checkout. Once I got to the part where you put in your shipping address, I got a message saying their free shipping doesn't apply to Alaska or Hawaii (the freak states) and that I should call their 800 number to continue.
By Scott at Team Harco
AKSteve wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:51 am
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:25 pm

This site seems to have them: https://www.tiresbyweb.com

At least, I was able to add a set to my cart and go to checkout. Once I got to the part where you put in your shipping address, I got a message saying their free shipping doesn't apply to Alaska or Hawaii (the freak states) and that I should call their 800 number to continue.
That's where I ended up ordering them from. All of my other sources came up empty. They are hard to find in that size.
By tooloud10
I'm a huge proponent of winter tires but I'll probably just wing it for this winter and see how it goes, especially considering how little driving we are doing since we're both WFH indefinitely.
By AKSteve
tooloud10 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 am I'm a huge proponent of winter tires but I'll probably just wing it for this winter and see how it goes, especially considering how little driving we are doing since we're both WFH indefinitely.
You can make do just fine with the stock tires in the winter. I honestly had no idea Nokian Tires made a Hakkapalitta that would fit the Raptor. I'm tempted to get a set just because I'm at 30k miles on my original set of tires and I'm going to get a new set in the spring anyway. The Raptor would be a beast driving on a set of true snow tires in the winter. Even though I'm tempted, I'll probably skip getting a set.
By tooloud10
AKSteve wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:31 pm honestly had no idea Nokian Tires made a Hakkapalitta that would fit the Raptor. I'm tempted to get a set just because I'm at 30k miles on my original set of tires and I'm going to get a new set in the spring anyway. The Raptor would be a beast driving on a set of true snow tires in the winter. Even though I'm tempted, I'll probably skip getting a set.
There is something to be said for taking a capable vehicle to a whole 'nother level, so I'm still considering it. Shortly before getting the Raptor I sold my daughter's Land Rover (with Blizzaks) and I've simply never driven a more capable vehicle in the snow. I'm almost afraid I'd get overconfident!
By Scott at Team Harco
Another option if the Rotiiva. Not as capable as the Hakka in the snow, but still a good tire. We've got several sets on our trucks (and even on a horse trailer).

Believe it of not - Walmart sells them and, unless you live in the middle of no where, you can probably get free shipping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-Rotii ... e/50296349
tooloud10 liked this
By tooloud10
Had a weird problem with the leather on the steering wheel so took it to the Ford dealer just down the road from me. They replaced the whole steering wheel under warranty.

I have to say, I've been extremely (and pleasantly) surprised by the competency of my local Ford dealer. I've been taking my Explorer there for a year or so and now the Raptor and they're way easier to work with than any of the complete pricks I end up dealing with at the Euro dealers.
IMG_8687.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By AKSteve
The "All New" 2021 Ford Raptor was launched today. I can't say it looks any better than the Gen 2 model that I already own. It's almost like they ran out of ideas. And I think I like the old grille better. The 2022 Ford Raptor R model with a V8 might interest me bit more. But for now, I'll be keeping my 2017 Raptor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabuelsa ... c56f05e23c

By tooloud10
I'm disappointed only because the Raptor got stuck in the stupid horsepower war with Ram, and now the Gen 3 Raptor looks underwhelming because they haven't announced the V8 model yet. Standing on its own, the new Raptor has some really nice upgrades--the 5 link rear suspension, the optional 37s, and the much nicer interior--but it all got lost in the noise surrounding the engines.

I personally do not care about the V8 when the 3.5TT is such a good engine, and I just don't need a 700hp+ truck if it costs another $20k, weighs 1k lbs more, and gets 8mpg.

I'm really happy with my '19 SCREW, so I'll keep driving it for a few years and probably replace it with a Gen 3 Ecoboost in a few years. I suspect that the take rate for the V8 will not be as high as a lot of people think when they realize it's gonna be a $100k F150.
By DAVfoto
TRX are selling at a premium last I heard, some are going for well over 100k.. I'd be game if it was at 80k.

Sorry for going off topic.

Edit: With regards to 2021 raptor, is it me or does anyone see hardly any difference besides the grill? Hell even the 958.2 Cayenne did more exterior changes compared to the 958.1 than this new raptor did.
By tooloud10
DAVfoto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:40 pm With regards to 2021 raptor, is it me or does anyone see hardly any difference besides the grill? Hell even the 958.2 Cayenne did more exterior changes compared to the 958.1 than this new raptor did.
The Gen 3 Raptor is still based off the '21 F150, which is traditionally the best-selling vehicle in the country, so the design is often evolutionary. The interior is nicer than the previous gen, though I think people are overstating it a bit--I remember thinking how nice the interior of my '15 Lariat was.

When the previous gen F150 got a minor facelift and updated styling mid-cycle, the Raptor team skipped the changes and chose to use the budget to improve the drivetrain. It will be interesting to see if they make the same choice in a few years.
By DAVfoto
Been looking at the 21 Raptor and the more I look at it, the more I like it. Plus you can get 37s from the factory now.

If I can get one for 68-71 msrp then I would be happy. Hell Gen 2 19s-20s are going for 70 and over used with 10k miles or so on them. Ridiculous. I refuse to get a used truck that is around msrp with 10-20k mileage on it.
By AKSteve
DAVfoto wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 pm Been looking at the 21 Raptor and the more I look at it, the more I like it. Plus you can get 37s from the factory now.

