By fpena944
Since we have such few posts here I didn't want to create a huge number of forums.

So for right now it's just a general car forum. We can start splitting once we get some more conversations going.
By Erik N
LTCMontana had referenced the Vette guys as being a raucous group in PC.

I would drive a Vette.
By DAVfoto
fpena944 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm Since we have such few posts here I didn't want to create a huge number of forums.

So for right now it's just a general car forum. We can start splitting once we get some more conversations going.
Sounds good to me! I'll definitely try to contribute some news or random stuff in here to fill it up!
By Fox_
SeanR wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:25 pm Put a Land Rover forum, I have two and may need more help than any of my Porsches could need.
I *might* break for a Defender 110 otherwise I'll never own another Land Rover!
By SeanR
Fox_ wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:30 pm
SeanR wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:25 pm Put a Land Rover forum, I have two and may need more help than any of my Porsches could need.
I *might* break for a Defender 110 otherwise I'll never own another Land Rover!
Lol, you definitely need to find work before you do that.
By Airkuhl
I just bought a new (to me) car that isn't a Porsche. I like the idea of one sub-forum for all cars for now. If some marque ends up dominating, we can revisit.
By mkptlb
I cross shopped a Range Rover Sport when my Cayenne Diesel was cancelled. I ended up with a Q7, which has had zero issues after 3 years and 140000km. Are Range Rover vehicles as unreliable as I have heard?
By TheDeckMan
Paddlefoot64 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:16 pm Doesn’t bother me, but let’s get some version specific stuff going. I depend on the 996 forum!
Happy to contribute 996/997 content.

There are a bunch of us old Corrado guys that got run off VWVortex years ago and have a group on FB but no real home. Pretty much most have joined the 996/997 after I jumped in and said the water was not half bad.
By FuckYourCouch
TheDeckMan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 pm
There are a bunch of us old Corrado guys that got run off VWVortex years ago and have a group on FB but no real home. Pretty much most have joined the 996/997 after I jumped in and said the water was not half bad.
Is this gonna bring me out of forum retirement? With FB killing the forums there is a void for archived/searchable places for enthusiasts.

Maybe subsections for Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Munich, as well as Stuttgart...
By DAVfoto
mkptlb wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:32 pm
I cross shopped a Range Rover Sport when my Cayenne Diesel was cancelled. I ended up with a Q7, which has had zero issues after 3 years and 140000km. Are Range Rover vehicles as unreliable as I have heard?
I also cross shopped RR sport SC when I was looking at the Cayenne. I looked at X5ms and others. I seem to think of what if I had gone those routes but my Cayenne GTS has been quite reliable so far, only 1.5 years into ownership but still. I enjoy it!

I like the new Audi RSQ8 and have been thinking, when that gets more affordable that I consider going that route..
By TheDeckMan
FuckYourCouch wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:43 pm
Is this gonna bring me out of forum retirement? With FB killing the forums there is a void for archived/searchable places for enthusiasts.

Maybe subsections for Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt, Munich, as well as Stuttgart...

That would work out pretty slick.
By linderpat
Nicole wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:31 pm No love for Tesla?

You guys are too cute, and a little sore from all the beatings.
I admire your chutzpah Nicole. You are not afraid of this brave new world even though you may be the only progressive here. I’ve always enjoyed your banter.
By SeaCay
linderpat wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:19 pm
Nicole wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:31 pm No love for Tesla?

You guys are too cute, and a little sore from all the beatings.
I admire your chutzpah Nicole. You are not afraid of this brave new world even though you may be the only progressive here. I’ve always enjoyed your banter.
So unbecoming.
By fpena944
Paddlefoot64 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:16 pm Doesn’t bother me, but let’s get some version specific stuff going. I depend on the 996 forum!
Happy to contribute 996/997 content.

I think I told this story before on RL but I used to be a big VW enthusiast and saw the Corrado as the pinnacle of VW ownership.

Test drove a VR6 model and LOVED it. But then held off and ended up getting my 944 S2 instead. Fair trade but still loved the sound of that engine and the handling. Even though less horsepower than my S2, it felt just as fast but of course I preferred the rear drive of the P car.

I've owned an 83 GTi, 84 cabrio with Jetta GLI engine, and a 92 cabrio with a 1.8 16 valve engine. Fun times!
By TheDeckMan
fpena944 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:06 am
I think I told this story before on RL but I used to be a big VW enthusiast and saw the Corrado as the pinnacle of VW ownership.

Test drove a VR6 model and LOVED it. But then held off and ended up getting my 944 S2 instead. Fair trade but still loved the sound of that engine and the handling. Even though less horsepower than my S2, it felt just as fast but of course I preferred the rear drive of the P car.

I've owned an 83 GTi, 84 cabrio with Jetta GLI engine, and a 92 cabrio with a 1.8 16 valve engine. Fun times!
Corrados are still the pinnacle :lol: The Corrado, TT and GT2 clone of mine are the 3 I can never find giving up. Long time Mk2 owner, it is funny how we started out in many the same cars and migrated over to Porsche. The VR6 Corrado always has been my baby having had it now almost 16 years! Was out of action for close to 10 years after doing the paint and engine overhaul, which spiraled out of control to rewiring the car with standalone. At this point it needs some tuning, a catch can and alignment. Alas house renovation has put that off until winter.

Of course thread is worthless without pics!
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]