8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:08 pm Thanks Dave for the complement and Ed. I used a company out of Indiana called industrial plating. Old school but very friendly. It’s all yellow zinc plated.
DAMN IT. :order:

I thought you'd found some magic...
By checkmate1996
Also powder coated the water bridge, spider and thermostat housing metallic silver.
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:52 pm Also powder coated the water bridge, spider and thermostat housing metallic silver.
Did you clear the coating from the water bridge flanges and NTC-II sealing surface to ensure a good ground for the NTC-II (Temp-II?)
By checkmate1996
Dave - to be honest I didn’t sand it down - but the car starts hot//cold perfectly. If it didn’t I probably would have looked there first or if does become a problem... but good call regardless ...
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 pm Dave - to be honest I didn’t sand it down - but the car starts hot//cold perfectly. If it didn’t I probably would have looked there first or if does become a problem... but good call regardless ...
You will know: after an hour or two, the idle will be upgefuncky. It might take some hours of running before it manifests.
By checkmate1996
Fair enough!!
By JBRob007
Drive it to cars & coffee so you can park it next to my 86 Guards Red, 5 Speed & LSD 😎
checkmate1996 liked this
By JBRob007
Nice day meeting up with 3 928s and picking up 32 bottles of booze! Brad, I have yours at my house... you better hurry, it’s calling my name 🥃🥃🥃
By checkmate1996
I’m planning on going
By Ghosteh
Beautiful car! I had a gold (Hellbronze) '85 5-speed & never should have sold it. That's an excellent year & manuals are more fun!

Thanks for the tip on the zinc-plating shop! I'm close enough that I'll eventually get all my stuff over there.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]