8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By checkmate1996
Might need solution for this depending how testing goes. The CPS female side "wires" not the connector were shot...
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:12 pm Might need solution for this depending how testing goes. The CPS female side "wires" not the connector were shot...
So... the harness-side of the CPS?
By SeanR
Roger has the connectors. The trick is to make absolutely sure none of the wires come in to contact with each other when you replace the connector.
By checkmate1996
so in the meantime, I poached a couple of bosch female connectors from my parts cache. Stripped the old wire and re-soldered new connections. Doubled up on the heatshrink wrap for each wire. Hopefully that's enough...
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:46 pm so in the meantime, I poached a couple of bosch female connectors from my parts cache. Stripped the old wire and re-soldered new connections. Doubled up on the heatshrink wrap for each wire. Hopefully that's enough...
It's the shielding of the harness branch to the CPS that kills ya...
By checkmate1996
Yeah that’s what I am worried about.
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:25 pm Yeah that’s what I am worried about.
A long, long time ago I did a repair to an S3 harness CPS branch close to the connector. It worked for a while. Then another internal break appeared closer to the root (where the CPS branch leaves the 'trunk' of the LH harness.) I repaired that. It worked for a while.

Then another break appeared at the root. I threw the harness away and installed a used one.

The good news is that you can repair the shielding. You can use aluminum foil if you need a 'big' section.

The bad news is that once the guts of the harness in the air guide area shows breaks, IMO, chances are there's more than one.

Back of the motor is a tough place in which to live. For 35+ years.
By checkmate1996
Thanks Dave for the insight. I actually did use some aluminum foil to help with shielding. It seems to work In the movies!!😂😂😂😂
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]