If I can get one for 68-71 msrp then I would be happy. Hell Gen 2 19s-20s are going for 70 and over used with 10k miles or so on them. Ridiculous. I refuse to get a used truck that is around msrp with 10-20k mileage on it.
Standard mark-up for Ford dealerships in Alaska is $15k on Raptors. I actually paid $5k over for mine, which is the only time I've ever paid a premium. In fact it's the only time I've paid even MSRP for a vehicle. But I really wanted this truck and didn't want to wait forever to get one. And the dealership originally rejected my offer of $5k over, but I got the Porsche dealership involved (same parent company) and the salesman eventually called me back...."So the manager of the Porsche dealership called my manager and I've been told that I have to sell you the truck for $5k over." I have to say, everything about the purchasing experience was off putting. They really made it seem like they were doing me a favor selling me the truck. Having said all of that, I LOVE my Raptor.

I'm not sold on the new model and I'm going to hold off until next year's supercharge V8 model comes out before I decide if I want to "upgrade."
By DAVfoto
Ford Raptor Forum was able to dig up the pricing guide and order guide. Base price on new is 64k, 71k for 801 and 80k for 37s. I think max buildout was 83 something.
By tooloud10
Been thinking a lot more lately about getting a gen 3 and will probably do so when I can get one for MSRP, which I don't think will be too long. I've gotten a few offers for $10-12k more than I paid for my gen 2 last December and am considering the timing of selling it and going without a truck for a few months while a new one comes in.

Haven't quite found the right dealer yet that will sell for MSRP, but there are a few out there. Using the Sync 4 and wireless CarPlay system in my '21 Ford company car has spoiled me a bit and makes the Sync 3 system in the Raptor feel very dated.

Probably get a mostly loaded one with the 37s, 801A high package, and sunroof. That's not quite fully loaded and the build comes to a little over $83k which...seems a little silly but not of a huge concern when '13-14 gen 1 models are still selling for $50k+ in some cases.

Hopefully a plan falls into place here so wish me luck. :)
By AKSteve
tooloud10 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:13 pm Hopefully a plan falls into place here so wish me luck. :)
Good luck. Locally, every dealer marks Raptors up by $15k. They're all Kendall Ford dealerships and that's just what they do. I was able to get one for $5k over MSRP back in 2017 and I've had a sour taste in my mouth about it ever since. That's the only vehicle I've ever purchased at MSRP, let alone paid a markup for. If I had waited a year, I THINK I could've gotten one for MSRP just based on my good relationship with Kendall Porsche/Audi. And I think that I can get a new one now for MSRP since I would be a repeat customer. But even with the markup that I paid, I would still do it all over again. I love my Raptor that much.
By tooloud10
AKSteve wrote:Good luck. Locally, every dealer marks Raptors up by $15k. They're all Kendall Ford dealerships and that's just what they do. I was able to get one for $5k over MSRP back in 2017 and I've had a sour taste in my mouth about it ever since. That's the only vehicle I've ever purchased at MSRP, let alone paid a markup for. If I had waited a year, I THINK I could've gotten one for MSRP just based on my good relationship with Kendall Porsche/Audi. And I think that I can get a new one now for MSRP since I would be a repeat customer. But even with the markup that I paid, I would still do it all over again. I love my Raptor that much.
I've got a short list of dealers already willing to sell for MSRP but I don't have any experience with any of them and they're not very close. There is a Ram dealer a couple hours away from me that is doing TRXs at $5k under MSRP, and they have a Ford store as well so I'm hoping I can put together an MSRP deal with them.

I am extremely pleased with the Raptor as well and can't believe how much better it drives than than the average jacked-up bro dozer on big tires. One thing I wasn't expecting was how much attention it gets--nobody here seems to notice my Euro cars but they all seem to love this truck.
By AKSteve
tooloud10 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:55 am I've got a short list of dealers already willing to sell for MSRP but I don't have any experience with any of them and they're not very close. There is a Ram dealer a couple hours away from me that is doing TRXs at $5k under MSRP, and they have a Ford store as well so I'm hoping I can put together an MSRP deal with them.
When I bought my Raptor at Kendall Ford, they told me to make sure that I bring it back to them when I want to sell/trade it. I think they want to control the market locally. The local Kendal Porsche dealership is currently selling a 2019 Raptor with 23k miles on it for....$89,988! So, trading your truck in might end up being the best way to get a deal on a new Raptor. Then again, dealers being dealers, they'll probably try to rip you on the trade-in anyway.
By tooloud10
AKSteve wrote:When I bought my Raptor at Kendall Ford, they told me to make sure that I bring it back to them when I want to sell/trade it. I think they want to control the market locally. The local Kendal Porsche dealership is currently selling a 2019 Raptor with 23k miles on it for....$89,988! So, trading your truck in might end up being the best way to get a deal on a new Raptor. Then again, dealers being dealers, they'll probably try to rip you on the trade-in anyway.
Yeah, I've gotta dance around the trade-in thing because no dealer wants to pay market rate for my current truck and sell me a new one for MSRP--and I don't blame them for that but they definitely do want my current truck though because inventory is so low.

I'm thinking my best bet is to find an MSRP offer and just sell my current truck private party. That's considered a 'trade' in my state so I retain the sales tax benefits and I think I can get the whole thing done for $10k.
By DAVfoto
New Raptors are hittings lots and some are 20-30k over msrp. Most are 10k and I think some are a little less.
By tooloud10
I'm in the market for a third gen Raptor and a couple of friends have pretty easily found deals for MSRP on the 'standard' model with 35s but dealers with allocations for the 37" option are still demanding $10-20k ADM around here. I like my current truck so I can be patient until the 37 pricing comes down to MSRP.
New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]

Bring A Trailer finds

Winning bid of $295K for the Vector doesn't real[…]